The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Leewards should make a trade for Ambris...

voiceofreason 2017-02-10 18:34:13 

Bonner and the rights to a 1st round draft pick in the 2017 draft to the Windwards in exchange for Ambris. smile

POINT 2017-02-11 12:18:33 

In reply to voiceofreason

Take your eyes off Ambris ., the last time I saw him in person he was 12 years old ; going to matches where his brother was playing .

He is a very valuable asset to the Windward Islands , therefore to get him You will have to give the Windwards both Powell & Cornwall .

I can assure you that having Cornwall
run up some of the hills in SVG , in a month he will lose 40 lbs .

voiceofreason 2017-02-11 12:30:10 

In reply to POINT

Sorry Bro, Powell and Cornwall are two of our franchise players and will not be traded. We could throw Chesney in the mix?

Fivestar 2017-02-11 14:45:03 

In reply to POINT

He is a very valuable asset to the Windward Islands

Not too long ago the two most promising young batsmen in the Caribbean were Ambris and Blackwood. Indeed, there was an interesting discussion in this forum back then as to who would make the West Indies team first.

The Ambris supporters felt he had the better technique of the two. On the other hand, the Blackwood supporters felt he was the more attacking of the two.

As we all know, Blackwood was picked for West Indies and Ambris just sort of faded away.

However, in this tournament Ambris is back in a big way. The million dollar question is will he be picked on the West Indies team.

CricketLuva4 2017-02-12 19:11:22 

In reply to Fivestar

He had a good start to his FC Career, I think he made 2 centuries in his first season, then fell off a bit. His average in FC is below 30.

List A he hasn't done much before this season. 6 of his 8 fifties have come this season, but I'm all for picking him.

voiceofreason 2017-02-12 19:18:55 

In reply to CricketLuva4

Before this season he averaged 45 plus in LIST A and now he averages 55.72. It is not just this season where he has produced in LIST A, he has been doing it all of his young career. FC he dropped off from his first season but he seems to be doing better this season but has a lot of work to do to get his Ave to a respectable 35 or more.

CricketLuva4 2017-02-13 07:16:56 

In reply to voiceofreason

Too small a sample size before this season to make any real judgements.

aliaskid13 2017-02-13 12:42:49 

In reply to Fivestar

I always felt like Ambris was the better of the two, but Blackwood being more attacking was always going to get the nod because that's the style of cricket we tend to prefer. But he has a tendency to play too many shots in the air and has a glaringly obvious weakness to the rising delivery outside off stump. Once Ambris get's a chance at the higher level i expect him to keep that spot and do much better than Blackwood.