The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Evil?

birdseye 2017-03-14 08:49:33 

On June 23 of last year, Britons defied the pleas of Europe’s political elites and narrowly voted for Brexit. Many observers called it the most traumatic event in the history of a union whose origins date to the 1950s. Suddenly the future of all Europe, whose unity America had spent the decades since World War II cultivating, lay in doubt. It was the next day that Bannon hosted Farage for a triumphal edition of his daily radio show.

“The European Union project has failed,” Farage declared. “It is doomed, I’m pleased to say.”

“It’s a great accomplishment,” Bannon said. “Congratulations.”

Read and comment

DAVE400 2017-03-14 09:16:12 

In reply to birdseye

I truly dislike branding people and events as evil....sounds like a healthy ingredient for hate, wars and violence.

birdseye 2017-03-14 09:27:22 

In reply to DAVE400
Sounds reasonable ---- but then I think of the Führer’s and Josip Broz Tito, two former/late leader’s philosophy and say -----Mnnnnn

DAVE400 2017-03-15 21:18:24 

In reply to birdseye

Did Hitler himself annihilate all those Jews?

birdseye 2017-03-15 21:47:35 

In reply to DAVE400

From that question – am I to infer that you are having a confusion of thought?

bravos 2017-03-15 22:14:05 

In reply to DAVE400

Did someone annihilate DAVE400's reasoning and rationale or steal his password?

Is this early manifestation of a possible Dave vs Ends internal conflict?? confused

DAVE400 2017-03-15 22:51:05 

In reply to bravos

Don't know how to articulate my point but I really do not believe in good and evil...

I believe in emotional wounds, cognitive impairment, behavioral tendencies and reactions....all from a place of unconsciousness.

Every system reacts to stimuli, feeds off itself until the system itself develops awareness.

Hitler was just a man in the midst of colliding systems....neither good nor evil...just unaware.

He is no different than you and I....We live our daily lives reacting to things without realizing we have no control over our reactions...we think we do but we don't....

You are going to wake up tomorrow morning and do the same things you do every day...it is what you have learnt...

If you grew up in an environment of neediness and was indoctrinated into having an object of hate, you would react accordingly...

birdseye 2017-03-16 08:41:26 

In reply to DAVE400

I get a sense of what you are arguing and appreciate the process – BUT- I have seen people overcome crippling stroke with therapy and determination……most have to overcome level of family and environmental dysfunction to achieve some modicum of success……. The mind’s first step is to distinguish what is true from what is false

Tragedy by the everyday and absurd by the logical

Ayenmol 2017-03-16 08:56:01 

In reply to DAVE400

We live our daily lives reacting to things without realizing we have no control over our reactions...we think we do but we don't..

I tell you! You all does really come up with some doozies. Pretty soon you all will claim that no one is responsible for their actions and just allow everyone to decide what is best, all though the individual themselves are not the ones deciding.

Even your argument is disjointed!

birdseye 2017-03-16 09:27:26 

In reply to Ayenmol

Even your argument is disjointed!
Cut Dave some slack - At least he is making a good faith effort to understand the meaning of life ---- the German writer Franz Kafka says ‘life is terrifying apprenticeship in death.’ ….. Dave's confusion is not an anomaly wink wink

SnoopDog 2017-03-16 10:26:48 

In reply to DAVE400

Hitler was just a man in the midst of colliding systems....neither good nor evil...just unaware.

Stick to the yoga Bro. lol

Ayenmol 2017-03-17 08:18:09 

In reply to SnoopDog

Disagree as you may on the issue of the Almighty, this is proof positive that man is incapable of enlightenment on his own.

It would have been bad enough, and was, for someone to reach that conclusion during Hitler sick reign.

For someone though, after the fact, to sit down and reason this way simply assures us how without direction even the most glaring evidence of inhumanity can be reasoned off as wissful intent!

The man came to this conclusion after careful thought!

birdseye 2017-03-17 11:29:56 

In reply to Ayenmol

The man came to this conclusion after careful thought!

It’s interesting how you input what seem like a ‘balanced’ thought into a black-box (brain), and what comes out after its processed---- what comes out is always function of what’s embedded in the black-box – and there is not an empirical formula

SnoopDog 2017-03-17 11:37:25 

In reply to Ayenmol

Disagree as you may on the issue of the Almighty, this is proof positive that man is incapable of enlightenment on his own.

So according to you, man is only capable of enlightenment if he suspends all his rational and critical faculties and believes everything he reads in a book which was "a chaotically cobbled-together anthology of disjointed documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and 'improved' by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries” - Richard Dawkins.

Keep worshiping your sky wizard and leave the thinking for the rest of us Bro. lol

Dukes 2017-03-17 11:38:54 

I really do not believe in good and evil...

I find the above two statements mind-boggling.

Ayenmol 2017-03-17 11:43:15 

In reply to SnoopDog

Sure....you and Mr colluding systems....we are in good hands with you thinkers obviously.

SnoopDog 2017-03-17 11:44:20 

In reply to Dukes

I think poster Dave is just a man in the midst of smoking some cheap low grade herb combined with intense Raja Yoga....neither good nor evil...just unaware he's been scammed. lol

SnoopDog 2017-03-17 11:45:20 

In reply to Ayenmol

Sure....you and Mr colluding systems....we are in good hands with you thinkers obviously.

Absolutely, without the us thinkers you lot would still be burning witches at the stake. lol

Ayenmol 2017-03-17 11:58:42 

In reply to SnoopDog

Absolutely, without the us thinkers you lot would still be burning witches at the stake.

Considering that like you those who burned folks at the stake tried their hardest to keep God's word out of the hands of the masses...burning even those who tried to translate the Bible at the stake!

There have always been those who use so called intellect to keep others from exploring truth! You are simply the incarnation of that very dark age philosophy.

SnoopDog 2017-03-17 12:06:25 

In reply to Ayenmol

There have always been those who use so called intellect to keep others from exploring truth! You are simply the incarnation of that very dark age philosophy.

Your "religious truth" belongs in your home. Keep it there. I'm the guy who will fight tooth and nail to protect secularism and secular institutions from religious nutbags like you and the your cohorts like the Taliban and ISIS. big grin

bravos 2017-03-17 12:09:43 

In reply to SnoopDog

Keep burning the oil brother,the movement is clearly in good hands.. smile cool

SnoopDog 2017-03-17 12:17:02 

In reply to bravos

It's the good fight Bro. We all have to fight it as there seems to be a resurgence of religious stupidity and ignorance and it's reaching into the highest level of government too.

np 2017-03-17 15:04:45 

In reply to DAVE400

... We live our daily lives reacting to things without realizing we have no control over our reactions ...
No -- we do have control or can have control, but many choose not to apply those controls for multiplicity of reasons. I take control.

Personally I plan my daily work days before, making sure I have a level of control over my days - yes sure a thing or two may pop-up incidentally that demands a change - but you still should matain control.
When I leave work I'm done with it --- to maintain a life/work balance that fits me and my likes/proclivities/entertainment style.

Ayenmol 2017-03-17 18:29:23 

In reply to SnoopDog

Your "religious truth" belongs in your home. Keep it there.

Where have I heard that before....you and false religion, different sides of the same coin!