The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The Facts: Disgraceful BAJAN ODI Numbers

thefacts 2017-03-20 23:46:42 

Batting:

KB: 27.8
Hope: 35.71 (if minus the 100 vs Zimbabwe, Avg<25)
Carter: 26.64
Carlos: 13.5
Jason: 22.39
Nurse: 9.4

Bowling:

Nurse: 23.85 (only one acceptable)
Jason: 31.81
Carlos: 47.47
Carter: 37
Benn: 49
Cummins: 82
KB: 140

and yet they are being picked shamelessly.

thefacts 2017-03-20 23:50:11 

Non-Bajan Bowlers:

Jerome: 28
Ravi: 29
Narine: 26
Bishoo: 24
Gabriel: 24
Big Bravo: 29
Joseph: 25

thefacts 2017-03-20 23:56:05 

The Non-Bajan batsmen are doing equally badly, except these few:

Gayle: 37
Lewis: 31
Lil Bravo: 32
Simmons: 31
Samuels: 34

matchstick 2017-03-21 07:12:12 

In reply to thefacts

The Non-Bajan batsmen are doing equally badly, except these few:

So u basically called urself smart and an an idiot in the same thread...

Trini logic yes!! lol lol

Courtesy 2017-03-21 08:16:19 

In reply to matchstick

My first laugh of the day might be the greatest...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

natty_forever 2017-03-21 08:18:01 

Why am I not surprise that Don would chirp in. Matachie you becoming more and more dis-courteous.

Ray123 2017-03-21 08:34:58 

lol lol this man trolling?? if the non-bajans doing the same shite as the Bajans.. who by the way are proving to be the best of the worse.. i don't see the point of this post. The players that are doing so much better are the reason we're ranked so low in the rankings in the first place! These players are all we have because the STARS only seem interested in playing T20 and not committing to regional cricket.

natty_forever 2017-03-21 09:02:56 

In reply to Ray123.. well he did find a few that are better, but we know the history.

thefacts 2017-03-21 09:04:20 

Dunces...

can't read this:

Non-Bajan Bowlers:

Jerome: 28
Ravi: 29
Narine: 26
Bishoo: 24
Gabriel: 24
Big Bravo: 29
Joseph: 25

OR This:

Gayle: 37
Lewis: 31
Lil Bravo: 32
Simmons: 31
Samuels: 34

No wonder, them rank BOOT LICKERS!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol

thefacts 2017-03-21 09:06:01 

and THE FACT them can't READ.. is not a fault of them EYES! Its the penthouse that's EMPTY!

Me .. Not Surprised, One Bit!!!

I would be.. if it was otherwise..

"Elvis has left the Building my friends"

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol razz razz razz razz razz razz

natty_forever 2017-03-21 09:49:25 

Too early for soo much FACTS.

DIEHARD 2017-03-21 10:12:06 

In reply to thefacts

The logic was pretty straight forward...not sure how it missed them.

There were numbers and everything, maybe you need a graph, maybe a powerpoint, with the laser thingy.

Bajan bats suck, others dont suck as bad.

All bajan bowlers suck except one.

Other bowlers dont suck.

Seems legit.

nissan 2017-03-21 11:10:59 

Those darn Bajans!

Dragging us down from our lofty perch in the top 3

matchstick 2017-03-21 11:43:46 

In reply to natty_forever

Too early for soo much FACTS.

Lie!

Never too early for a FACTING Idiot! lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-03-21 11:47:39 

In reply to matchstick

It's quite obvious that only a handful of our batters shit the good shit, "perfume shit" as it were, but shit nonetheless. And this coming from the mouth of a facting bajan hatting, foulmouthed idiot is tendentious at best.

lol lol lol

matchstick 2017-03-21 11:54:47 

In reply to Courtesy

Waiting to see Lewis' average after we remove the 1 ton.

Or I guess Zimbabwe hand out tonns for free... That is why Hope was the only man in the tri-series to score a ton against Zim.

Courtesy 2017-03-21 11:57:33 

In reply to matchstick

I guess his conclusion is... the ICC should discount any runs made against Zimbabwe or expunge it from the records.

I will also extend this to "runs scored against West Indies" 'cause some folks say: "want a century call West Indies".

big grin

matchstick 2017-03-21 11:59:00 

In reply to Courtesy

the ICC should discount any runs made against Zimbabwe or expunge it from the records.

for disgraceful bajans only... All others are very respectable and exemplary!

