Beaton 14
Mayers 14
Gabriel 13
Tonge 13

ROACH 10
check it here

TheTrail 2017-02-16 23:56:21 

In reply to tc1

Roach played in 6 matches - not a bad outing.

Innings: 6

Average: 17.60

Econ: 3.96

Strike Rate: 26.60

mikesiva 2017-02-17 06:53:42 

In reply to TheTrail

Not bad...for a medium pacer. Tino observed last night that roach had lost a lot of pace and was a shadow of the fast bowler he once was.

Those figures might be good enough to keep him in the Barbados team. But are they good enough to earn a west indies recall?

There are a number of pacers who have taken more wickets than roach this tournament.

Rampaul
Joseph
Taylor
Holder
Mayers
Beaton
Reifer
Gabriel
Tonge

robbo 2017-02-17 09:06:41 

In reply to mikesiva

I've said before that Roach ( despite his claims ) is not back to his quickest and best.... I understand where Best was coming from but I do think his comments were a little harsh... I thought Roach looked fairly sharp at times last night..I still hope that he can regain something very near to his best form because he could still have a lot to offer.

Headley 2017-02-17 09:46:54 

In reply to robbo

I still hope that he can regain something very near to his best form

Roach at his best was one of the top 6 fast bowlers the WI produced. You're hoping for a lot.

I hope your hope and all the other Hopes including Shai and Kyle come through. big grin

robbo 2017-02-17 10:12:05 

In reply to Headley

I would agree with that ! big grin

mikelegend 2017-02-17 10:25:09 

Questions: 1.) Who was Roach's coach when he was bowling very quickly, but with a no ball problem?
2.). Who was the coach that fixed his no ball problem but altered his bowling style?
3.) Which coach changed his run up approach to the wicket.
4.) What is the difference in physical stature of Roach and the coach who adjusted his style of bowling.
5.) Can you depict the similarities between Roach's run up approach to the wicket and delivery and that of the coach who altered his action?
6.) Tino said something about aggressive mindset

It's more than just the shoulder injury guys and gals. cool cool cool

aliaskid13 2017-02-17 10:37:19 

Roach still has some way to go. When he first came on the scene the thing abount him that stood out the most was how easily he generated his pace. He did it with little effort. The new Roach lloks like hes giving it everything and is still medium fast at best. Of course, we'll have to wait till he's playing in a game with a radar gun to know just how much pace he's regained. But its still good to see him back in the park. My advice to him would be even if you can't get back to full pace at least try to get that outswing back. You dont need blistering pace if you can swing the ball.

Narper 2017-02-17 11:02:55 

Cacaroach is done...stick a fork in him

If he is so fit and ready...why did he play in 6 matches only?

Was he dropped?

If he can't get wickets in dung heap....how is he going to get wickets in international cricket.....he can't be selected on limited past glory

Cacaroach is injury prone...he should tek he money and open a gym for the public...a la Sarwan.,....and BTW....he should employ Benn as his assistant wink

openning 2017-02-17 11:15:47 

In reply to Narper
Both Benn and Roach were rested, so that Cummins and Warrican could be match ready.
Jason said that on Midwicket

Narper 2017-02-17 11:33:49 

In reply to openning
Rested is just a mild term for drop.

Kay 2017-02-17 11:42:04 

In reply to Narper

Cacaroach is done...stick a fork in him

Ah suh me seeit too.

But we love to recycle dem based on past performances....

TheTrail 2017-02-17 12:39:48 

In reply to mikesiva

In reply to TheTrail

Not bad...for a medium pacer. Tino observed last night that roach had lost a lot of pace and was a shadow of the fast bowler he once was.

Those figures might be good enough to keep him in the Barbados team. But are they good enough to earn a west indies recall?

There are a number of pacers who have taken more wickets than roach this tournament.

How many ODI matches did those bowlers you mention played in this tournament?

When you are quoting "BIG IDIOT" Tino who only knows one way to bowl, tells me a lot about you, cricket wise.

Roach is the best fast bowler the WI ever produced since Ambrose and Walsh.

It is a good thing you guys are not selectors.

silver 2017-02-17 13:09:33 

In reply to TheTrail

Roach was rushed back after surgery he will never be the same

TheTrail 2017-02-17 13:27:50 

In reply to silver

Roach was rushed back after surgery

Maybe you are right about the rushing back scenario but did you not hear what Roach had to say about his current fitness two weeks ago?

Tell me, why didn't Roach play in the other two matches?

Outswinger 2017-02-17 17:24:32 

In reply to Headley

Roach at his best was one of the top 6 fast bowlers the WI produced. You're hoping for a lot.

