The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Make your prediction for the finals

Slipfeeler 2017-02-08 09:07:12 

It would seem like semi-final match ups will be B'dos vs T&T and JA vs LI
Defending Champs T&T better wake up from their slumber for an unbeaten B'dos is currently looking for not only a spot in the finvals but to win the entire tournament. Anything less than a championship would be seen as a loss to B'dos with so many WI players on the team.

The epic and exciting matchup with be between JA and LI. With the loss to injury of King, JA might be playing with one less batsman and with Capt Powell who is current in great form, scoring prolifically, the Yardies will have to raise their game both batting and bowling to prevent a hurricane onslaught.
Much will depend on Blackwood, Campbell, Taylor and Powell,

I believe both Bonner and Thomas will have outstanding innings in that match for players like to remind their home teams that they are still relevant and should have been picked on the respective home teams.

positiveg 2017-02-08 09:13:57 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Barbados for sure already locked the semi final spot and JA should be there with them in Group A
LI and if TnT wins today in Group B
I don't think we will lost to TnT in our last game and that should e a shot in the arm for LI.
Barbados is hoping not to have their first loss in the tourney in the semis cause that would surely suck.
I see Hurricanes and Pride in the finals. can't call it yet though, on who will win, just need to see how they both play in the semis.
Leeward depends heavily on top order and though they been able to win 2 games from their middle order the guys still seem to falter when 3 batters go down. So let's see.
Pride still though coming close to lose like twice has shown they can fight it out but shown how much they too depend on their top order.
I think JA has been lucky very lucky. and TnT hitting their stride late.

WestDem 2017-02-08 09:16:43 

In reply to Slipfeeler

After reading all the flip flopping in your post, what is your prediction?

I believe both Bonner and Thomas will have outstanding innings in that match for players like to remind their home teams that they are still relevant and should have been picked on the respective home teams.

You type this to please JahJah, Natty and VOR, right? lol lol lol

Slipfeeler 2017-02-08 09:28:07 

In reply to WestDem

No bro just an objective view of the teams but I strongly support the Yardie team to create an upset and to win it all.
big grin big grin

cherri 2017-02-08 09:33:59 

Anything less than a championship would be seen as a lost to B'dos with so many WI players on the team.........

Seriously?.......wuh west indian players got to do wid anything?........doan leh dem go out there and play a complete game.....Barbados could easily get knock out of this tournament if they doan play a good game......two games in this round dem bareley scrape home......people call dem exciting games........they could easily come out on the wrong side of the next such game, and dem games does usually come at the wrong time..........as far as I am concerned, any of the four teams going forward can win this, there are no clear cut favourites for me.......

Slipfeeler 2017-02-08 09:39:11 

In reply to cherri

My point exactly if they don't play to their potential they will lose and anything less than a championship would be considered by their fans as a loss!

Slipfeeler 2017-02-08 09:51:20 

In reply to positiveg

You say JA has been lucky but I say JA has been unlucky to lose King to injury, guy looks like a consistent match winner. Although Campbell gave a brilliant all-round MOM performance yesterday against Guyana, so JA have performers not just luck!
big grin big grin

cherri 2017-02-08 09:56:14 

In reply to Slipfeeler

OK........

analyst-kid 2017-02-08 09:56:29 

In reply to positiveg

Pride still though coming close to lose like twice has shown they can fight it out but shown how much they too depend on their top order.

Any Pride-Red Force encounter hinges heavily previously on TWO men...Kraigg Brathwaite and Darren Bravo.

Red Force has no Bravo so the match revolves around Kraigg who has taken an intense liking to Red Force's bowling.

Red Force needs to out Brathwaite cheaply to stand a chance cuz I'm not sure about their batting...I was very disappointed with them against the Volcanoes although they eventually won that encounter ....they need Lewis to put up a score just to be competitive it seems.

voiceofreason 2017-02-08 10:06:47 

In reply to Slipfeeler

With the loss to injury of King, JA might be playing with one less batsman

Sounds like you are preparing excuses for your imminent loss? Why are your hopes pinned on a batsman who has played only 8 LIST A matches, hs 48, ave 20.37 ? smile

voiceofreason 2017-02-08 10:08:47 

In reply to Slipfeeler

The favorites are clearly the STAR STUDDED Bajan team. They are unbeaten and have the most players with international experience. Anything less than a championship would be considered a failure. cool

positiveg 2017-02-08 10:28:20 

In reply to voiceofreason

Check Cherri's post, they realise that Pride just one loss from losing it all and that loss could come in the semis

osrlive 2017-02-08 10:29:50 

BAD vs LEE

nick2020 2017-02-08 10:46:51 

Sound like net sum zero.

granite 2017-02-08 11:13:01 

TT haven't played one good match yet,they have won but not well enough to give confidence to anyone.They are now due a good match in terms of batting,if they get going a score of 275 will be good enough to beat any team in the Caribbean because they have probably the best bowling team.

natty_forever 2017-02-08 11:21:42 

In reply to voiceofreason... because he is improving with each mtch played, whilst Thomas going backwards.

big grin

natty_forever 2017-02-08 11:22:17 

YAad will win both the 50 and 4 day comps!

tc1 2017-02-08 11:24:42 

In reply to granite

Bim has a hurdle to climb without a loss, it's tough to go thru a tournament without the defeat.

voiceofreason 2017-02-08 11:30:12 

In reply to positiveg

Cherri? Cherri just trying to downplay her team's chances but from the objective observer it is reasonable to conclude that they are the favorites.

Slipfeeler 2017-02-08 11:47:24 

The youth was just beginning to stamp himself as a major player, hope he recovers soon. Have you forgotten how he destroyed the hurricane 4 day bowlers? big grin big grin big grin

Ridge 2017-02-08 11:54:27 

ICC vrs CCC in the 2018 Finals sad

granite 2017-02-08 12:48:28 

In reply to tc1
That is so true,you see it so regular in all sports,and sometimes it's mental tiredness,but one man could be the difference...KB don't look like he does get tired at all.

lol

analyst-kid 2017-02-08 13:31:34 

The inclusion or rather retention of Stoute IMO has strengthened Barbados even further.

cherri 2017-02-08 14:13:42 

Downplay you say?......downplay what?......I does think wid my head not my heart, cricket is played on the day, and so far Barbados has had some good and some not so good days, but they have always managed to get over the line, the real bad game does come at the wrong time......every team bar Bim has lost a game, a loss at this juncture is curtains for Bim............I doan need to downplay nutten boss..................

wunna betta out twinkle toes or he gin yam wunna supper today.... rolleyes