The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

PYTHON SWALLOWS MAN ALIVE

Emir 2017-03-29 19:50:38 

And the next morning his friend found the giant 20 ft snake, with the man's booth clearly visible through the snake's swollen belly.

Villagers captured the snake, got a cutlass, cut open the belly and pull the man's body out which was in one piece.

Link Text

Chrissy 2017-03-29 20:47:18 

In reply to Emir

Saw this - what a way to die

Emir 2017-03-29 20:51:44 

In reply to Chrissy

He could have been saved- villagers reported they heard his cries as the snake was wrapping and suffocating him. They ignored his pleas.

Chrissy 2017-03-29 20:53:02 

In reply to Emir

Even worse

tigga 2017-03-30 15:26:06 

In reply to Emir

FAKE NEWS!!

Kay 2017-03-30 15:47:27 

Steeups!!! People eat animals all de time, even snakes.....

methodic 2017-03-31 20:34:45 

In reply to Kay

if I coulda turn into a snake, ah woulda strangle yuh skunt

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-03-31 20:50:11 

is he ok? sad

methodic 2017-03-31 21:09:13 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

I don't think so

bravos 2017-03-31 21:49:32 

In reply to Emir

Don't know if this is true or not,not seeing on any major media streams, but personally if not in water or deep mud etc pal that snake would have a tough time with me..if true he had to be a very small boy-like man,was asleep or totally in shock to stay put and get strangled and eaten by a snake,both ah we woulda been rolling down the road,snakes can't take too much physical action not associated with slithering,coiling and swallowing and are very easy to kill,especially big non-venomous ones.

Even some good short jab in he belly or head coulda do it,it's either you fight for your life or lay down and die,even with a big snake.

methodic 2017-03-31 22:04:58 

In reply to bravos

bro, I think you getting tie up here yes, that facting snake will fact you up in a heartbeat yes. Them snake does eat deer, goat and cattle. You think you stronger than them?

bravos 2017-03-31 22:19:33 

In reply to methodic

Pal no snake eats 'cattle',maybe an odd calf...I think you are the one getting tied up with the great big ole snake story...I repeat unless I'm in water or deep mud with no traction no snake is making a meal of me.

People have punched kicked and gouged the eyes of sharks weighing a ton while in their mouth and survived,you think a 90 kg a snake of thinly distributed weight is stronger than a solid 1000 kg shark in water?

Listen padna if you gonna sit down and give up because your'e terrified and be snake food well good for you. Like I said it's either the man was a boy,was asleep or in total panic and shock.

I am giving you facts and options on surviving such an attack and you telling me bout Cattle and Deer,ok I will go enlighten them..lol..

Like I said it cannot take stomach and head punches,so fight for your life unless you just wish to be a meal,fighting is an option ok bro,even in mud or water.. wink

black 2017-03-31 22:29:05 

In reply to Chrissy

Saw this - what a way to die

He was not swallowed alive, snakes completely suffocate their victims before swallowing them.

bravos 2017-03-31 22:31:04 

In reply to black

So why would you conclude that by her comment just saying "what a way to die" does that mean she meant 'swallowed alive'?? Isn't it horrible enough being bitten strangled and then swallowed anyway? confused

black 2017-03-31 22:33:30 

In reply to bravos

Listen padna if you gonna sit down and give up because your'e terrified and be snake food well good for you. Like I said it's either the man was a boy,was asleep or in total panic and shock.

I am giving you facts and options on surviving such an attack and you telling me bout Cattle and Deer,ok I will go enlighten them..lol..

Like I said it cannot take stomach and head punches,so fight for your life unless you just wish to be a meal,fighting is an option ok bro,even in mud or water

Total nonsense. You cannot possibly unwrap yourself from the coils of a snake that big, not by yourself.

The coils get tighter every time you breathe, resisting will only hasten your death.

methodic 2017-03-31 22:43:18 

In reply to bravos

a snake swallowed a hippo in Africa but regurgitated it. How many times have humans fought off sharks?

Emir 2017-03-31 22:46:02 

In reply to black

The coils get tighter every time you breathe, resisting will only hasten your death.

