The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Bravos: Why I try to stay away from the news

Andy99 2017-03-09 20:26:38 

at times.
Carnival come an gone, everybody forget the Rachels, Shannons, Rias, etc.

the teen’s relatives revealed to Newsday, that Rachael secured three passes with distinctions as CSEC results were released by the Caribbean Examination Council (CXC). Last May, Rachael who was a student of Northern Eastern College in Sangre Grande, sat her Math and English A exams, for which she obtained Grades I with distinctions.

On January 10, the Form Four student sat her Principles of Business (POB) and Social Studies exams, for which she obtained Grade I (with distinction) and Grade II respectively.

But saw this story and it feels like just yesterday it happened.
Nothing will come out of this as usual.

sgtdjones 2017-03-09 21:02:19 

andy

We have lost a generation of young men and women and clueless to why this happens.

I feel sad reading the daily newspapers online and no answer or solution comes to mind.

Our twin islands, once a paradise is no longer

I lost an uncle and his family owing to this situation in Trinidad and Tobago.

My heart is sad when I read about these beautiful women, we shall never see their potential
owing to such tragedies.

For such families, we cannot get closure until someone is brought to justice.

Then again to speak of justice requires another thread.

I am not a man of God, nor cannot give you a proper response to this dilemma

I can only hope
sad sad

ah gats to go.just gats to nail courtesy arse in the rum shop.

bravos 2017-03-09 21:22:50 

In reply to Andy99

Heart wrenching,but why would you address this exclusively to my attention ? Have I been anointed exclusive custodian of all things T&T here? You and I don't really engage here on mutual or cordial terms,we have no shout out relationship but ok. confused

RIP to her and I hope her family can get some peace..

These sorts of unfortunate and utterly disgusting occurrences aren't limited to T&T though..and would it have been easier for you to swallow or look at the news if she was gunned down with a few other fellow bright students at school with maybe a couple teachers too?

I've also seen cases in developed countries where decent first world women would help lure such school age girls for their male counterparts over and over,I've seen bright British school boys lure and kill smaller kids in the most wicked of ways.

By all means this is very unfortunate indeed but I'm not going to forsake a whole country or live a life of pessimism skepticism or ridicule because of some dark times and actions by a minority.

Closing the paper and turning your back is a symptom of a sorta twisted entitlement also,if you believe T&T isn't worthy of you then the coldness isn't exclusive to those who thrust harm upon us only,I'm far from sick of T&T as you are and with my charges stand ready and counted as good citizens of T&T and count each and everyday as a day of service to the betterment of T&T even in plans and thoughts.

I would look at someone known to her,sick fcuk.

And be sure to shout me out if there's any good news coming out of T&T too ok.

Later Andy...and 'Yeah Yeah' 'Boop Boop' back to ya! wink

Emir 2017-03-10 07:15:30 

The problem in Trinidad is the people: They get the government they deserve- the UNC/ULF and the PNM will continue to disrespect the country.

1. Trinidadians do not hold their "leaders " accountable
2. Do not fight for a cause
3. Lack of grassroots civic institutions to promote, demand and monitor good governance

An example is Poster Andy99, only sees the bad when the UNC is not in power, but forgets the bad when they are in power

Example 2, Poster Problemjay- For him all is doom and gloom when PNM is in opposition, he is maximum leader PNM pony.

Curtis 2017-03-10 07:48:19 

there is a severely lacking investigative process or one that works well - crime is too easily accepted now

bravos 2017-03-10 20:48:55 

This beautiful wpc is missing,police in pursuit of relative

Most of these cowardly acts are perpetrated by pathetic insecure disgruntled love interests,hope she's found alive.

I really hope we don't lose her to some selfish idiot too..

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-11 06:13:45 

In reply to sgtdjones

Sarge limestoneboys feel your pain

Andy99 2017-03-11 18:59:34 

In reply to sgtdjones

Sad time bro.

Andy99 2017-03-11 19:10:38 

In reply to bravos

Just posted, called you because you are the one who has been defending to the bone.

Why is it so easy to kill and get away with it?

Why are the law enforcement so useless? Business got robbed recently within plain view of a police station, a 1 min walk.

Why aren't there any fear of being caught?

I will say this tho TNT is my country and I ain't leaving. Only have 1 home and this is it.
I know it seems like I'm always on the negative but thats because I posts about 2 things on here, sports and crime. Thats it, you barely see me in any other topic.

There's lots of great in TNT but I do feel and many of the normal folks here will agree with me that crime is getting out of control. No I was wrong on that last part, it is out of control. For a country of 1.4M for there to be so much robberies, killing, rapes, etc. everyday is unacceptable.

Andy99 2017-03-11 19:14:14 

In reply to Emir

An example is Poster Andy99, only sees the bad when the UNC is not in power, but forgets the bad when they are in power

Yeah we all know Andy is a big talker and supporter of politics.

And Andy absolutely hates what the PNM and Faris is doing WRT the marriage bill.

Andy99 2017-03-11 19:15:00 

In reply to Curtis

That is it bro.

Andy99 2017-03-11 19:18:34 

In reply to bravos

Oh damn so young. Didn't follow any real news lately but heard a cop was killed and buried but just reading that it was fault. And now seeing the girl.
Young 22yr old mother proving for her child, hope she is found safely.