The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Regarding Kraigg

cricketmygame 2017-03-06 16:51:05 

Most of us feel he shouldnt be in the ODI team

however the two other guys who should overtake him (Lewis and Powell) not making their case well

natty_forever 2017-03-06 17:21:35 

Lets get a count.

I say he play.

matchstick 2017-03-06 17:34:14 

In reply to cricketmygame

Kraigg will end up with a better ODI career than many of his peers.

imusic 2017-03-06 17:35:46 

In reply to matchstick

Bound to happen with this group of selectors

rubberd 2017-03-06 17:37:30 

Alistair Cook had a fair record playing for England but he was axed on the basis that his game did not suit the one day format and the transformation of the England side was immediate. It all was about changing the approach to one day cricket, horses for courses, Braff's game is unsuited to the shorter format at this time.

GMA 2017-03-06 17:42:51 

Two fair points. But I feel that the guy has it in him
to improve. Needs to rotate strike more.
One thing I noticed about him is him arms
are really skinny. Surely the guy needs to
beef up a little.

jen 2017-03-06 17:50:25 

In reply to matchstick

while that can't be disputed, currently his strike rate means he doesn't deserve to be there. Steve Smith at one time made Australia team as a bowler and failed. He went away and now is one of the world best batsman. Kraigg isn't ready for one day cricket now.

ray 2017-03-06 17:54:02 

In reply to matchstick

what do you consider a good odi career?

WestDem 2017-03-06 18:55:00 

In reply to jen

Fughet Australia, who in WI can be compared to their batsmen? KB is competing against West Indian..who de fcuk you think should replace him?

rillo 2017-03-06 22:09:39 

They have to push the scoring because with him it is really watching paint dry.

che 2017-03-06 22:41:30 

In reply to WestDem

Dotties jen, postiveg,vor counter-revos trigger happy to unselect Bimmers ...hell freeze ovah fuss...wunna gwine tyad see KB face!!!

lol lol lol

imusic 2017-03-06 23:20:16 

In reply to WestDem

Anybody. Even sarwan today cool

natty_forever 2017-03-07 09:17:27 

In reply to rillo... they push themselves to get out. No fault of KB they dunce.

camos 2017-03-07 09:33:11 

In reply to matchstick

Kraigg will end up with a better ODI career than many of his peers.

but at what cost to the team?

Elsie 2017-03-07 10:37:12 

With the little that I know about Cricket……; I would say Kraigg’s style is not suited to One Day Cricket… especially as an opening batsman.

He has problems scoring off the faster bowlers…..

He does not get in line with the ball that is pitched on or just outside the Off Stump. He just stands up and jabs at the ball with an angled bat. That is not a scoring shot. Each time he does that it results in a Dot Ball.

He should watch videos of Kohli and Viv to learn how to back drive to the quick stuff and pierce the field. Young Powell (Rovman) does that very well. Even though he may be green in other areas.

It irks me to watch Kraigg jab at those deliveries, and to see the ball just trickle to the nearest offside fielder. Kraigg waits for what he considers a bad ball; rather than make opportunities for himself.

I say drop him down the order or drop him from ODI altogether…

imusic 2017-03-07 10:59:55 

In reply to Elsie

You want to send openning to an early grave or what? cool

matchstick 2017-03-07 11:11:11 

In reply to jen

while that can't be disputed, currently his strike rate means he doesn't deserve to be there.

Anytime you have a team which cannot bat 50 overs consistently the last thing you should look at is people's strike rate!

matchstick 2017-03-07 11:11:36 

In reply to camos

but at what cost to the team?

Batting 50 overs consistently... very costly!

matchstick 2017-03-07 11:13:32 

In reply to ray

what do you consider a good odi career?

easy question.... as good as or better than his peers (in the WI)!

Chris Gayle had a great ODI career as an opener based on his peers. So did Sarwan in his position.

matchstick 2017-03-07 11:14:11 

In reply to imusic

Bound to happen with this group of selectors

Correct! One of the best moves this group of selectors did was to bring him into the ODI fold.

