The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Austtralia And Their Cricket Crisis...Ova n Ova

Raggs 2017-02-24 05:53:30 

since their long reign but they always bounce back, right back on top.We never ever return even to a serious decent competitive level since our demise from glory. I just hope Adams and co can get us up to a decent consistent top 5 test team. Cuz we ain't getting beyond that I think. We are just a region and not a country filled with national pride. That could be the root of the problem. A problem which might be unsolvable.

POINT 2017-02-24 12:50:13 

In reply to Raggs

The Root of our Problems is due to the fact that WE need to admit to ourselves that the Standard of Cricket in the Region is not only Piss Poor , it is also below what is required in International Cricket in the longer formats of the game .

Obviously the next step after admitting this fact , is to put in place plans to raise the Standard of
Cricket in the Region .

This must involve the WICBC & the Regional Boards making a concerted effort to make all Players fully competitive .

I am of the opinion , that the Windward Islands Cricket Board must
stop the blasted charade of having 4 innings played in two freaking days .
This utter Stupidity , is totally unhelpful to Windward Islands Cricketers .

There is absolutely no reason why the
Cricket Boards in Dominica ; St. Lucia ; St. Vincent & Grenada , cannot raise funds to ensure that the
Windward Islands Tournament can be held over 4 days , as it used to be when Touring Teams played against the
Windward Islands .

When I state that Windward Islands
Cricket has seriously regressed , I was & am not joking it is a stark freaking Fact .

There is no reason why
individually the Islands that consist of the Windward Islands each cannot raise $7,000.00 to make their Players
play 4 days Cricket in the Windward Islands Tournament .

Runs 2017-02-24 13:31:09 

In reply to POINT

Preach bro preach it might penetrate their hard heads one of these days lol

POINT 2017-02-24 13:46:02 

In reply to Runs

Thanks , I have been & will continue
to try . The ICC has recently stated
that it is going to reduce the Test Playing Countries to 10 & the Premier
50 over Countries to 13 .

My take is that they are putting Cameron & Co on notice to shape up ,
Time will tell Us if the Emperors in the Region are paying attention .

silver 2017-02-24 14:01:08 

In reply to Raggs

I doubt it not in this t20 ERA. Time for every country to do their own thing

matchstick 2017-02-24 14:14:18 

In reply to Raggs

I just hope Adams and co can get us up to a decent consistent top 5 test team.

It is not a man that will get the game back up... it is a system.

The incredible thing about what recently happened with Australia was in the home series against South Africa.

They replaced 5 players or so with young kids from their first class system and it had an immediate impact! That's what a good system does.

Dave and Wavell on the case... we'll do good if Jimmy & Law can work with the system! cool

Timpy 2017-02-24 16:10:17 

In reply to Raggs

The match no over yet inno boss.

VIX 2017-02-24 16:38:48 

In reply to Raggs

what you talking about? WI are champs in the only cricket that matters!

Raggs 2017-02-25 06:41:24 

In reply to POINT

West Indies have not the resources to do what you want them to do. We are aThird World Empire.
To compete and be a solid top 5 test side I think is the best result we can have it our lifetime now.
We were the top dogs back in the day when natural talent ruled the roost. Australia,India,England,South Africa have the set up and financial clout to see us off most times.Their pool of players are too deep to swim with stroke for stroke.
Modern sport is now professional sport big difference when we were the kingpins.

Raggs 2017-02-25 08:56:25 

In reply to matchstick

It is not a man that will get the game back up... it in a system.
but the man has to put the system is place. daz why jimmy is there.