The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Cornwall must be reprimanded by Management!

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 11:31:18 

For that reckless shot played late last night with two overs to go. I personally would take away the vice-captaincy from Cornwall and give it to Hammie as he needs to show more responsibility.

On a side note:

Bonner and Campbell need to be more aware of the situation as they just needed one run to get past the follow-on target but failed to get it done. That would have meant Barbados batting again and buying us some time in this match and maybe Powell would have been able to bat.

Yadi 2017-03-13 11:48:46 

In reply to voiceofreason

Hamilton out.

granite 2017-03-13 11:52:00 

When you see things like that you wonder,have they got any tactical awareness or do they suffer "brain freeze",I understand how you feel.
The F/O could have been avoided. cool

natty_forever 2017-03-13 11:52:32 

... instead, we facing an innings defeat.
twisted

doosra 2017-03-13 11:54:37 

look the guy must be very frustrated

all the performance yet he cannot get a pick

cut him some slack

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-13 13:48:07 

In reply to doosra

You mussee the king of hexcuses

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 14:01:49 

In reply to doosra

He is the Vice Captain of this team and hence a responsible innings was expected of him. A big waft outside off stump with 2 balls left in the day and your team in a precarious position is not being responsible. If he wants to be selected he must break down the door with consistent scores and wickets. Every game he should play with that hunger because as a Leewards player chances are limited.

VIX 2017-03-13 14:14:15 

Braking:
Kitchen management reprimands Cornwall

Mustwin 2017-03-13 14:29:40 

In reply to voiceofreason I understand your frustration. Maybe we need to understand his frustration. He made a mistake and I expect that he will do better going forward.

Fivestar 2017-03-13 15:05:03 

The Leewards seem to have issues within their camp. They are not playing like a cohesive unit.

The batting in this match was extremely poor as very few batsmen could play good length balls.

Also, the catching and ground fielding were atrocious.

Even the bowling at times was lackluster, feeding up full tosses and long hops to tailenders.

The Leewards are already one of the weaker teams in the tournament so it is imperative they play good cricket in order to at least be competitive.

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 15:31:27 

In reply to Fivestar

The Captain was missing for both batting innings so that did not help. He is arguably our best batsman if not our most accomplished bat. This is their first game back from the Super 50 and break so I will cut them some slack. It was a very good testing pacy and bouncy track which is unusual to find in the Caribbean and the Bajan Bowlers Roach, Cummins and Searles exploited it well. Roach seems to be bowling quicker in the 2nd innings than he did in the Super 50.

Team selection was poor as what was needed was an extra seamer in Louis. Also their situational awareness was lacking how could you miss a f/o by 1 run? Yet the slow bowling was really lethargic and should have been containing on this track. Hard to make an examination of the ground fielding with one camera, but Cornwall missed a catch in the slips that he should have taken.

Hopefully Kieran will be back next match but we are really struggling after a decent start to the season. Need to get back on track! Good to see young Carty in the mix...Please keep him at 5. Otto had a rough debut double duck darn.

doosra 2017-03-13 16:00:20 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

You mussee the king of hexcuses

u mean like the kings who reminded us how long we din beat hinglan/.?

Judgement 2017-03-13 17:27:27 

In reply to Mustwin

Cornwall's frustration should not amount in 2 drop catches and playing badly when his team needed him to step up as Vice Captain. Not to mention, he managed all that in front of Courtney Browne, Jimmy Adams and Stuart Law who were there watching the boys. Nerves perhaps but Cornwall does drop the most catches for Leewards so it is not an isolated incident and a poor display as Vice Captain.

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 17:34:02 

In reply to Mustwin

What is his frustration?

doosra 2017-03-13 17:58:08 

u are not acknowledging the psychological effect this thing could have on him

this a guy, who from the outside, appears to have other struggles in his life

come on

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 18:30:12 

In reply to doosra

this a guy, who from the outside, appears to have other struggles in his life

Really? Are you implying that his life is miserable due to him being overweight?

doosra 2017-03-13 18:50:09 

i am not saying his life is miserable, stop being a simpleton

this is what i am saying... if someone is massively overweight, it may not be unreasonable to suggest there is a little challenge somewhere...

analyst-kid 2017-03-13 18:56:36 

Cornwall yesterday evening was batting so cool and easy then out of nowhere that reckless shot. He made me almost cry cause I like Cornwall bad.

Courtesy 2017-03-13 18:59:05 

In reply to analyst-kid

Is he on a professional contract...just asking.

Yadi 2017-03-13 19:00:59 

Bonner, Carty & Campbell are innocent.

Yadi 2017-03-13 19:02:12 

Alizari Josephs is also innocent.

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 19:02:26 

In reply to doosra

this is what i am saying... if someone is massively overweight, it may not be unreasonable to suggest there is a little challenge somewhere

What makes you suggest that he has challenges elsewhere? As far as we know he could be the happiest guy on the planet. Yes it is unreasonable to suggest that.

All of us have issues but we are being paid and we must be professional in our approach despite the issues. I expect nothing less from Cornwall. Trust me if he cannot handle his issues here it would be far worse at the next level.

tc1 2017-03-13 20:22:46 

Let's take this win away from the Bajees, it seems they did nothing and does not deserve this win.

Fivestar 2017-03-13 20:42:31 

Let's take this win away from the Bajees, it seems they did nothing and does not deserve this win.

Would have to strongly disagree. Barbados came to play cricket while the Leewards came to play the fool.

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 21:32:04 

In reply to tc1

It was a very good testing pacy and bouncy track which is unusual to find in the Caribbean and the Bajan Bowlers Roach, Cummins and Searles exploited it well. Roach seems to be bowling quicker in the 2nd innings than he did in the Super 50.

voiceofreason 2017-03-13 22:14:39 

In reply to Fivestar

Leewards were outplayed in every facet of the game just like in the Super 50 semis. We are a work in progress but I expect a betetr performance this weekend.

XDFIX 2017-03-13 22:51:07 

How u not bigging up Bonner?

voiceofreason 2017-03-14 07:58:45 

In reply to XDFIX

Big up Bonner for what? I believe the drop for the Super50 semis did him a world of good as he came back motivated but he in particular and Campbell messed up a great fight back by missing the f/o by one run. It meant we had to bat again with our best batsman out and he got out cheaply in the second innings so there you go.

He is a leader in this batting lineup and needs to assert himself more and of course be more consistent.