The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Not nitro's relative, I hope.

Drapsey 2017-03-06 06:51:45 

HOUSTON, Texas - A Jamaican woman was whisked back on a flight to Jamaica and her visa revoked after she arrived at the Hobby Airport in Houston, Texas on Wednesday night.

The woman's family members sought answers from US media outlet KHOU 11 News, who aired their story.

Veronica Gaubault, who was sent back to Jamaica, told the Houston media that US Customs and Border Protection revoked her visa after customs agents inspected her iPhone, iPad and other belongings.

Story...

My apologies if this story has already been posted.

Star 2017-03-06 10:07:04 

In reply to Drapsey
I tried explaining to posters here that a US visa or Green Card does not guarantee entry into the USA.

Only US citizens are guaranteed entry into the USA.

black 2017-03-06 10:27:15 

In reply to Star

I tried explaining to posters here that a US visa or Green Card does not guarantee entry into the USA.

Only US citizens are guaranteed entry into the USA.

I think you are getting the issues confused. I already acknowledge that the US has to right to refuse entry to non-citizens, what is problematic, is the way in which the first executive order was written.

Yes, the US can deny entry but the justification has to "pass court muster". Whatever was in that phone, was/is the justification they were looking for.

I think I proved you wrong in the last debate.

bravos 2017-03-06 11:42:33 

Rel bullshit dat!! F@cking clowns!

black 2017-03-06 11:56:07 

In reply to bravos

I am willing to bet, the first place they checked, was Facebook.

Star 2017-03-06 13:27:51 

In reply to black

I think I proved you wrong in the last debate.

I think you are delusional and you do not understand the power of an immigration officer.

You are the one getting the issues confused.

Below is a quote from a United States immigration officer.
"The power to deny entry lies with just about every immigration official in every country, it is not unique to the USA. Even with proper visas, the immigration official has the final say to allow or to deny your entry".

If you think you know more than the people who do the job everyday, then you are the brightest person in the whole wide world.

No one is saying that this is what they do across the board, the argument is they have the power to deny anyone other than a US citizen entry into the United States.

black 2017-03-06 14:06:24 

In reply to Star

I think you are delusional and you do not understand the power of an immigration officer.

You are the one getting the issues confused.

Below is a quote from a United States immigration officer.
"The power to deny entry lies with just about every immigration official in every country, it is not unique to the USA. Even with proper visas, the immigration official has the final say to allow or to deny your entry

Do you know how the process works?

How come DOJ refused to enforce the last order?

Why did Immigration officers had to "cease and desist" on the last executive order?

Star 2017-03-06 14:19:50 

In reply to black

Do you know how the process works?

Yes I do.

How come DOJ refused to enforce the last order?

Why did Immigration officers had to "cease and desist" on the last executive order?

Is it really that hard for you to understand?

Forget the Trump nonsense. That is not what the question is about.

The question is whether an immigration officer can deny anyone who is not a citizen entry into the country. That's it.

All the other sidebars about "a process" bla, bla is irrelevant to the question.

black 2017-03-06 14:36:17 

In reply to Star

Dude, we went over this a thousand times.

The immigration officer is just a little "pee on".

The Justice Department enforces the law of this Country.

Star 2017-03-06 14:49:14 

In reply to black
You brain is unable to comprehend the subject matter.

Do you think if my uncle is an immigration officer and was an immigration officer for 14 years he would know what his power is?

black 2017-03-06 15:08:55 

In reply to Star

Do you think if my uncle is an immigration officer and was an immigration officer for 14 years he would know what his power is?

Dude, they just react, they do what they are told to do, that's it.

I am not denying that your uncle have/had a lot of power, whatever he did, was approved by someone at the top.

nick2020 2017-03-06 16:37:55 

In reply to Star

I can only ask you something hypothetical:

Does it seem reasonable to you that the system would be designed in such a way that ultimately the power lies in the hands of varied officials?

I am sure they are guided by protocol. Else it would be chaos.

Chrissy 2017-03-06 16:54:16 

In reply to Drapsey

Heard about this on the weekend. Hope it's his peeps

black 2017-03-06 18:10:58 

In reply to nick2020

The guy cannot understand simple logic. Trump had to rewrite his Executive Order because the first one did not pass muster. The President is not a Dictator.

Star 2017-03-06 19:04:24 

In reply to nick2020

Does it seem reasonable to you that the system would be designed in such a way that ultimately the power lies in the hands of varied officials?