Elsie 2017-03-07 11:17:47 

In reply to imusic

Bro...everything I said is true... Its not about Nation or Homeboy... Its all about how to gather runs... I hope Law and Jimmy can iron him out...But then again...the person must want to improve himself.....

wink wink

cricketmygame 2017-03-07 11:26:43 

no one as asking the other batsmen to out themselves at the next end

I am not a fan of Kraigg the first choice ODI player but you cannot drop a man who scores more than the rest

openning 2017-03-07 11:41:03 

In reply to imusic

Bro, I would be the first to say this format needs a SR of 75 or more and Kraigg SR is below par
As a fan of the young man, he would have to think on how to improve his rate at bat, if he want to play ODI.
I have no problem with replacing him, so he can work on reducing dot balls and increasing his SR

Elsie 2017-03-07 11:41:36 

Can you consider for once.... the amount of pressure Braff puts on his partners to score, while he eats up all the dot balls when he is on strike....!

The other batters are put under pressure to push the score and as such they take risks...

I would not slot Kraigg to come in during the first 10 Overs. We need people who are willing to pierce the inner field when there are only two men beyond the 30 Yard ring. ODI cricket is serious business. A lot of thought has to be put in to it..

NYCGURU 2017-03-07 12:14:15 

In reply to Elsie

There is a huge difference between willing and able. You make it sound as if we have a bunch of Brian Laras sitting on the sideline not being utilized. Has it ever dawned on you that this crop is simply playing at the level they are capable of. Lewis is one of our more destructive players, and he is struggling at this level, against local bowling he races away at a break neck pace. We can continue to play the blame game and kill the selectors as that is the easy thing to do. The fact of the matter is that our talent is not up to International standards.

Elsie 2017-03-07 12:44:47 

In reply to NYCGURU

I agree with you that we are short on talent.

That is even more reason to select players and rearrange the batting order to maximize their limited talent. The Brits have done that for years...

My problem with Kraigg is that he has his limitations also. But we somehow feel that he should open the batting; when the opportunity to score (with regard to the fielding restrictions) is at its easiest.

Kraigg is not a collector of runs and as such he should not be in the middle during the first 10 overs.

Put someone with the right temperament to collect one's and two's using and get up to 5 runs an over during that period. We have to use the game conditions to our benefit.

Tell me why you think Kraigg is more suited to opening in the ODI's rather than another low talent batsman on the Roster.

camos 2017-03-07 12:53:13 

In reply to matchstick

Batting 50 overs consistently... very costly

If you make enough runs it does not matter how long you bat!

NYCGURU 2017-03-07 13:31:20 

In reply to Elsie

At no point in my retort did i mention Kraigg. Even some of his bigger supporters have agreed that he is far from the ideal opener for this format. However, Lewis who is very destructive and Powell have not been able to bat for 10 overs so far.This notion that the other Powell is some sort of a cure for what ails us, is pretty commical and reeks of the lament of a region clutching at straws. He is in the mix and has earned the right to an opportunity.If he is able to step up in class is left to be seen.

imusic 2017-03-07 14:59:47 

In reply to openning

As a fan of the young man, he would have to think on how to improve his rate at bat, if he want to play ODI.
I have no problem with replacing him, so he can work on reducing dot balls and increasing his SR

Bro....your boy is....has always been...and will always be one dimensional. Just as a snail will always be a snail....hype is who he is. Nuh try to dress him up to be what he isn't

TanteMerle 2017-03-07 16:28:20 

In reply to imusic

I believe that he can change.

But we forcing riping him.

This may do damage.

natty_forever 2017-03-07 16:35:13 

In reply to NYCGURU... so what we waiting on?

matchstick 2017-03-08 04:37:02 

In reply to camos

If you make enough runs it does not matter how long you bat

Fcakry! And u know it I don't have to even try prove u wrong.

cricketmygame 2017-03-09 13:04:15 

both a them fail again

cricketmygame 2017-03-09 13:06:30 

Kraigg gone for 5 now

TanteMerle 2017-03-09 13:33:12 

I hope Braffit test game aint damage from the shite.

Please drop him from the next squad.