So you would just lie down and die. No fight back at all.

Why yuh so chupid boy. wink

methodic 2017-03-31 22:49:30 

In reply to Emir

boss, I believe once the snake hold you, your only hope is a miracle unless you can fire off a gun.

Emir 2017-03-31 22:59:42 

In reply to methodic

Bite the snake, little bone, so you teeth can penetrate the skin, you got to try. Blacks will stay put and do nothing.

methodic 2017-03-31 23:05:27 

In reply to Emir

Bite the snake, little bone, so you teeth can penetrate the skin, you got to try.

big grin

bravos 2017-03-31 23:36:56 

In reply to methodic

Never, that was a capybara in South America,I know the story well..I know the vid well,it's an Anaconda..

You want me to post the vid?

black 2017-03-31 23:38:45 

In reply to Emir

So you would just lie down and die. No fight back at all.

Why yuh so chupid boy

I am not telling you not to fight, I'm saying it is useless.

This is an interesting question. Unfortunately, it's not something that has been studied very well. What has been studied are the larger snakes. It is estimated that an anaconda can exert a force of up to 600 psi. A python is estimated at a maximum of 200 psi. Smaller snakes would be much lower. Snakes don't necessarily exert their maximum force under everyday circumstances. Although it hasn't been studied, the hypothesis on venomous snakes is that they would have much lower psi's than nonvenomous ones of the same size. However, this has not been tested. The psi of snake bites just isn't something too many scientists are interested in. I hope the information above will be useful for the project

bravos 2017-03-31 23:49:34 

In reply to black

Ok black well bring on the multitude of similar stories, since snakes easily trap and eat humans and have oil in dey coil....

These are not mystical creatures with super powers ok,you watching too much 'Anaconda',like I said if you wish to be a meal well fine just lie down and take coil,and just stay in the right position for it to coil you enough to be up in yuh breathing timing..

I certainly would be very busy between the initial grab and very clumsy coiling attempt,you on the other hand would assume the position,because it's a SNAKE!!!! Man is,elbow,punch,kick,juk, wood ,stone and bite according to Emir, anything!!

Well if your'e a man the size of a boy well your work will be harder,and even so a fit and determined boy will put up a successful fight,happens all the time Black..

methodic 2017-03-31 23:50:34 

In reply to bravos

yes

bravos 2017-04-01 00:00:09 

In reply to methodic

Anacondas in Africa? And It's a tapir it swallowed,we have them both here too..tapir's about the size of a piglet

And they're clearly speaking Brazil Portuguese..

you can count on me for good info pal.

black 2017-04-01 00:04:06 

In reply to bravos

Ok black well bring on the multitude of similar stories, since snakes easily trap and eat humans and have oil in dey coil....

Humans are not typical prey of constrictors.

These are not mystical creatures with super powers ok,you watching too much 'Anaconda',like I said if you wish to be a meal well fine just lie down and take coil,and just stay in the right position for it to coil you enough to be up in yuh breathing timing.

They are not super strength mythical creatures but they are much stronger than humans.

I certainly would you be very busy between the initial grab and coiling attempt,you on the other hand would assume the position,because it's a SNAKE!!!!

This action is soooo fast, you would not have time to react, once it gets a hold of you.

methodic 2017-04-01 00:15:11 

In reply to black

This action is soooo fast, you would not have time to react, once it gets a hold of you.

This is what I conclude also

bravos 2017-04-01 00:20:43 

Lol like allyuh get eat by snake arredi?

"the action is so fast"? No it is not,maybe the initial strike/bite is,but such snakes are big heavy and clumsy and miss coil many times that's why they bite in so hard and so long until they get the coils in.

Done the myths please.

And Black why aren't humans usually prey for snakes? You better ask the snakes caus you wouldn't believe me,but it's as clear as reading glasses.

methodic 2017-04-01 00:25:17 

In reply to bravos

from the Guyanese I talked to snakes are aware of the retribution they face if they eat humans so attacks on humans have decreased.

black 2017-04-01 00:32:09 

In reply to bravos

"the action is so fast"? No it is not,maybe the initial strike/bite is,but such snakes are big heavy and clumsy and miss coil many times that's why they bite in so hard and so long until they get the coils in

That would be a logical assumption but that is not the case. Snakes usually conserve energy but not in attack mode.

