The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Twitter - Stock

carl0002 2017-02-08 13:39:10 

Birdseye this got to be a good stock to buy over the next little while.
Trump alone going to make this stock skyrocket over the next 4 years, since it seems he will be running his administration from there.

pelon 2017-02-08 14:09:35 

In reply to carl0002

Trump alone going to make this stock skyrocket over the next 4 years,

4 years? No bro, that's the reason to flee twitter.

1. The generation that makes twitter profitable is not a pro-trump demographic. Twitter has a revenue problem.
2. Trump WILL abandon twitter - his personality needs control - he will grow to despise the open, vocal anti-trump twitter universe.
3. Twitter is in decline, outside of this "trump bump" there is low to no user growth
4. The app market is facking fickle, 10 years ago Skype, yesterday twitter, today snapchat

I don't see twitter as a buy, and the only other time I said so was with some company called ?Blackberry smile

If you buy twitter, look for pain. $18.64 as of today.

carl0002 2017-02-08 15:12:12 

Ok! Ok! Agree, not over the next 4 years. Lets say over the next year, cuz after Trump done with this thing after a year, they will be forced to change the name from Twitter to Twit

lol lol

Tryangle 2017-02-08 15:25:27 

Yeah, I'd be wary of the lot of them. Unless you're in a quick turnover kind of game where as soon as a company blows up, Facebook or someone buys them out.

That said, thank goodness Trump sticks to Twitter. Can you imagine him on Snapchat or Periscope?

DukeStreet 2017-02-09 05:35:59 

In reply to carl0002
Jus mek sure you short or buy some puts on it if it look like The Don is heading toward impeachment. Just saying.

lol

birdseye 2017-02-09 07:39:31 

In reply to carl0002

That is timely and interesting – just this morning, 2/9/2017 @ 7: AM – notice the price target announced is $25 ---- it’s at $18 in pre – market ---- the one I picked up 1400 shares of is APOP – it’s an Israeli pharmaceutical – it went up 18% yesterday ------TWTR – not really my liking.

though I actually join Twitter a week ago - man it just inundate U with a whole lot a shit

XDFIX 2017-02-09 08:27:34 

Man buy lots of it at that price!

pelon 2017-02-09 08:51:24 

In reply to birdseye

though I actually join Twitter a week ago - man it just inundate U with a whole lot a shit

today, you will see Twitter drop 8% or more in the opening hour. This is just like you and Blackberry stock, joining a tech bandwagon AFTER the apex. lol lol lol

birdseye 2017-02-09 09:14:18 

In reply to pelon

I happen to have made money on BBRY – I am still up 7% on some BBRY shares I own – I do not own any Twitter shares and have no plans to own any --- wink wink

carl0002 2017-02-09 10:12:41 

In reply to birdseye
there is always the possibility that the next few tweets from Trump can send that price through the roof. Especially when he does them at 3am in the morning in his bathrobe.
lol lol
You know one day he go make a mistake and Twitter will be the first to know lol

birdseye 2017-02-09 10:30:44 

In reply to carl0002

You know one day he go make a mistake and Twitter will be the first to know
that's an interesting existential comment big grin

carl0002 2017-02-09 10:44:57 

In reply to birdseye

No, its an alternate fact. lol lol

pelon 2017-02-09 10:47:16 

In reply to carl0002

Twitter just dropped 10% in value THIS morning on sales news.

Even Trump can't help: LINK

carl0002 2017-02-09 11:01:08 

In reply to pelon

You know, people said trump would not win the election (self included). Who is laughing now lol lol lol

Nothing wrong with going down a couple of floors, when you know you going back up to the Penthouse of Trump Tower lol lol lol

black 2017-02-09 11:13:17 

In reply to pelon

Ivanka Trump products are not doing well. Retailers are dropping her product lines like crazy.

pelon 2017-02-09 11:24:53 

In reply to black
You are correct.

Retailers (not voters) see Trump as toxic - or at the least demographic disparity - and if you look at his base, the hardcore (middle) American blue collar worker: they are NOT going to shop at stores like Nordstrom. Even TJ Maxx has pulled the plug.

The "opulent" brand image of Trump, and his decedent business do not match the Trump voter demographic. The two co-exist out of optimism (whether real or not) for jobs/stronger economy.

So many retailers have pulled the plug on his retail Brand. Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Belk etc have all scaled back. Macy's maybe next.

birdseye 2017-02-09 11:29:53 

In reply to carl0002

No, its an alternate fact.

Albert Camus wrote a book which was all about the absurdity of life ---- one thing I remember from that book is – “There is no truth but merely truths” -------
Which I take to mean – you need all the ‘truths” to get to the truth – and so far no one has them all
wink wink

black 2017-02-09 11:34:47 

In reply to pelon

The "opulent" brand image of Trump, and his decedent business do not match the Trump voter demographic. The two co-exist out of optimism (whether real or not) for jobs/stronger economy.

Good point. A good portion of his demographics are rural Americans.

birdseye 2017-02-09 11:52:55 

In reply to pelon

'Antinomy' in philosophy - a contradictory and illogical conclusion produced by two apparently correct and reasonable statements or facts

pelon 2017-02-11 13:43:08 

File under follow-up:

Birdseye this got to be a good stock to buy over the next little while.

The stock price of Twitter has fallen substantially in the last 4 days. When I first warned "do not buy" it was at $18.70, pregnant with Trump bump optimism from some here. Look at the close of day price friday: $15.58 - I don't see twitter north of $20 for months, if not ever. The exodus of users will be BECAUSE of politics.

Of course it can, and perhaps will rebound marginally, but this stock is a no fly zone for an investor looking to make real money. My conclusion carlo is the same: If you buy twitter, look for pain.

Know your stock, know the market it is in. The only time Twitter is a "buy" is if it drops below $9 and you gamble on a buy out... and that shit is risky.