The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jason Mohammed will force his way into all formats

black 2017-04-07 21:47:39 

of West Indies Cricket.

Slipfeeler 2017-04-07 22:01:22 

In reply to black

He should play in all formats, they kept him out long enough, same thing for Imram Khan.

mkcharles 2017-04-08 05:14:19 

In reply to Slipfeeler

No issues with JoMo because he has always been talented. However to say he was kept out long enough is unfortunate.

The most we can say he that he should have been a staple in ODIs even before a Carter because his LIST A average of 40+ suggests this.

There is nothing he has done after 60+ First Class Matches and 3 Centuries and an average of 26 to do justice to his talent.

For me he earns a ODI stating spot on MERIT. Full stop.

Imran, Bishoo, Damien, Permaul? which? or I suppose you will say he is genuine all-rounder

methodic 2017-04-08 05:26:14 

In reply to Slipfeeler

they kept him out long enough,

they absolutely did not keep him out long enough. He has now lifted his game to the level where he commands a pick in all formats. Sometimes or most times it is a process and you can't look at the developed product and conclude it was developed all along.

black 2017-04-08 06:57:16 

In reply to methodic

He has now lifted his game to the level where he commands a pick in all formats.

I saw signs of his game being lifted long ago. The selectors need to pay more attention to player development by giving them more opportunities to display their skills, whether it's selection to the A-Team, Captaincy of selected XI, etc.