Runs 2017-03-28 20:51:24 

In reply to Curtis

Not on their rugs razz

Chrissy 2017-03-28 21:05:12 

In reply to Runs

Racist pig

tops 2017-03-28 21:09:02 

In reply to Chrissy
If u had to choose between Racist pig or curry pig which would you?

Curtis 2017-03-28 21:10:34 

In reply to tops

jheera pork

Runs 2017-03-28 21:16:57 

Encountered that behavior in the US even among native curry eaters, will not cook it in the house, prefers garage. Guess because of the enclosed homes the smell permeates and lingers. It gets on coats etc and one can use his olfactory sense to identify it in public places.
The Indians due to their use of spices can also be identified by one's sense of smell lol
Don't use on our resident Indian guests please. lol

Kay 2017-03-28 21:26:02 

In reply to Runs

Encountered that behavior in the US even among native curry eaters, will not cook it in the house, prefers garage. Guess because of the enclosed homes the smell permeates and lingers. It gets on coats etc and one can smell it in public places.

Correct is right. The smell does stick to carpets, curtains and sofa and very difficult to get rid of. No curry cooking in my home, I just order in or eat out.

If he can prove damages to his property then there is no HR violation. Man must be able to rent his place easily after one tenant vacates

Emir 2017-03-28 21:31:49 

In reply to Kay

No curry cooking in my home, I just order in or eat out.

Yuh husband takin dat so?
wink

Emir 2017-03-28 21:35:50 

In reply to Runs

Encountered that behavior in the US even among native curry eaters, will not cook it in the house, prefers garage. Guess because of the enclosed homes the smell permeates and lingers. It gets on coats etc and one can smell it in public places.

Never faced this problem and and lots of curry dishes were cooked in my house for many years. Since retirement, my live in Aide has significantly eased up with the curry.

But a very good extractor fan properly vented outside while keeping the pot covered eliminates 95% of the curry fumes.

It is a myth of Indian cooking to keep the pot open when pouring the curry mix in the hot oil- this strategy is the main reason for curry fumes.

Try pouring the curry mix when the oil is cold and cover the pot in low heat.

Runs 2017-03-28 21:41:20 

In reply to Emir

Agreed

nick2020 2017-03-28 22:30:35 

In reply to Emir

Do you know Kay to be a married woman?

bravos 2017-03-28 22:54:06 

In reply to Runs

As if lingering ole white bollocks smells better...

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-03-28 23:29:19 

In reply to Kay

The smell does stick to carpets

You are supposed to eat it not use it on your panty liner. big grin

granite 2017-03-29 12:18:14 

In reply to CurtisYes Brits do love Curry and it is the most popular of all the ethnic foods in England.

bravos 2017-03-29 12:37:07 

In reply to granite

Yep was very pleased to see curry on both my boarding schools' menus in the 80's!! with popadoms and a very tame and agreeable mango chutney too!

Wasn't Trini curry but still very satisfying on many levels,not just culinary.. cool

A hot doubles man on freezing mornings and afternoons woulda surely nail it too!smile

googley 2017-03-29 12:38:54 

In reply to Runs

have you seen Indo Guyanese cooking in their house lately? lol

Runs 2017-03-29 12:50:45 

In reply to googley

Nope, except for those in Little Guyana, no mistaking where you are from the smells
lol

granite 2017-03-29 14:40:24 

In reply to bravos
Yes man,I know white friends who use Scoth Bonnet to make their Curry,I think that is what we call Congo Pepper.That racist man is really a man of the 60s and before,nobody makes curry everyday,curry smells could be got rid of in many ways,extra fans and other forms of ridding the place of unwanted scents.

Toney 2017-03-29 15:34:07 

In reply to Runs

You may have a point, man. Unless you have a trained nose for dat rass the smell, when it is being cooked, can turn you off,especially Ram Goat. However once you can ignore the smell, dat rass taste good if prepared properly. lol

Runs 2017-03-29 15:45:59 

In reply to Toney

In apartment buildings the smell can be nauseating, very tough to dissipate. I can truly understand the landlord's concern, but of course he will be termed as being biased also. No win situation. lol

googley 2017-03-29 15:54:59 

In reply to Runs

the answer is to increase the security deposit, enough to cover the cost of replacing stinky materials and getting rid of the smell. How different is that from renting to smokers?

Runs 2017-03-29 15:59:48 

In reply to googley

True

Drapsey 2017-03-29 16:07:39 

In reply to googley

the answer is to increase the security deposit, enough to cover the cost of replacing stinky materials and getting rid of the smell. How different is that from renting to smokers?

Have you ever been at work when the Indians open their lunch (box) at their cubicle or even in the lunch room?

At least you can leave the lunch room, but not always so with the cubicle.

Runs 2017-03-29 16:17:04 

In reply to Drapsey

Or OTHERS their fish lunches using the microwave to heat it upcool come on bro

Drapsey 2017-03-29 16:26:03 

In reply to Runs

I've experienced that too, but a single 'talking to' usually takes care of that problem.

tops 2017-03-29 16:33:34 

In reply to granite
"curry smells could be got rid of in many ways,extra fans and other forms of ridding the place of unwanted scents."
Absolutely! There are some amazing air purifiers that rid the smell of curry, cigarette smoke and any odor.

kingie 2017-03-29 17:12:36 

In reply to Emir
For curry to taste good you have to cook the spices so hot oil is crucial, can never taste good if you start with a cold pot.....never

Emir 2017-03-29 18:05:19 

In reply to granite

Yes man,I know white friends who use Scoth Bonnet to make their Curry,I think that is what we call Congo Pepper.That racist man is really a man of the 60s and before,nobody makes curry everyday,curry smells could be got rid of in many ways,extra fans and other forms of ridding the place of unwanted scents.

Well said mate. The landlord is racist.

Smoking is worse and the smell is more difficult to get off, there are many ways to get rid of curry smell. Did he ban smokers?

The smell of bacon is the nastiest, did he also ban bacon. What abut the oil fumes from heavy fried chicken, did he also ban that.

Kay 2017-03-29 21:50:43 

In reply to Emir

Did he ban smokers?

The smell of bacon is the nastiest, did he also ban bacon. What abut the oil fumes from heavy fried chicken, did he also ban that.

So who decides what to ban or not? Isn't he the landlord?

Emir 2017-03-29 22:15:42 

In reply to kingie

For curry to taste good you have to cook the spices so hot oil is crucial, can never taste good if you start with a cold pot.....never

Thank you, I acknowledge your post as a sincere contribution to the topic. I am happy to respond.

Your assertion is a proven myth. In hundreds of blind folded taste tests, the tasters could not decipher the difference with very hot oil versus warm oil.

You should try the experiment- make sure everything else is equal- such as seasoning, meat, salt content, heat content, similar pot type etc. wink