Courtesy 2017-03-21 12:01:14 

In reply to matchstick

for disgraceful bajans only... All others are very respectable and exemplary!

I never expect any dumb ass to see the folly of his argument...it is plain wishful thinking. And this is normal behaviour for "a fake".

big grin

analyst-kid 2017-03-21 12:50:04 

Bowling

Kemar Roach 28
Jason Holder 31
Tino Best 34

If you gine include Cummins with 2 ODIs, and Joseph with 3 ODIs then

Emrit 2 ODIs....no wickets so no average

And if you gine include Carter, Kraigg Brathwaite bowling in ODIs...then include

Bowling

Pollard 101 ODIs 39.12
Simmons 68 ODIs 172.00
Samuels 187 ODIS 46.25

Batting

Pollard 25.71
Powell 25.41

If you want to prove the Bajans are useless do not conveniently leave out players of the same type and who has played the same amount of matches or even more.

OneCarib 2017-03-21 12:52:22 

Which of these disgraceful Bajans are responsible for our current ranking, we can only hope that they fix the Non-Bajan mess.

hawk 2017-03-21 15:55:12 

All Bajans should be removed from the team....immediately, we were winning until they started selecting them

Narper 2017-03-21 17:28:12 

In reply to hawk

If the WI has only mediocre players...then pick them from ALL the regional teams ....why pick more than half the team from Barbados...THE PERCEPTION IS ONLY MEDIOCRE BAJANS ARE GETTING A BREAK...WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER MEDIOCRES FROM THE OTHER REGIONAL TEAMS?

Afterall the team is called the west indies team....not barbados and the rest

Courtesy 2017-03-21 17:31:50 

In reply to Narper

If the WI has only mediocre players...then pick them from ALL the regional teams ....why pick more than half the team from Barbados...THE PERCEPTION IS ONLY MEDIOCRE BAJANS ARE GETTING A BREAK...WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER MEDIOCRES FROM THE OTHER REGIONAL TEAMS?

Afterall the team is called the west indies team....not barbados and the rest

With all due respect, this is a totally different argument above, which rightly uses the premises and what should have been the conclusion of "the fake".

Your assertion above is for a separate thread.

hawk 2017-03-21 18:34:11 

In reply to Narper

The scales may be temporarily tipped towards Bajan players for this moment in time, 4 years ago it wasn't the case, I recall in the early 90s, when Richardson became captain so many Leewards players were on the team, but they were also winning the domestic competition, and were the best FC side at the time, 4 years from now it might not be, another franchise may emerge as the best side, they will always be opnions on who should play and why, but you guys just calling for other players because you are against the team have the most bajans, regardless of the fact that no other player is putting enough pressure on the incumbents to unseat them, at this time it best the other franchises work at the game and seek to beat this pride side as oppose to complaining...consistent runs and wickets cannot be ignored as likewise a lack thereof will not be get you any attention

If seven of the best players we have are all from Jamaica(subject to opnion)...then pick them

Narper 2017-03-21 19:02:30 

In reply to hawk

Do you think if the bajans were perfoming well any one on this board would have a problem....

but when all the players are mediocre and not performing then many others should get a chance too...but what we hear from the bajan chief selector

...that the WI selectors are investing in certain players....all bajans

....the bajan WI T20 cappo even refused a central contract....no reprimand whatsoever....in fact he is re-appointed cappo....even as his personal performances in the last year stinks

sgtdjones 2017-03-21 19:22:25 

Didn't the H&H regime start dis

They invested in Sammy the first captain fer life

Brung just following what the other bunch started

investing in bajans

Punishment are for Trini's only anyone else gets a bly.

How come they didn't invest in Bishoo when he won numerous awards?

tc1 2017-03-21 21:49:59 

In reply to sgtdjones

u have a short memory, did Joey not picked soft tits like Roberts, Ragoonath, Jaggernauth to name a few ,

hawk 2017-03-21 22:42:35 

In reply to Narper

As far as i know the "investment" comment was made to one player only, yet you seem to apply it across the board, it is agreed he shouldn't even be captain, any Bajan would tell you this, apart from him, i challenge you to name another who hasn't earn his spot by putting numbers in the runs and/or wickets columns

look around the PCL even without our International players, we are still winning, No Kraigg, no Holder, no Benn, and we are yet to drop a game this season, what does that say......the other franchises has got to challenge us harder.

nick2020 2017-03-21 22:49:15 

How can you side with his nonsense?