And Black why aren't humans usually prey for snakes? You better ask the snakes caus you wouldn't believe me,but it's as clear as reading glasses.

Snakes generally avoid humans as do all animals but will strike when cornered.

bravos 2017-04-01 00:34:01 

Later guys,gonna feed the snakes now..

Larr Pullo 2017-04-01 06:04:04 

In reply to bravos

I'd love to watch and see a 20 foot Anaconda wrap two coils around you and see how much fight you'd put up.

black 2017-04-01 07:16:45 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I'd love to watch and see a 20 foot Anaconda wrap two coils around you and see how much fight you'd put up.

Bravos strong. lol lol lol

black 2017-04-01 07:21:52 

In reply to bravos

but such snakes are big heavy and clumsy and miss coil many times

That is not the case, they are ambush predators. You won't know until it's too late. You got that perception from watching people mess with snakes, where they have time to react.

Think about it this way, when the snake bites, it's not bringing its body towards you, it's bringing you towards its body. In other words, it's rolling you up like a yo yo on a string. lol

Emir 2017-04-01 07:52:37 

In reply to black

Although it hasn't been studied, the hypothesis on venomous snakes is that they would have much lower psi's than nonvenomous ones of the same size. However, this has not been tested. The psi of snake bites just isn't something too many scientists are interested in. I hope the information above will be useful for the project

There is a consensus in this board: Everyone agrees you are the perfect person to test the scientist's hypothesis. lol

Runs 2017-04-01 07:54:52 

In reply to black

Snakes do not suffocate victims they restrict blood flow which leads to cardiac arrest. cool

black 2017-04-01 07:58:56 

In reply to Runs

Correct, as a result of being strangled.

methodic 2017-04-01 08:06:05 

In reply to Runs

the question is, do you think my brethren Bravo can punch his way out of the python's grip after being hit with the initial blow?

Runs 2017-04-01 08:11:02 

Here are some human encounters

Link Text

methodic 2017-04-01 08:29:27 

In reply to Runs

as far as I see you need help from from someone outside the action to escape.

black 2017-04-01 11:13:32 

It took 5 people to free this guy.

bravos 2017-04-01 13:51:35 

In reply to methodic

from the Guyanese I talked to snakes are aware of the retribution they face if they eat humans so attacks on humans have decreased..

lol

black 2017-04-01 14:01:05 

In reply to bravos

lol lol lol

bravos 2017-04-01 14:05:10 

In reply to Larr Pullo

While he coilin you gotta be wukkin..ignore the bite it's just superficial..

You must attack and fight,or you could wait to be rescued..

Man and anaconda wrangling long time now,fear is the major problem..Snake wrapping man and man slicing it in half normal......

bravos 2017-04-01 14:05:41 

In reply to black

He talk to you? lol

bravos 2017-04-01 14:18:10 

In reply to black

Think about it this way, when the snake bites, it's not bringing its body towards you, it's bringing you towards its body. In other words, it's rolling you up like a yo yo on a string. lol

You watching too much 'Anaconda' again..do me a favor hit your leg the hardest with elbow you can and tell me how it feel and see how long you can do it for,remember these snakes only weigh 90-100 kg..sure they can have their way with many animals but I'm saying a strong determined human not going so easy unless he damned terrified and thus paralyzed and resigned to his fate..

steveo 2017-04-01 14:18:51 

Bravos I know you deal with snakes, but I have felt the weight of a 10 ft anaconda and I can tell you if a 20 footer gets a coil around you, you not going anywhere.

