The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Selectors only THIS Aggressive Team can win ODI

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 09:30:42 

We have tried using a conservative test-like team and we got white-washed twice with more coming if we are not planning to change the composition of the team to a more aggressive one. What do we have to lose? An aggressive team if players are in form will definitely give us a chance of winning.
We have to select some of our most aggressive players including the following:

Mohammed (Capt)
Walton
Rovman
Lewis
Ambris
Blackwood
Joseph
Carter
Hope (He is working on his game)
Stephen Taylor
Nurse
Gabriel
Cornwall
Holder
Kieran Powell
Sammy (He wants to play)
Samuels

natty_forever 2017-03-17 09:47:53 

... and even if you don't agree with the team selected above, we hope you get the gist.

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 10:07:03 

In reply to natty_forever

For the sake of WI cricket future and for all the humiliation and embarrassment we have suffered in recent years, we hope that the selectors at least consider this team. Any variance and we get white-washed again will certainly give the impression that the WICB and Selectors have no genuine interest in the future of WI cricket or WI fans!

Mr-Anguilla 2017-03-17 10:16:26 

In reply to Slipfeeler
Recent Years? Almost 3 Decades now!

tc1 2017-03-17 10:38:38 

In reply to Mr-Anguilla

he should change his name to Kelly-ann, this man post shoite after shoite

natty_forever 2017-03-17 10:51:44 

In reply to tc1... well I didn't get the impression Anguilla thought as you do, you pulling a Don Quixote pon me.

Especially after reading this

I believe Browne believes it's his duty to close the casket on Windies Cricket. Let's not forget he alone killed it well.....MURDERED it when it was in an already weakened state by dropping Waugh. The teams he is now selecting is a clear and present danger to the game we grew up playing in the streets, the beach, the school yards, the parks and after church and/or Sunday School. I feel it's a conspiracy for Barbados to go it alone!

tc1 2017-03-17 11:15:50 

what do u want me to say if Anguilla or you believed that Browne killed WI cricket, Browne dropped a catch, how many players dropped a catches before and after brown?

What about the selector panels before Brown, did they' present danger to the game?

Anguilla seems confused as he said that we have not won for 3 decades and blame the state of the game on Browne

natty_forever 2017-03-17 11:29:27 

In reply to tc1...but none lost us our championship run ... downhill after that drop. Also, read again, I know you see a BIM being criticized and you comprehension goes out the window.

what you think this implies

close the casket on Windies Cricket.

Browne like DD just administering the last rites.

DIEHARD 2017-03-17 12:02:58 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Cant argue with that squad.

Basically just dropped the Brathwaites and took the captaincy from Holder..i beleive that alone really makes for a completely different ODI team twisted

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 12:13:54 

In reply to tc1

Tell me you are joking and not insinuating that this squad is not better than your current multiple white-washed squad?

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 12:43:02 

In reply to DIEHARD

ODI team based on the assumption that our experienced players are unavailable for they should have been our first option but we have face the reality of current WI situation.

tc1 2017-03-17 13:05:54 

To say that Browne dropping a player and this one act causing WI to be permanently rank last for over 25 years.does this make sense?

For the record, when did Browne dropped this catch?

natty_forever 2017-03-17 13:17:29 

In reply to tc1... maybe not to a Bajan.

lol

!995, Steve Waugh was on 48, went on to make 200. West indies lost the match and the series. A dolly I should add.

DIEHARD 2017-03-17 14:59:09 

In reply to Slipfeeler

i wasnt even being sarcastic...dropping the Brathwaites and given the captaincy to somebody else, i think would really make a big difference.

If Holder has to vie for his spot, then we have other options we can look at. Cornwall can get into the XI, i think he may offer more with bat and ball

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 15:38:11 

In reply to DIEHARD

Totally agree with you bro! I cannot comprehend why selectors are unable to see the larger pic!

natty_forever 2017-03-17 15:41:30 

In reply to Slipfeeler

larger pic
... pun intended?

big grin

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 16:03:45 

big grin big grin big grin

granite 2017-03-17 16:39:35 

In reply to Slipfeeler
Why is Taylor not in the Scorpions team for the 4 day matches.

Slipfeeler 2017-03-17 18:17:59 

In reply to granite

Taylor is an aggressive batsman more suitable for T20 or ODI teams but I am sure he will later factor in the 4day team. Some of you guys have problems with separation of ODI players from 4Day or Test players, even selectors are having the same problems!
big grin big grin