The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

My heart no longer aches

johnjo 2017-03-09 16:22:09 

Yes folks there's was a time i could not stomach a defeat of my beautiful team. Cricket was all I breathed.
Amazing how things change. I never watch more than an over or 2 anymore. I would love to hear news of West indies winning a match but thats impossible. I feel nothing when this team loses. I even laugh at the scoreline now.

Then I start wondering what it would take to make me love west indies cricket again.
Is it definitely gone for good?

Courtesy 2017-03-09 16:23:44 

In reply to johnjo

Long time comrade. Your heart no longer bleeds...

natty_forever 2017-03-09 16:24:02 

In reply to johnjo... lucky you.

Drapsey 2017-03-09 16:42:46 

In reply to johnjo

Yes folks there's was a time i could not stomach a defeated of my beautiful team. Cricket was all I breathed.
Amazing how things change. I never watch more than an over or 2 anymore. I would love to hear news of West indies winning a match but thats impossible. I feel nothing when this team loses. I even laugh at the scoreline now.

Come on Dr Junjo, bad grammar is not acceptable from someone of your stature. The other (would be) Dr on the thread would never approve.

TheTrail 2017-03-09 16:54:42 

In reply to Courtesy

In reply to johnjo

Long time comrade. Your heart no longer bleeds...

lol lol lol

Yuh know what comes to mind when these guys show up...that scam with JG Henry and de one from de bread man and others...

Who is going to put up the seed money this time? lol lol lol

black 2017-03-09 17:08:43 

In reply to johnjo

Listen to this

DIEHARD 2017-03-09 17:17:05 

In reply to johnjo

True..i can relate..i am actually laughing more these days and expressing faux rage, but its just no longer actual hurt

don1 2017-03-09 18:17:42 

In reply to johnjo

Yes folks there's was a time i could not stomach a defeated of my beautiful team. Cricket was all I breathed.

Then I start wondering what it would take to make me love west indies cricket again.
Is it definitely gone for good?

This is exactly the way I feel. I follow West Indies Cricket only by the headlines in the news. No longer watch a match anymore.

It's a shame what was done by the WICB to destroy cricket in recent years and alienate many players. There is no more passion and this generation will NOT follow cricket. We missed the boat on being inclusive and a generation of cricketers is lost. Trying to reboot the team every few months with new players, coaches, etc. has failed.

I predict that cricket in the region will eventually be dead. International Test matches and ODIs are no longer carried on TV or radio in Jamaica. There is no interest in it. Fans cannot even identify with these players even if they are losing because all iconic players are gone.

It is sad, but the days of watching a cricket match all day for me is long gone.

shivnotout 2017-03-09 23:21:54 

In reply to johnjo

what is your doctor phone number lol

Pacy 2017-03-10 00:45:06 

In reply to johnjo

I started feeling so since the Sammy days. From the time WI decided to not put the best eleven on the field the downward spiral was hastened and te fans were alienated.

mikesiva 2017-03-10 05:10:02 

In reply to johnjo

I used to feel like you...then, God created the CPL.
big grin
My enthusiasm has just switched from the West Indies to Jamaica....

Of course, I'm a West Indian again when the World T20 champs come around. Which reminds me...the West Indies play four T20s against Pakistan from March 26-April 2. Now, that's a side I'm interested in!

I just can't be arsed to get worked up over the 50-overs and Test side any more....

The only Test side I get excited about nowadays is South Africa. Even Sri Lanka are following the West Indies route!
lol