Or the enemy of the enemy is you friend?

nick2020 2017-03-21 23:02:46 

In reply to Narper

Do you think if the bajans were perfoming well any one on this board would have a problem....

Yes. The board is insular. Too many people rather see their own lose instead of someone else success and unfortunately this is the reason why West Indies cricket does not get the support it should.

The board is very hypocritical. When T&T dominated the shorter format of the game regionally the T20 and ODI team was full of Trinis. Now that Barbados is having success in regional cricket the side reflects this.

Isn't that what you wanted? The people who perform regionally to be the ones picked for international duty?

Nagico Super50 batting

Ambris was left out for two openers who scored more runs but the other 5 were selected for the ENG ODIs. The point of a regional competition and forcing players to participate in it to be eligible for selection makes sense. From that pool we should be picking performers.

thefacts 2017-03-22 07:19:32 

In reply to Narper

...that the WI selectors are investing in certain players....all bajans

BINGO. Its that obvious.

....the bajan WI T20 cappo even refused a central contract....no reprimand whatsoever....in fact he is re-appointed cappo....even as his personal performances in the last year stinks

ALL FACTS!

thefacts 2017-03-22 07:22:36 

The Dunces are conveniently not mentioning the TEAM PERFORMANCE!!!!!

Before Bajan Revolution

Tri Series Aus, SA --- Played 7, Won 3, Lost 4 (3 games WI won against Top Teams Aus, SA -- MOM Narine, Samuels, Lil Bravo.. all dropped)

Bajan Revolution Starts

vs Pak ----- Played 3, Lost 3
Tri Series SL, Zim--- Played 4, Won 1, Lost 2, Tie 1 (Lost and Tied with Zimbabwe)
vs England------ Played 3, Lost 3

Summary -- Since Bajan Revo: Played 10, Won 1, Lost 8, Tie 1

matchstick 2017-03-22 08:41:03 

In reply to thefacts

FACTING idiot yes!!

So conveniently we will hold the Tri Series as the benchmark.

Conveniently we wont look immidiately before that series when WI got 0-3 white wash in SL. And the series before that we lost 4-1 to South Africa.

Conveniently we will leave out that in the following series which is part of your your comparison the likes of Samuels Lil bravo etc were involved and we still got 0-3

In Summary... You are a FACTING IDIOT!

matchstick 2017-03-22 08:43:21 

In reply to Narper

Dot act like you been on this MB for a few days...

When the team is not doing well... which is majority of the time... people on the board will have a problem.

Case in point is the FACTING Idiot above and his short term memory to look at the Tri Series as the good old days of West Indies ODI supremacy!!

If the WI has only mediocre players...then pick them from ALL the regional teams

This isn't affirmative action or welfare! Perform in the regional tournaments consistently and your time will come.

Can't put up outstanding numbers in one tournament and expect to get picked the next series.

Narper 2017-03-22 09:20:20 

In reply to matchstick

Dot act like you been on this MB for a few days...

MY BWOY...You don't have to behave like a know it all on this board....You must be a Trump surrogate type person !! And I have been on this board much longer than you....and there were periods when this board has fully supported a WI team

When the team is not doing well... which is majority of the time... people on the board will have a problem.

And where did I say otherwise? And why shouldn't people here or elsewhere not have a problem....why are you satisfied with the production of this WI team? Do you honestly believe that in the last few years the best WI teams are selected?

This isn't affirmative action or welfare!

But the facts show it is affirmative action/welfare for some mediocre players and not others....and at this point in time those players are all bajans

Can't put up outstanding numbers in one tournament and expect to get picked the next series.

I will give just two examples....Permaul and Miller have been consistently performing well for years....and have been IGNORED....on the other hand what has Nurse done before this recent regional series?

natty_forever 2017-03-22 09:31:47 

In reply to nick2020... not siding ... punning.

natty_forever 2017-03-22 09:34:31 

In reply to matchstick

This isn't affirmative action or welfare! Perform in the regional tournaments consistently and your time will come.
... Devon Smith?

natty_forever 2017-03-22 09:36:07 

In reply to Narper... seems it's okay with Matchie, cause we been losing long time, so why bother change now. Matchie don't get that we saw before when teams are stacked on nationality and not performance what happens, yet we continue unabated. Someone can say why Rov never get a game, even after beaing beaten badly in the first two matches. Yet a poorly performing CB was kept on.

matchstick 2017-03-22 10:55:27 

In reply to Narper

And I have been on this board much longer than you....and there were periods when this board has fully supported a WI team

That is just old people talking "Back in the day things were better" when really they are only remembering the good times (in the case of WI cricket the very few good times) and blocking out the bad times.

