The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jonathan Carter

Baje 2017-03-18 09:44:45 

Did he really get drop?

Bigdog2 2017-03-18 09:58:40 

Not really they just made another poor decision to go with Phillips who has no future in cricket.

doosra 2017-03-18 10:15:55 

When bajan drap dem windies pick dem good signs for jc big grin

analyst-kid 2017-03-18 10:21:24 

In reply to Bigdog2

the boy Carter is the form player and currently the best player in the team and you drop him? Why? Maybe to lose form.

The earlier decision to finish with Dwayne Smith was a stupid one too....WI short of limited overs openers and Smith deserved one last go once selected and making runs...the whitewash might very well be have been averted because Smith like him or not is a match winner.

Bajan selectors following right after the WI selectors in doing shyte.

cherri 2017-03-18 10:59:47 

Does the fact that he is in the T20 squad make a difference here..........

methodic 2017-03-18 11:06:56 

In reply to cherri

got to be

TheTrail 2017-03-18 11:15:55 

I told you guys last week that as long as Stoute is captain, Carter will find it difficult to make this team. He and the selectors do not want Carter to succeed in cricket.

They (the selectors) destroyed Kirk Edwards career.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-18 11:54:32 

In reply to TheTrail

I disagree. Kuk destroyed his own career. After the kit bust up he failed to make runs.

doosra 2017-03-18 11:58:45 

In reply to cherri

Does the fact that he is in the T20 squad make a difference here..........

deh got odda ppl in the t20 squad dat playing this round

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-18 12:18:23 

In reply to doosra

...from the Barbados pride squad?

analyst-kid 2017-03-18 12:23:54 

In reply to TheTrail

You nailed it...this is 2 years I've been pointing out this re Stoute...underbowling and leaving out allrounders of similar ilk to him.

doosra 2017-03-18 13:08:57 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

what does that have to do with anything?

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-18 13:52:39 

In reply to doosra
The question was why was he dropped from Barbados team. Cherri's post suggests it could be because he was in windpipes squad. You sought to contra by asking if he's the only one. I am suggesting what Barbados may have done not why other teams may have done differntly

analyst-kid 2017-03-18 13:52:41 

I admire Stoute for one thing though....when he isn't making runs...he takes wickets...and vice versa.

analyst-kid 2017-03-18 17:24:55 

comms arguing now that Cummins having taken three wickets this afternoon, surrendered the ball too meekly....how them know Stoute didn't want him take anymore wickets?

Logic 2017-03-18 17:54:40 

In reply to analyst-kid

What is it about Stoute that Bajans hate him so much. Is it his nutcase father, or his fruitcake brother? You people become ridiculously irrational when it comes to this guy. I don't know the guy but from what I have seen of him he is the type of cricketer that wi cricket needs more of. Limited talent but willing to step up to the plate and perform under pressure. I am not surprised he made runs today. He had a poor couple of spells bowling yesterday as did Cummins, both not adjusting to the slow but bouncing wicket and bowling too short. The type of abuse that was being hurled at their captain by spectators was as ugly as it was comical. In between the cussing was comments about him needing to give up the game and go and sing for his supper like his father. I am really lost as to the relevance of who his father is.

You have at least acknowledged his toughness but you go following behind the Trail along some conspiracy theory about Stoute conniving for the last couple years to keep out other allrounders. Seriously man...you all sound like real Trumpists. Stoute has barely established himself in the team was only captain last year for a brief period when Kraigg did not show up. What influence do you really think he has on team selection?

As an entertainer yourself you should be sensitive to the ridicule Stoute faces because of his Dad. Don't follow Trail down the road of his foolishness. I bet Trail aint had your schooling. Even if you didn pay attention while you were there I know you learnt the art of critical thinking and can divorce personal prejudice from your decision making. I coming to see you perform tomorrow night. Don't make me start a boo chorus 'gainst you. lol

openning 2017-03-18 20:17:26 

In reply to Logic

I bet Trail aint had your schooling.

Becareful with words bro, Trail maybe your doctor if he return to bim after his studies.

analyst-kid 2017-03-18 21:16:07 

In reply to Logic

Stoute is an excellent cricketer who has been given a raw deal IMO.

My only issue with Stoute is to see how amusing when he is captain he underbowls other allrounders.

In the last tournament Holder did the same to him by not even given him a bowl and I criticised Holder for that.

Logic 2017-03-19 00:27:53 

In reply to openning
Lots of fellas beat books and achieve professionally as a result. But thats not the type of schooling I was speaking to.

Blackbird 2017-03-19 07:47:00 

In reply to Bigdog2

Phillips has no present; one 100 in 100 innings ......

What happenned by accident should have happened by design; Stoute open and Carter bat in the middle, Williams should have played in the previous match instead of Phillips as well.

Logic 2017-03-19 11:01:33 

In reply to analyst-kid

How them know Stoute didn't want him take any more wickets?[quote]

Hate to belabour the point but if Stoute wanted to undermine allrounders ostensibly because they compete with him for a team spot he surely should have taken off Chase and not Cummins. He has in fact given Chase more of a bowl in a match with Nurse in the squad than other Barbados captains have. A good thing in my view as I have been convinced that at least in the longer game format that Chase is a better offspinner than Nurse.

analyst-kid 2017-03-19 13:24:30 

noone is disputing the fact that Stoute is a good captain...the problem comes when things not going his way....that is when he makes those selfish decisions....we will see in the next match against Guyana.

TheTrail 2017-03-19 13:52:52 

In reply to Logic

What is it about Stoute that Bajans hate him so much.

You call this logic and making such a general statement??

Don't follow Trail down the road of his foolishness. I bet Trail aint had your schooling.

Stewwwwwuuuups

Oh well, the least said the better...continue with your lilliputian narrative