Whoaaa! Hold on just a minute dude! Say what? If Roach was top 6 at his best, which if these was he better than (at their best too)? Take yuh time:

1. M. Marshall
2. M. Holding
3. A. Roberts
4. J. Garner
5. W. Hall
6. C. Griffith
7. C. Walsh
8. C. Ambrose
9. I. Bishop
10.C. Croft

There are others that are better too, but that's enough punishment fuh you! Just understand that Roach cannot even make the WI top ten much less de top 6.

TheTrail 2017-02-17 22:38:34 

In reply to Outswinger

1. M. Marshall
2. M. Holding
3. A. Roberts
4. J. Garner
5. W. Hall
6. C. Griffith
7. C. Walsh
8. C. Ambrose
9. I. Bishop
10.C. Croft

That headley just looking for an argument for an argument sake. But like BClinton would say: this dog is not hunting today! lol

Even Stevie Wonder could see those Ten are/were great bowlers.

11. Kemar

12. Taylor

13. Dillon

14. Edwards

15. Collins

16. Rampaul

mikelegend 2017-02-18 06:59:46 

Roach's problem is simple. He is a small man in terms of fast bowling, thus he needs more MOMENTUM to the popping crease and fluidity through it at delivery. At current, he simply ambles in to the popping crease, basically stops once there and STRAINS himself to generate pace. He is a strong lad, but I believe that mechanics he currently uses, doesn't fit his physical stature to generate optimum pace. Nevertheless, he is a very good bowler who WILL take wickets because of skill.

silver 2017-02-18 08:53:52 

In reply to TheTrail

Roach have bills to pay I don't think he will sell you a different story

analyst-kid 2017-02-18 08:59:44 

Roach has a chance today to show if at least he is ODI ready. He has a VITAL role today to restrict and dismiss the Scorpion batsmen.

He has been performing well without being pounded this tournament...10 wkts @ 17.60 with an economy rate of 3.96 are very good figures and Jamaica NEEDS TO take apart him and Holder for a good score cuz I don't think they will do well against the Pride spin trio of Nurse/Benn and Chase.

TheTrail 2017-02-18 11:44:05 

In reply to silver

In reply to TheTrail

Roach have bills to pay I don't think he will sell you a different story

Do you know Roach personally?

Do you know me personally?

Everybody has bills to pay unless they are in jail living off the taxpayers...

I am telling you he will not BS me. I do not engage in allyuh false narratives on this MB.Anyhow,I digress.

This final match today will show you and other (Monday morning quarterbacks) on this MB why he is a top class bowler, pre hiccup shoulder injury. Well he is back on his way of making all the WI team formats and it is sticking in allyuh "craw".

Most of you on this MB are dealing with ulterior motives and it is showing...
Nuh wonder WI ODI and Test cricket are in the dump for the last twenty years and counting with no advancement in sight...

TheTrail 2017-02-18 19:58:32 

In reply to aliaskid13

My advice to him would be even if you can't get back to full pace at least try to get that outswing back. You dont need blistering pace if you can swing the ball.

He is working on the yorker, again.

cricketmygame 2017-02-18 20:38:10 

Powell almost end his career but dem early wickets set up the win

Narper 2017-02-18 20:46:15 

Roach to Powell, SIX, another full toss and out of the park, hammers it over the midwicket region
Roach to Miller, (no ball) 1 run, full toss above waist height, taps to leg side
Roach to Powell, 1 run, full lenth ball, drags it down to long-on
Roach to Powell, SIX, another one, back of a length this time, slogs it powerfully to wide of long-on
Roach to Powell, SIX, full and wide, goes deep inside the crease and hammers it over the long-on, gets to his fifty

stick a fork in him....done

Kay 2017-02-18 20:47:42 

In reply to Narper

People still making a case for this has been.... time to move on

Scar 2017-02-20 00:04:05 

Dunno who the selectors will pick but we must remember in ODI type cricket maidens are almost as good as a wicket falling in terms of RR altering. If Roach avg is 3+runs that is very good ODI bowling. Roach also unlike the 3 others can help us win a match with his bat.

On the two sixes in tbe 42 over temember one CB with 4 straight off a top English quick who is quicker and better than Roach - in a WC final!! It happpens in the last 5 overs a lot!!

Cornfused 2017-02-20 06:31:24 

Where are the bowling speed machines? We are guessing with our pacemen .

TheTrail 2017-02-20 15:12:14 

In reply to Cornfused

That is the WIndian way - they see someone bowl like "grease lightning "and one would say he is bowling around Approx 97Mph...get him into the test and ODI team...

Cotterell is a perfect reminder on his debut in test and ODI. He got hammered in test cricket. The first over he was clocking 95Mph and the second over he was huffing and puffing @ a military 75Mph.

The best thing that was going for him that day were his salute.

Go right ahead and puff up Leverage instead of encouraging the selectors to get him into an "A team" to hone his craft.

Look, we have two experienced bowlers in Roach and Taylor...leave them out at your own peril...