The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T's Population officially 1.4 million..

bravos 2017-02-11 18:12:32 

I knew it..thinking closer to 1.5 with all those illegal immigrant brothers and sisters around,place like NY and Mia,everywhere you turn is an accent. All cool though,let's mix it up!! cool

Priapus 2017-02-11 19:09:24 

In reply to bravos

Really? I was thinking that all these murders these past few years would have made a dent in TnT's population.
BTW what is the latest figure for this year?

pelon 2017-02-11 19:19:45 

In reply to bravos

Population officially 1.4 million

Based on your post in another thread, we can see why...

smile

bravos 2017-02-11 20:16:26 

In reply to Priapus

F@ck off wit dat shit pal,go commit suicide or sumn,was thinking more like Pelon..

bravos 2017-02-11 20:16:45 

In reply to pelon

Yep! that's where I was going! cool twisted

Priapus 2017-02-11 21:45:58 

In reply to bravos

Dude I asked a serious question and ure cussing me for asking it?

pelon 2017-02-12 10:54:16 

In reply to Priapus

It was an idiotic question. Murders all year was 463 - as high as that is "relatively", that can't dent the birth rate!

So in that way, pointing out murder rates in this thread was sttooooppppiiddd.

Now having called your question idiotic, I will confess that Brother Bravos was running a little hot with his reply .... so jus gather 'round with the peace pipe and sign Kumbaya wid me. lol lol lol

Commie 2017-02-12 11:39:54 

In reply to pelon

I think you missed the point. Unless I am elevating Priapus level of thinking.

Murder rates have a negative effect on population because of migration. If you look at the correlation even in the US on the murder capitals of that country and the depopulation of those cities, its clear that the higher murder rates climb, the more citizens get out of dodge.

Therefore Priapus is right and bravos must stop being so emotional. Its a bad look.

pelon 2017-02-12 11:45:29 

In reply to Commie

Yes, correct you are on all counts. I defer to your input: increase in murder rates = increase in migration - with limited acceptance. People migrate from the Caribbean mostly/largely due to economic reasons. After that, crime or persecution would come second.

Our overall quality of life is incomparable.

You don't leave TnT to migrate to the Bronx because of the crime rate - take that to the bank. lol lol lol lol

bravos 2017-02-12 12:00:07 

In reply to pelon

"You don't leave TnT to migrate to the Bronx because of the crime rate - take that to the bank"

Oh re priapuss I know disingenuous when I see it,and it will always get cuss..

bravos 2017-02-12 12:08:16 

In reply to Priapus

pal step good when you stepping to me ok..

Suicide Rates By Country

Rank Country Suicides per 100,000 People

1 Guyana 44.2
2 South Korea 28.9
3 Sri Lanka 28.8
4 Lithuania 28.2

As bad as it is T&T murder rate never reach 44.2 and was 31/100 last year a very bad year,and now you come here playing chupid..

Tell me about their populations,are they dented? Now add the murders,road deaths etc and let's talk . T&T's road deaths are at historic lows,soon to be one of the lowest in the world and that's all you can throw in man face,Jamaica's murder rate was 50/100,000 last year and there were 5 higher than T&T in the Caribbean,tell me about if their populations declining..

Wheel bro...later Priapuss..

Commie 2017-02-12 12:11:52 

In reply to pelon

That was the norm before, but we have to elevate our thinking because Trinidad is not an ordinary Caribbean country. It is resource rich but corruption was the biggest issue in Trinidad that affected migration.

I wouldnt be surprised violent Crime is now near the top.

Look now the reports are saying Carnival 2017 numbers down because of the immigration ban in the US AND violent crime.

All these countries suffer the same malady btw. Its just scale thats different.

granite 2017-02-12 12:28:00 

Priapus gone running with cock in hand. lol lol lol

bravos 2017-02-12 12:30:24 

In reply to granite, pelon

The irony is our murder rates now have an updated figure to work with,our past rates have been calculated on a 1.2 million population old data.. cool

granite 2017-02-12 12:40:07 

In reply to bravos
Could it be that the deportees now back in TT creating this murder scene.The fact that they may have brought back a culture of violence which may have been their life style abroad,not all but some,I have read that over the last ten years 6000 have been sent back to TT from Canada USA and UK.

cool

bravos 2017-02-12 12:44:05 

In reply to granite

Yeah that started 20 years ago,they set it off,they brought the sophistication and impunity,gun down any way, any day, any time...taught us well,taught the Caribbean well..Jamaica knows well about the scourge of the deportee..

granite 2017-02-12 12:50:51 

In reply to bravos
I was always under that impression,i'm not saying we are saints but that is a big bloody factor,but hopefully we will find a way,yuh notice ah say "we will find a way",ah just can't help saying we,after all these years.

cool

JahJah 2017-02-12 13:09:41 

In reply to bravos

The irony is our murder rates now have an updated figure to work with,our past rates have been calculated on a 1.2 million population old data.. cool

yeh, coz is ungle unnu one with incorrect popl figures. lol lol

Priapus 2017-02-12 13:31:32 

In reply to granite

Lol...nah man. Unlike some on here I don't spend every living minute on this site.
My thinking when I asked bravos the question is in line with what Commie stated...that violent crime could be a contributing factor in migration. I don't think anyone on here is doubting that the majority of Caribbean peeps migrate for economic reasons.

BTW a cock in hand is not something to frown upon.....it depends on whose hands we're talking about. big grin

bravos 2017-02-12 13:54:13 

In reply to JahJah

No by all means update and improve yours too..I'm all for accuracy and progress..

granite 2017-02-13 13:57:47 

In reply to Priapus
Totally agree mate,but just the thought of"cock in hand" sounds funny.

lol