The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Public running out of patience - Holder

shivnotout 2017-03-09 23:26:08 

Jason Holder has appealed for patience from West Indies supporters as his inexperienced side try to come to grips with one-day cricket. lol

public

shivnotout 2017-03-09 23:26:58 

"Obviously, the patience is running out with the public," Holder admitted. "But we're still human beings. We're very young on the international circuit.

"You've got to bear with them a bit, but it's important we learn as quickly as possible." lol

openning 2017-03-09 23:35:52 

In reply to shivnotout
Don't blame Holder, DD was reelected by winning 3-WC's, from the experience of the seniors playing in leagues around the world, an U-19 team that was focus, yet only one of them is playing for his regional team and the Ladies.
I can assure DD and the entire WICB, that 99.999% of these youngsters will go where the money is, so he must find a way forward to work with them.

Pacy 2017-03-10 00:42:07 

In reply to openning

Exactly. When the Dave and hinds were reelected unopposed it suggests that the cricketing fraternity across the Caribbean is happy with what is happening. If they are all doing good so is Holder and it is completely inappropriate to place the blame on the foot soldiers.

These kinds will only be able to do this and wi are in a stage where they do not even have replacements who are better than these. Only possibility is for these guys to learn as soon as possible

Norm 2017-03-10 01:45:13 

In reply to Pacy
When Dave and Wavell were re-elected unopposed, maybe no one cared enough anymore to oppose them?
Isn't that consistent with the crowd "support" we saw for the WI team in the recently concluded ODI series?

Ridge 2017-03-10 02:14:14 

Wasn't these were the same guys that scored tons after tons the
other day in our regionals.
Now they cannot buy a run in Internationals. It just shows that
our competition is just "Dung Heap".
Afghastian, Ireland, Scotland, The Netherlands, Namibia, even Honk Kong
will cut our rass easily twisted twisted

mikesiva 2017-03-10 03:22:04 

In reply to shivnotout

The public don't care anymore. How many locals turned up to watch them play?

They will turn up for the CPL though.

shivnotout 2017-03-10 06:50:12 

In reply to mikesiva

ah see alot of them on top of trees.watching lol

buds 2017-03-10 06:55:50 

In reply to shivnotout

Everyone needs to eat a food.
The best you should be on this team is third sealer..

shivnotout 2017-03-10 07:45:09 

In reply to buds

lol

Cornfused 2017-03-10 08:03:59 

Exactly buds in this series no way Holder should be getting the new ball. Third seamer is his role not 1st nor 2nd.

analyst-kid 2017-03-10 09:37:15 

I keep telling you all guys that the WI problems re performance is mental.

Watch them beat up on Bang,Zim, Afghan and the others....the WI batsmen have no fear of them.

Courtesy 2017-03-10 09:38:34 

In reply to analyst-kid

Yes it's only mental...we have the requisite skills set alright.

Jokers.

analyst-kid 2017-03-10 09:49:19 

In reply to Courtesy

New Zealand is proof of a team for years (well not now) with no greater talent than WI but greater mental application and toughness.

I have analysed the stats for years...watch these same players like Powell and Lewis beat up on Bang and Zim.....Tino Best used to excel against Bang...Brathwaite and Kirk Edwards have high test averages against them.

Our A team just thrashed Sri Lanka A in Sri Lanka in two formats...what does that tell you?

I personally feel the territorial squads would put up a greater fight than the regional WI most times nowadays.

Courtesy 2017-03-10 09:53:58 

In reply to analyst-kid

...with no greater talent than WI but greater mental application and toughness.

This deserves a hearty laugh.

lol lol lol

Give me our current comparable players to:

Williamson
Bolt
Southie
Taylor
Guptil
Watling
Wagner
Patel
Santner

Ah waiting.

Our A team just thrashed Sri Lanka A in Sri Lanka in two formats...what does that tell you?

Answer: Three things:

(i) Read about the Peter's principle.
(ii) Our current structure does not equip or harness the early potential of our young players to move higher.
(iii) Have a great day. I might be wasting my time with mediocrity.