The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Weakest ODI Team

Emir 2017-03-05 18:26:19 

Without Gayle, Simmons, Bravo, Russell, Bravo, Pollard, Narine, Samuels WI is the weakest ODI team and we will struggle to beat Afghanistan at the moment.

Fresh from our just cincluded regional tournament and playing in familiar pitches at home, we cannot beat a rather ordinary British team fresh from the cold.

And more, we did not even come close.

A captain who cannot earn is place based on merit an opener who is suited only for long form cricket, and a few part timers.

We do not deserve to go to the world Cup
Make no mistake , the players are not to be blamed, the cancer called the WICBC who have fired, frustrated and alienated players once they become stars is alone responsible.

Our young players are thrown in the deep without the guidance of the stars playong along them.

They fire home grown coaches, hire massa and other foreigners to futher ruin our game.

Courtesy 2017-03-05 18:39:43 

In reply to Emir

Aren't "we dancing now"?

or

"- di inversion of reality has been reversed.

Dat is all."

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-03-05 18:53:30 

How much year since HHG left de scene?

WestDem 2017-03-05 18:54:12 

In reply to Emir

At the very least, massa weren't suicidal and kill their own like those of your type! WI cricket will grow better without Trinis, they are too self centered and feel like they are always the victim!

methodic 2017-03-05 19:08:22 

In reply to Emir

It is a very weak team. The team lacks confidence, and killer instinct.

hawk 2017-03-05 19:14:16 

In reply to Emir

You are a postor i enjoy interacting with but this post has disappointed me

Without Gayle, Simmons, Bravo, Russell, Bravo, Pollard, Narine, Samuels WI is the weakest ODI team and we will struggle to beat Afghanistan at the moment.

all these guys were already there and we still got clobbered time and time again....is this not true

A captain who cannot earn is place based on merit an opener who is suited only for long form cricket, and a few part timers.

he did not ask for the captaincy, i am positive without this burden he would have developed beyond where he is now, but the captain does not win on his own, you have missed the purpose of that opener, his role is to hold one end while the quick scorers go.... they have not been going

[b]We do not deserve to go to the world Cup
Make no mistake , the players are not to be blamed, the cancer called the WICBC who have fired, frustrated and alienated players once they become stars is alone responsible[/b]

what about the players' responsibility... why do we ignore it all the time, it has to be give and take

They fire home grown coaches, hire massa and other foreigners to futher ruin our game.

irresponsible and insular

camos 2017-03-05 21:59:24 

In reply to hawk

he did not ask for the captaincy

no one can force him to take it! and like I said then his bowling would be ahead now if not for that burden.

Emir 2017-03-05 22:19:16 

In reply to hawk

So, you totally ignore my blame on the WICBC shoulders and why are you so upset by the mere mention of the stars?

What have they done? I guess Cameron and CO are saviors.

romanticking 2017-03-06 03:38:46 

WOUNDIES are always weak

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

granite 2017-03-06 05:24:32 

In reply to WestDemMan fcuk you!Trinis are most likely to be the victims,allyuh always talking bout dis one and dat one in Muddie,never a word about JMo,look at him at the moment,should have been a regular on our ODI team over the last 2 or 3 years.Fcuk off wid yuh shit,wot the rass wrang wid yuh telling de man bout dem killing their own,is Emir from Iraq,stick to cricket instead of politics.

rolleyes

granite 2017-03-06 05:26:43 

In reply to hawk
Those players pointed out won a WC for us and are way better than who we now have.

mikesiva 2017-03-06 06:03:23 

In reply to Emir

The reality is that the WICB is such a toxic brand that players don't feel the desire to play 50-overs and Test cricket for the West Indies. T20 cricket is their way to fame and fortune now.

They can play for their country in the CPL during the summer, and they can earn money in the leagues around the world at other times. That's the motivation now....

Emir 2017-03-06 07:16:07 

In reply to granite

In reply to WestDem stick to cricket instead of politics.

The best way to deal with that poster's hate is to ignore- most peeps in here ignore her completely. wink

Emir 2017-03-06 07:20:39 

In reply to mikesiva

The reality is that the WICB is such a toxic brand that players don't feel the desire to play 50-overs and Test cricket for the West Indies. T20 cricket is their way to fame and fortune now.

And the reality is it is a very vicious cycle- as these young players become mature and gain stardom, the WICBC will also have problems with them and those players will take the same action as the stars of today are doing.