No one cares if it is reasonable to you or to me. I do not deal in matters from an emotional point of view or whether I think it is right or wrong.

The power of an immigration officer is such, that he or she can deny entry to any person entering the country who is not a citizen.

I am sure they are guided by protocol. Else it would be chaos.

Of course there are protocols in place but the immigration officer is still given the discretion to decide if he or she will let you in or deny you entry.

Star 2017-03-06 19:12:50 

In reply to black

The guy cannot understand simple logic. Trump had to rewrite his Executive Order because the first one did not pass muster. The President is not a Dictator.

You are a total lost. Why are you referencing Trump in this discussion? This is nothing to do with Trump.

Forget about Trump and his nonsense.

Go back in time, let's say 20 years and ask the same question and you will get the same answer.

An immigration official can deny entry to anyone who is not a citizen of the country.

Does not matter where. It could be Barbados, Jamaica, Canada, the UK etc;.

black 2017-03-06 19:32:33 

In reply to Star

An immigration official can deny entry to anyone who is not a citizen of the country.

Does not matter where. It could be Barbados, Jamaica, Canada, the UK etc;.

I don't deny that, but I would hope that they are not denied, just for the hell of it. They would have to meet some sort of criteria to be denied or admitted.

black 2017-03-06 20:08:33 

In reply to Star

The new Executive Order does not ban green card and visa holders, sounds like a victory to me.

Star 2017-03-06 20:10:43 

In reply to black
This may help you understand especially the part in bold.

In a statement, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) said it does not discuss individual cases, but that those who present themselves at ports of entry must prove they fulfill admission requirements, and that admission to the U.S. is at the discretion of the border officers.

Source: CBC News Montreal, Canada.

black 2017-03-06 20:56:11 

In reply to Star

It's clear to me that you don't understand the process, people that enter this Country that are not green card holders cannot claim any right to enter this Country, that I agree with. However, green card holders do have rights, albeit, limited rights, the Courts have proven this.

When Trump's Executive Order got blocked, it was because he did not follow proper protocols. His orders should have been submitted to the justice department for review, instead of trying to force it down their throats. The Justice Department decides which laws are enforceable in this Country. If they decide it's not enforceable, they will not defend it in Court and that is exactly what they did.

Star 2017-03-07 09:33:33 

In reply to black
I will declare this right here and now. You are intellectually poor. A complete lightweight.

Why are you mixing up Trump's executive order and Trump's foolishness with something that is completely different to what this discussion is about. What is it that you do not or cannot understand?

This is a law that was in place before Trump became President, before you were born, before I was born. Why is it so hard for you to grasp such a simplistic issue.

The issue is that

any immigration official can deny entry to anyone who is not a citizen

Even a grade three elementary child can understand that simple sentence.

Whatever you want to add after that is immaterial to the fact, which is, they can deny entry to anyone who is not a citizen of the country.

Whether they have rights, whether they have a green card, a visa bla, bla, bla or whether they hire a lawyer to represent them after the immigration officer deny entry is not the focal point of the discussion.

I have to pull the plug right here. You are not ready rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

black 2017-03-07 09:51:03 

In reply to Star

Dude, move on with your nonsense.

Is Trump executive order not part of how the Government operates?

What you are saying is absolute nonsense, you are putting the cart before the horse. Like Nick said, it's a prescription for chaos.

nitro 2017-03-07 20:55:40 

In reply to Drapsey

Not my relative bro.

Why was she turned back you think?

I hope she was not suspected of being in the lottery scam or up to any wrong doing.

JahJah 2017-03-08 04:46:58 

In reply to Drapsey

Wait til dem rinse nitro. Different sanky gon' sing.

Emir 2017-03-08 07:15:59 

In Reply Black & Star

Black, you have it confused. Star is correct.

While it is true a border agent has the final say on who come into the country despite the issuance of any type of visa, the current tactic of checking a visitors telephone to read their social media posting and other sites visited a new and disturbing development.

black 2017-03-10 11:32:50 

In reply to Emir

Dude, I never disputed the assertion that they have the final say, I am saying, it's within the parameters laid down by lawmakers.

Just like cops, they have broad parameters but it has to be within the laws.

If immigration officers are rejecting non-residents, it's because they have no right to be here and it's within their parameters to do so. Rejecting resident aliens, unless directed by the President or Congress, could be problematic.

If a resident alien is in violation of the law, then it's a different matter.