The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Give up on privacy or fight back?

black 2017-03-08 09:47:59 

Right now, it looks like the only time I might have some privacy, is while taking a s**t, assuming no one would be interested in me taking one. With new information on CIA spying techniques being revealed, that might be in doubt.

SnoopDog 2017-03-08 09:49:35 

In reply to black

Do like Comrade Commie Bro and put on your tin foil hat and head for Russia. No one spies on you there. lol

black 2017-03-08 09:59:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

No one spies on you there.

You are more likely to be given a lethal dose of radiation. lol

SnoopDog 2017-03-08 10:14:02 

In reply to black

Nonsense Bro. Russia is a happy place. All they want is the freedom to enjoy caviar and drink vodka. They have no interests in foreign wars, international espionage, or meddling in foreign elections. lol

black 2017-03-08 10:26:28 

In reply to SnoopDog

Nonsense Bro. Russia is a happy place. All they want is the freedom to enjoy caviar and drink vodka. They have no interests in foreign wars, international espionage, or meddling in foreign elections.

Yeah, and Trump's campaign never talked to them. lol

SnoopDog 2017-03-08 10:40:57 

In reply to black

Yeah, and Trump's campaign never talked to them.

Those discussions had absolutely nothing to do with election rigging or hacking. PussyGrabber-in-Chief was merely discussing how on earth he was ever going to pay back the $560 billion he owes to the Kremlin. lol

johndom90 2017-03-08 11:40:06 

In reply to black

A few voices have been preaching about just this for the longest while, and usually with stern criticism.

Its ironic what the land of the free..brave..democracy has come to. Its mass surveilkance old Soviet Union kgb, East german stye 2.0. 2017.

But......we are free as many proudly boast.

Drapsey 2017-03-08 12:04:11 

In reply to johndom90

Its ironic what the land of the free..brave..democracy has come to. Its mass surveilkance old Soviet Union kgb, East german stye 2.0. 2017.

To the victors go the spoils (I heard that before somewhere).

We (USA) emerged from the Cold War as victors, so it's prudent that we adopt (or adapt) some of the practices that worked well for the vanquished, the Soviets.

I predicted it would happen (not all the details, mind you). Yes, I can recall such a discussion with my friend while we sat on my front step (on Long Island) drinking cold ones.

black 2017-03-08 12:37:52 

In reply to Drapsey

Blame 9/11? People were willing to trade privacy for security.

black 2017-03-08 14:01:11 

In reply to Drapsey

I caution people on here about passing laws to punish fake news writers. Once freedoms and privacies are taken away, it's hard to get them back.