I seen a 12 ton truck run over an anaconda less than 10 feet long and the thing keep moving like if it was a mosquito. The muscles running thru the bodies of those things are like steel. I seen one wrap a cow, and when those things flex, you can see the power of the animal.

black 2017-04-01 14:19:38 

In reply to bravos

I think he talking to Trini Emir. lol

black 2017-04-01 14:25:26 

In reply to bravos

You watching too much 'Anaconda' again..do me a favor hit your leg the hardest with elbow you can and tell me how it feel and see how long you can do it for,remember these snakes only weigh 90-100 kg..sure they can have their way with many animals but I'm saying a strong determined human not going so easy unless he damned terrified and thus paralyzed and resigned to his fate

You used the example of the snake that swallowed the fella. I can tell you, you don't have a prayer against something that powerful. I am not talking about a little 6 foot snake.

bravos 2017-04-01 14:32:31 

In reply to steveo

Bravos I know you deal with snakes, but I have felt the weight of a 10 ft anaconda and I can tell you if a 20 footer gets a coil around you, you not going anywhere.

I seen a 12 ton truck run over an anaconda less than 10 feet long and the thing keep moving like if it was a mosquito. The muscles running thru the bodies of those things are like steel. I seen one wrap a cow, and when those things flex, you can see the power of the animal.

Bro they die very easily ok...they are not mystical creatures with mystical strength,they are very fragile and die very easily..

All I'm saying is if you are grabbed there's much time to fight and survive,that's the difference between life and death,fear factor..how you think men wrestle them for sport etc? No fear and strategy..well I'm saying there are strategies to get released and every broken snake rib will be a point to you..snake scorn injury because the slightest injury can result in serious organ damage.

Also I've seen anacondas hit by motorbikes and killed..no mysterious strength..the strength is in the coiling so from the bite you got to start to work to prevent that.

black 2017-04-01 14:40:46 

In reply to bravos

I think you have been watching too much movies.

bravos 2017-04-01 14:42:35 

In reply to black

the biggest of that particular Burmese breed is 90 to 100 kg...pythons are half the mass of Anacondas,same lengths but smaller girths,a 6 foot snake light and is a an easy to handle pet....

We have to deal with facts bro and the fact is yes a snake can have a better chance at you in the right environments and circumstances,but as a man you have to fight and not be paralyzed by fear,these prey battles take hours,the key is to injure the attacker as much as you can,it's not like a Tiger or big croc that will systematically overpower and maul you until dead,it just holds on and you have a great chance to survive while it tries to position you for consumption..

bravos 2017-04-01 14:48:32 

In reply to black

I think you have been watching too much movies.

On the contrary the movies never show how easily they die..tell me of a movie that shows How easy they die...

I talking from a position of real information..you guys talking from a position of 'de snake big like a big log and de men sit on it'..

black 2017-04-01 14:53:03 

In reply to bravos

Any snake over 10 feet would put you in significant danger. As for the bite, the teeth are facing backwards, you cannot free yourself from that. Dude, pet snakes have killed grown humans.

bravos 2017-04-01 15:04:57 

In reply to black

I know,so you don't wanna pull or tug too much,so you have to work on a couple areas,it's head,eyes,stomach etc..and it's usually small kids and or small and weak people fall victim to this rare occurrence..most of the times the snakes just release humans when they realize they have the wrong prey..

Curtis 2017-04-01 21:33:31 

When I was a yute my grand uncle told me a story about a guy who was cutting grass near a canal with a scythe (I think) - the long handle curved blade instrument. Somehow he disturbed a Kamudi (Guyanese constrictor) who had him wrapped. It is said the grass cutter remembered he had a pin on his clothes and took it and jukked that motherfucking snake in the eye. Well, let me tell you, Mr. Kamudi didn't like that too much. He quickly released Mister. So that's probably why yuh doan hear bout any GT bannas getting swallowed by no snake.

that our bro Methodic can testify to -

from the Guyanese I talked to snakes are aware of the retribution they face if they eat humans so attacks on humans have decreased..

The Guyana Boa Constrictor Association (GBCA) warns its members annually not to mess with muddies.
lol
lol

bravos 2017-04-01 22:20:23 

In reply to Curtis

*************BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guyana Boa Constrictor Association (GBCA) warns its members annually not to mess with muddies.

LMAO! Else is level small pin!!! lol

Dais wat ah talking bout..lighter,pin, bottle cap anything,some hard elbow,knee,heel,foot stamp will do it every time also.! cool