I guess when i get old and out of touch I can do the same ans reference when we win 3 WC's in a span of a month.

why are you satisfied with the production of this WI team? Do you honestly believe that in the last few years the best WI teams are selected?

Where am I saying that?

To agree with the FACTING Idiot that some how, magically, the team started doing worse since the majority of Bajans were being selected is idiotic.

You sir are agreeing with him and in turn classing yourself with him. That is all that can be inferred.

Wont even waste my time on the remainder of your reply...

natty_forever 2017-03-22 10:59:40 

In reply to matchstick... kindly point me to where the 'FACTING IDIOT" said this or implied it ...

magically, the team started doing worse since the majority of Bajans were being selected

matchstick 2017-03-22 11:00:06 

teams are stacked on nationality and not performance what happens

So you are saying that the non bajans who are not being selected are clearly out performing the bajans...

You are also saying that it ever came a case where the majority of the performers come from on nation we should deliberately not go by that because they are all form the same nation?

matchstick 2017-03-22 11:02:28 

kindly point me to where the 'FACTING IDIOT" said this or implied it ...

Don't act old like narper... i know you younger... cool go read the lead post.

natty_forever 2017-03-22 11:47:46 

In reply to matchstick

i know you younger
... might not look it, but I am up there with him probably. However, I don't see where he implied any thing of the sort. Pardon me being an idiot.

Narper 2017-03-22 14:06:14 

In reply to Narper... seems it's okay with Matchie, cause we been losing long time, so why bother change now. Matchie don't get that we saw before when teams are stacked on nationality and not performance what happens, yet we continue unabated. Someone can say why Rov never get a game, even after beaing beaten badly in the first two matches. Yet a poorly performing CB was kept on.

I suspect he must be on the WICB payroll

That is why I mentioned he is behaving like a Trump like surrogate person....he is blindly trying to defend WICB and selectors....the indefensible

The young idiot is trying to tell me I am old and out of touch

I can give him tons of examples where performing players are ignored....but he chose the cowardly way out...and stated he would not waste time to reply

What he doesn't know....it de day....he would have been crucified on this board....but most of us do not have the inclination or time for this...anymore

Narper 2017-03-22 14:14:52 

.. might not look it, but I am up there with him probably. However, I don't see where he implied any thing of the sort. Pardon me being an idiot.

This chap Matchprick looks like he is trying to bully 'ole' folks into his way of thinking....thinks he is smarter and knows it all....

It seems if I agree with him I will suddenly be young and in touch

nick2020 2017-03-22 18:27:50 

I am Devon's second biggest supporter on this board and even I have to admit the guy is old and had his chances. He was not given the fairest ride but that is in the past. At the end of the day we wanted the players who perform regionally to be selected for Intl duty.

And for the most part that is what happened.

So when Guyana, Jamaica or LWI/VOR is in a similar position we should not have a problem with the makeup of the team. And I encourage all to cuss them blind the same way lol

thefacts 2017-03-22 21:37:20 

FACTS:

From beating Australia, South Africa to losing / tie with Zimbabwe to 0-3 at HOME!!!!!!

I am not saying the team was a world beater before the Bajan Revolution.

But Dunces don't have the moral courage to admit, that the Team wasn't this bad either.

Not my problem though.

SO LONG, BOOT LICKERZZZZZZ!!

HA HA HA
lol lol lol lol

natty_forever 2017-03-23 14:50:12 

In reply to nick2020... thinking by now we would have Lesson Learned ... but ... and, me na cuss the players. Still a cuss the board, players caan select themselves.

TheTrail 2017-03-23 15:41:07 

In reply to Courtesy

In reply to matchstick

I never expect any dumb ass to see the folly of his argument...it is plain wishful thinking. And this is normal behaviour for "a fake".

That is what happens when you are dealing with RB AKA Richard. smile

hawk 2017-03-24 10:04:25 

In reply to Narper

do you still think they are not performing well????