The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ole Man Still Standing

Runs 2017-03-24 16:55:22 

lol

seko 2017-03-24 17:24:31 

In reply to Runs

This old man is still the best. He should be helping this failing West Indies side in test matches on the field and in the dress room. It is a unbelievable to know that we have and continued to be a dotish cricketing nation. We discard our best players in their prime when they fail in a few matches. We select some players to fail by allowing unwelcoming environment to exist in camp.

Runs 2017-03-24 17:27:30 

In reply to seko

Bajans tek ovaah is licks in Pakistan zindabari lol

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-24 17:44:25 

In reply to Runs

He's indeed standing....still big grin big grin

Narper 2017-03-24 17:49:24 

In reply to Runs
At one time ALL de bajans comms appeal for LBW

ah really though he out wid de loud appeal.....but then a nearly dead wid laugh wen de ump seh not out...and hear their embarrassment
wink smile

Narper 2017-03-24 17:51:59 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Yuh know this tournament is real dung heap for a shit ass team like this mudland team to be leading in the standings

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-24 17:59:54 

In reply to Narper

Not true Pedro Agard said early missing leg stump big grin

Narper 2017-03-24 18:05:30 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Not true Pedro Agard said early missing leg stump

that was after de big noise... wink

Runs 2017-03-24 18:13:01 

Dem know he is a great perhaps and want his wicket?

Narper 2017-03-24 18:26:40 

In reply to Runs

No 'perhaps'...they all know Shiv is great..

Shiv shaming many as he continues to play....with distinction

I have developed a serious dislike for Big PU-C LLoyd

Chief selectors Butts and LLoyd did NOTHING for a single Mudland player except for the shithound Chandrika...whom Big PU-C tried to palm off to satisfy his disgraceful and obscene dropping of shiv..

Did you know Lloyd used to run his mout against Shiv and ridicule him because Shiv was not seeking to play county cricket in his younger days?

Emir 2017-03-24 18:28:27 

In reply to Narper

Chief selectors Butts and LLoyd did NOTHING for a single Mudland player except for the shithound

Was it his job to seek the interest of "Mudland" players or all WI players?

Runs 2017-03-24 18:31:16 

In reply to Emir

Every other WI official looks out for the interests of his countrymen, where have you been living?

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-03-24 18:35:44 

In reply to Narper

Shiv may have been great big grin

Narper 2017-03-24 18:39:08 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Shiv may have been great

Jus like Sobers, Viv and Lara big grin

Ridge 2017-03-24 18:40:13 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy
Imagine old man Shiv still can't make you
sleep at nights?.

Narper 2017-03-24 18:42:15 

In reply to Emir

Was it his job to seek the interest of "Mudland" players or all WI players

His job was to seek the interest of every effin player.

But it seems he had an effin axe to grind against Mudland players

openning 2017-03-24 18:45:54 

In reply to Runs

Every other WI official looks out for the interests of his countrymen, where have you been living?

Viv and llyod wanted to win, they did not care which Island you were from.
Sir Frank and Sir Clyde wanted to develop cricket thru-out the region.

Sometimes we only see things from our point of view, but I really cannot see any COS being so autocratic, that he ignore the other selectors and pick his team.
I know the COS get the blame

jelfew 2017-03-24 20:39:55 

In reply to seko
It is not unusual, in fact, it is the norm for selecters around the world to discard sportsmen/women when they start to fail in their later years. Shivs performance at so late in years is in, fact out of the norm. It is to his credit that he is performing to the point that we have to look on him now. It is also to the disappointment of of our current younger players that we don't see anyone emerging as Shiv did when he was 17 and made the WI team at 18. Lets hope that we will not be disappointed much longer and Shiv retains good health.

I remember Merlene Ottey who at 50 was still on the track running and competing well. Don't blames the selectors too much. I only hope that Shiv will soon get the recognition from West Indies Cricket that he deserves.
big grin big grin big grin

jelfew 2017-03-24 20:39:58 

In reply to seko
It is not unusual, in fact, it is the norm for selecters around the world to discard sportsmen/women when they start to fail in their later years. Shivs performance at so late in years is in, fact out of the norm. It is to his credit that he is performing to the point that we have to look on him now. It is also to the disappointment of of our current younger players that we don't see anyone emerging as Shiv did when he was 17 and made the WI team at 18. Lets hope that we will not be disappointed much longer and Shiv retains good health.

I remember Merlene Ottey who at 50 was still on the track running and competing well. Don't blames the selectors too much. I only hope that Shiv will soon get the recognition from West Indies Cricket that he deserves.
big grin big grin big grin

Emir 2017-03-24 20:40:44 

In reply to Runs

Look, I made a comment and if you disagree, fine, but please no need to for that tone. rolleyes