The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ayenmol

black 2017-02-19 10:29:13 

What happens when man's law conflicts with God's?

Shouldn't you pursue God's law, even if it means jail time?

nick2020 2017-02-19 10:45:58 

In reply to black

I am not Ayenmol but if he was an SDA Ellen G White writings would tell you to uphold God's will even if it means jail time.

But I recall he is a JW. The same would apply.

I am curious black. Where would he find himself in jail?

black 2017-02-19 15:24:54 

In reply to nick2020

I am curious black. Where would he find himself in jail?

Not that hard to land yourself in jail, there are contentious/conflicting issues on abortion, gay rights, etc.

Ayenmol 2017-02-19 16:11:47 

Acts 5:

27 So they brought them and stood them before the Sanhedrin. Then the high priest questioned them 28 and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” 29 In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.

Ayenmol 2017-02-19 16:20:37 

In reply to black

Not that hard to land yourself in jail, there are contentious/conflicting issues on abortion, gay rights, etc.

Not sure why i'd go to jail for that. We are not activist. We teach persons the Bible, they decide what to do with it.

Feel free to read this article if you want to see the Bible'says view.

black 2017-02-19 17:20:47 

In reply to Ayenmol

Are you willing to defy Man's law, where and whenever it conflicts with God's word? Yes or no?

nick2020 2017-02-19 18:54:43 

In reply to black

So how does you obeying God's Law mean you force others to follow suit?

Ayenmol 2017-02-19 19:12:29 

In reply to black

That is not a question that needs to be answered in words...I have shown you what the Bible says.

Ayenmol 2017-02-19 20:11:59 

nickoutr 2017-02-19 21:11:56 

In reply to black

Not that hard to land yourself in jail, there are contentious/conflicting issues on abortion, gay rights, etc

Isaiah 5:20King James Version (KJV)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

black 2017-02-19 22:14:17 

In reply to nickoutr

Isaiah 5:20King James Version (KJV)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

What are you doing about it?

nick2020 2017-02-19 22:28:37 

In reply to black

Why is that for him to deal with?

black 2017-02-19 23:50:01 

In reply to nick2020

Why is that for him to deal with?

Well, because some people are targeting gays and other nonconformists, instead of fighting against the law.

Ayenmol 2017-02-20 16:31:09 

In reply to black

True Christians do not fight against the law. They are keenly aware that the World is controlled by the devil. Only God's Kingdom can change things for the better.

Jesus was put to death unjustly. Yet when Peter tried to defend him by the sword he instructed Peter to put the sword away.

What true Christians are doing is what Jesus did...which is why they are called Christians...and what did Jesus do?
Matthew 4:

23 Then he went throughout the whole of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the Kingdom and curing every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity among the people.

Jesus taught about God's Kingdom. God's Government as the only hope for mankind. He healed the sick, fed the hungry and even brought the dead to life! Foreshadowing the Blessings that God's Kingdom will bring!

nick2020 2017-02-20 17:22:04 

In reply to black

Okay but black where in the Bible does it say Christians need to seek to right wrongs and risk imprisonment? I would figure that is the domain of God.

I have a counter question for you - why do you dwell so much on beliefs? I think we will all find out what is in store for us after we die. You believe it is nothing. Nuttin wrong with that in my books. Ayenmol believes it is something.

Live and let live.

Ayenmol 2017-02-20 17:55:01 

In reply to nick2020

think we will all find out what is in store for us after we die.

Ecclesiastes 9:
5 For the living know* that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten.

Ecclesiastes 9:
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave,* where you are going.

The time to seek God is while you are alive.

black 2017-02-20 18:45:35 

In reply to nick2020

Okay but black where in the Bible does it say Christians need to seek to right wrongs and risk imprisonment?

My question was, what happens when God's word conflict with Man's laws?

You cannot have it both ways, you either follow God's laws or Man's laws. That is going to put you in conflict, where you might have to decide between God or jail.

nick2020 2017-02-20 18:54:12 

In reply to black

My question was, what happens when God's word conflict with human laws?

black please read what I said and stop fishing.

Nothing happens when God's word conflicts human law.

The End.

black 2017-02-20 19:00:11 

In reply to Ayenmol and Nick

It's not as ridiculous as it might seem, this happens a lot in the Middle East.

XDFIX 2017-02-20 19:02:41 

In reply to black

I would take the bullet, if push comes to shove!

Absolutely no question here on the reality of God and godliness!

God's law rule supreme every time - Christian God!

black 2017-02-20 19:07:37 

In reply to nick2020

Are Muslims more devout than Christians?

black 2017-02-20 19:17:17 

In reply to XDFIX

I would take the bullet, if push comes to shove!

If you followed the Bible the way it was intended, you'd be in jail by now. lol

Ayenmol 2017-02-20 20:03:23 

There are many Jehovah's Witnesses who have been killed for their faith. Not because they rebelled, demonstrated or otherwise, simply because they refused to engage in atrocities.
Unlike other Religions who either actively participate or tacitly permit atrocities in the moment then apologise and condemn in retrospect, God's people are able to quickly identify issues that are contrary to the Teachings of th e Bible and avoid them.

Wars, Genocide, Political unrest, racial conflict etc etc...no matter the place. Nazi Germany, Hutu/Tutsi.

Even today Witnesses are imprisoned in Russia, Eritrea, some for 20 plus years now for conscientious objection to laws that would force them to violate God's law. So this is not a matter of if...

Even in the United States and Canada Witnesses endured various unlawful attacks, many perpetrated by the Clergy. Others due to their neutral stand on Nationalistic issues.

nick2020 2017-02-20 20:37:18 

In reply to black

Are Muslims more devout than Christians?

You know when your only purpose is to get as many posts in your threads you lose the substance of your topics.

nickoutr 2017-02-20 21:13:28 

In reply to Ayenmol

Even in the United States and Canada Witnesses endured various unlawful attacks, many perpetrated by the Clergy. Others due to their neutral stand on Nationalistic issues.

Amen to that bro.
When you are prosecuted so much you must be doing something right.

black 2017-02-20 21:15:17 

In reply to nick2020

You know when your only purpose is to get as many posts in your threads you lose the substance of your topics

Explain.

You always interject with some vague nonsense.

nick2020 2017-02-21 02:50:34 

In reply to black

That is pretty clear black.

black 2017-02-21 07:57:27 

In reply to Ayenmol

Sharia laws, are they not based on the interpretations of the Quran?

Are you telling me that the Bible does not have similar laws that would put its followers outside of the law?

If you were to follow the Bible literally, (every law or command) would that not put you outside of the law at some point?

So my question is, are you not picking and choosing what commands to follow?