The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The Senate Majority Leader , Mitch Mc Connell >>

POINT 2017-02-08 00:03:57 

By banning Elizabeth Warren to read a
letter written by Coretta Scott King ,during the Hearing for Jeff Sessions nomination to be the Attorney General ,
in my opinion; has wittingly or unwittingly given those who are against
Jeff Sessions becoming the Attorney General , a lot of ammunition .

Indelibly etched in my mind is the fact
that in a Public Forum , Mitch Mc Connell stated in crystal clear unambiguous language the following :

" MY NUMBER ONE JOB IS TO ENSURE THAT

PRESIDENT OBAMA BECOMES A ONE TERM

PRESIDENT " .

I cite this to factually illustrate the sort of person Mitch Mc Connell is
he stopped Senator Elizabeth Warren from reading a letter that Coretta King wrote to the Senate years ago when Jeff Sessions was being nominated
to become a Federal Judge .

Evidently there is a rule in the Senate that a Senator cannot be critical of the reputation of another
Senator .

So Elizabeth Warren can no longer speak in the Hearing of Jeff Sessions to become the Attorney General of the USA . This in my opinion , is akin to being banned , and the Republican Party is likely to pay a heavy price for the highhandedness of Mitch Mc Connell .

This is very likely to spawn more demonstrations ; because all Senator Elizabeth Warren was doing was reading a letter from Coretta Scott King , that was deliberately not put into the
record when Jeff Sessions was nominated to be a Judge some years ago .So Coretta Scott's letter was not put
into Jeff Sessions record some years ago , when he was nominated to be a Judge ; and currently is not being cited now due to the Majority Leader
Mitch Mc Connell , now preventing Senator Elizabeth Warren from reading
the letter , so that it can be placed into the Record .

SirGarny 2017-02-08 09:44:55 

In reply to POINT

I'd be curious to know the contents of the letter....can anyone get access to it?

buds 2017-02-08 11:38:50 

In reply to SirGarny

She read it on FB--

POINT 2017-02-08 11:53:17 

In reply to SirGarny

I have not yet checked it out , but I am sure that it would be in the Washington Post ;and perhaps on YouTube . Or if you just Google it .

Ewart 2017-02-08 13:46:09 

In reply to SirGarny

See Courtesy's post...

//