The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

BRITISH CHARTER FLIGHT LAND IN JAMAICA

Emir 2017-03-17 07:51:10 

A woman whose leave to remain in Britain was revoked after 25 years in the country because of a non-violent offence was told that to keep in touch with her children, she could use Skype. Her British-born son suffers crippling pain from sickle cell.

When a young boy needs a hug, Skype doesn't cut it.

A 30-year-old man was deported because his wife does not earn the £18,600 required for a spousal visa. You need to earn the equivalent of TT$155,000 if you want to live in Britain with your spouse. Otherwise, it's send them home and use Skype to show you love them.

Shouldn't CARICOM fight back?

Here's an example, Britain has policies to punish small countries like Jamaica for instituting the death penalty for example, claiming it is against the values of the British nation.

So why doesn't CARICOM employ similar policies.

So when Britain decided to deport 180 Jamaicans, who ancestors they had enslaved, kidnapped, tortured, raped and whose religion, language and names they forcefully took away, CARICOM should place sanctions in Britain- even if these sanctions are symbolic.

archangel 2017-03-17 08:05:21 

In reply to Emir

When you think about it, you have to wonder why be a part of the Commonwealth which seems to be a group that is past its sell by date.

JOJO 2017-03-17 09:46:10 

In reply to Emir

So why doesn't CARICOM employ similar policies

Sometimes I wonder whether you guys think before you type.

TheTrail 2017-03-17 10:16:11 

Britain asked little "England" to take in some of the Jamaicans.

birdseye 2017-03-17 10:18:45 

In reply to JOJO

You saying the white people think before they act – or they just do what comes natural?

bravos 2017-03-17 11:56:45 

In reply to Emir

Agree 1000% I don't support lawlessness but these situations are just cruel..It's time for us to stand up and at least say something and we can only do it EFFECTIVELY COLLECTIVELY....

Painful to see people being torn apart for small lapses in judgement in the past...such blatant hypocrisy and systematic prejudice..

Spot on brother,and peace to our people far and wide..one Caribbean!

Emir 2017-03-17 20:09:41 

In reply to JOJO

It is people like you who just lie down and die, that cause bullies and tyrants to ruin countries and civilizations.

It is apparent you have no sense of self worth and you lack self esteem. It is a pity you cannot even imagine or comprehend a CARICOM placing sanctions and other formal protest actions against first world countries like Britain.

Emir 2017-03-17 20:10:30 

In reply to bravos

Thanks Bro.

Emir 2017-03-17 20:11:01 

In reply to archangel

Good point.