So we will never have our best players representing WI, we will always be "rebuilding" while the regional boards and the WICBC will keep earning their fat salaries.

hawk 2017-03-06 09:16:42 

In reply to Emir

So, you totally ignore my blame on the WICBC shoulders and why are you so upset by the mere mention of the stars?

What have they done? I guess Cameron and CO are saviors.

those names mentioned have not performed consistently enough for the West Indies and is currently not part of the set up, wishing they were here is pointless to say the least. The flaws with the WICB is well known by all and sundry, added to that, all other boards have their flaws, but cricket still has to be played and we cannot continue to fault the board only, our players are under performing and they are the ones who have to lift their game regardless of the circumstances. case in point South Africa...faced with a mass exodus of players...are they not still performing???

hawk 2017-03-06 09:17:57 

In reply to granite

those players are no available to represent us many of them have indicated they are not interested in the longer formats....let us move on and stop wishing

hawk 2017-03-06 09:19:34 

In reply to camos

no one can force him to take it! and like I said then his bowling would be ahead now if not for that burden.

well someone have to accept it, which would mean some sacrifice, his development will be slower, but he is getting better albeit at snails pace

analyst-kid 2017-03-06 13:36:55 

Scoring over 200 consistently means that this team IS NOT the weakest ODI team.

They restricted Eng who was consistently scoring over 300 again showing that this team IS NOT the weakest ODI team.

But this team has the weakest CAPTAIN and the weakest ALLROUNDERS.

Carlos Brathwaite is avg 13.84 with the bat and 21 wkts @ 44.80.

It means he hardly takes wickets and h hardly finishes well.

Jason Holder avgs 23.22 with the bat and 68 wkts @ 32.61 with the ball.

It means he is an ok ODI bowler but hardly contributes in a winning cause with the bat.

Those allrounders are not finishers.

DIEHARD 2017-03-06 14:10:36 

In reply to analyst-kid

I can never understand the rubbish logic that says...we were losing with the Stars.

Ok..we were losing to better..more experienced teams.

Gayle &Co. With experience and the benefit of having played all over the globe..all year would no doubt have us ranked at least 5.

I promise u this..we would not be behind Bangladesh.

hawk 2017-03-06 15:39:14 

In reply to DIEHARD

I promise u this..we would not be behind Bangladesh.

I don't buy that...not for all the tea in China.

imusic 2017-03-06 15:49:53 

In reply to hawk

Unsurprising that you wouldn't.

natty_forever 2017-03-06 16:25:30 

In reply to Courtesy

How much year since HHG left de scene?
... and is like they never left ... gwaan DD.

DIEHARD 2017-03-06 16:28:00 

In reply to natty_forever

lol lol lol

DD battery- he forking battery WI cricket wid him boyslol

natty_forever 2017-03-06 16:28:53 

In reply to DIEHARD... PG13 please.

big grin

Emir 2017-03-06 18:14:44 

In reply to hawk

I don't think you will ever get it and I say so with all due respect.

I have nothing else to say to you

Atl_View 2017-03-06 18:22:39 

In reply to Emir

Good point Sir. Let us also check on the availability of Greenidge, Haynes, Richards et al.
We may be able to start winning again just looking backwards big grin big grin

DIEHARD 2017-03-06 20:44:48 

In reply to Atl_View

Are the players you listed currently making significant contributions to cricketing teams elsewhere in the world with bat and or ball? evil

Emir 2017-03-06 21:05:15 

In reply to DIEHARD

lol

hawk 2017-03-07 15:46:41 

In reply to imusic and Emir

our ranking has not been above #8 in ODIs for over a decade, during that decade all those players were present and accounted for, I am not convince they would beat this current Bangladesh side

mikesiva 2017-03-09 13:12:21 

In reply to hawk

Crucially that team was never stuck in ninth place as this team is.

SirGarny 2017-03-09 13:19:32 

In reply to Emir

Make no mistake , the players are not to be blamed

I must disagree...outside elements play their part but who the hell are playing these rash strokes? THE PLAYERS

the cancer called the WICBC who have fired, frustrated and alienated players once they become stars is alone responsible.

The "alienated" players are millionaires. In truth, they don't give a damn about Windies cricket. They are never "available" to play when there's T20 dollars to be earned elsewhere.

TheTrail 2017-03-09 13:21:37 

In reply to Emir

Keep looking back like Lot... lol

SirGarny 2017-03-09 13:25:09 

In reply to TheTrail

Keep looking back like Lot

You mean Mrs. Lot... wink