The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Holder Seems Dunce Bad ...

Raggs 2017-04-09 11:58:51 

Hope drops one off his bowling which would have been a great catch ball going towards first slip. then the next ball takes an edge and goes to...FIRST SLIP.
Holder fails to put one in.

DIEHARD 2017-04-09 12:07:31 

In reply to Raggs

Chance missed already i guess...I've always felt putting a slip in after the chance has gone is only to appease the commentators lol

That second edge was deliberate it looks like, not a genuine edge like the first.

jen 2017-04-09 12:32:04 

In reply to Raggs

so overtime ah ball go somewhere yo put ah man? Ah who really ah the dunce? big grin

Runs 2017-04-09 12:33:48 

In reply to Raggs

lol

LBW375 2017-04-09 12:36:29 

In reply to Raggs

Give it a rest.

You all blowing it out of proportion.

You all some miserable facters here.

cricketest 2017-04-09 12:42:45 

"seems"

Mr-Anguilla 2017-04-09 13:06:21 

The guy is a square peg in a round hole! Both him and Carlos.

Mr-Anguilla 2017-04-09 13:08:49 

The guy is a square peg in a round hole! Both him and Carlos.

Kay 2017-04-09 13:14:53 

He is now getting a pasting at the death. He is not a death bowler but he is captain so he can tek the ball whenever he wants

Runs 2017-04-09 13:15:56 

Terrible captaincy towards the end

GMA 2017-04-09 13:17:10 

In reply to Runs

Carter. Oh my God

DIEHARD 2017-04-09 13:17:22 

In reply to Runs

Let it all run away at the end..Gabriel should not have bowled out..to leave him and Aljo.

Did so well for around 35 overs.

Kay 2017-04-09 13:22:42 

Man calculated that he can bowl the last 2 overs back to back to get in his 10 until he realised that is against the rule..... smile

Gun_Play 2017-04-09 13:24:34 

In reply to DIEHARD

If he had bowled Carter more in the middle and he got licks ya'll would say he release the pressure.

He tried to squeeze the Pakistan batsman by keeping his best bowlers on... Pakistan batted well.

Can't please ya'll. rolleyes

DIEHARD 2017-04-09 13:29:02 

In reply to Gun_Play

Carter wasnt needed at all.

My suggestion...Aljo should have bowled out earlier, he is naturally more attacking and more expensive than Gabriel.

Can't cuss too much with trying to use Nurse to keep the pressure on, but I think THAT is where HE the skipper needed to step up, and take over from Nurse, and keep the pressure on.

Nurse took a bunch of wickets bowling at the death in the last game, The Pakistani's decided to see him off..think they calculated it was nothing but sweetbread after Nurse bowled out .. lol

Holder backed himself into a corner..hopefully he learns quickly from this..he started out promisingly this game, so that gives some hope..but the way we gave them back the momentum.worrying

azadtnt 2017-04-09 13:31:14 

What have Jason & Carlos done to be the captain of WI teams?
WICB or anyone please try to help me rationalize these confusing selections?
In my opinion they would NOT even make the team. They among others should take time to work on developing their game.
THIS WICB NEEDS SOME PEOPLE WITH BRAIN & COMMON SENSE!!

Cornfused 2017-04-09 13:44:59 

Coming from a good bowler at U19 Holder has regressed . He was a chubby teenager that took three steps at most to bowl around the same speed he is running in now . He swung the ball from those few steps.

We used to complain that Darren Sammy did not merit selection , but he was better than Jason Holder with the ball and bat . Sammy as leader was certainly above both Carlos and Holder. Why are they captains ask the Chairman of Selectors , Courtney Brown.

Gun_Play 2017-04-09 14:21:17 

In reply to DIEHARD

I don't agree.

At 190s for 5 you give the ball to your fastest and best bowler.
You don't keep him back for death bowling. If he gets a breakthrough the inning could be over quickly.

Holder tried that an it didn't pay off.

Keeping your best bowlers back is defensive cricket. I thought ya'll wanted Holder to be more attacking... big grin

Raggs 2017-04-09 14:23:46 

In reply to jen

so overtime ah ball go somewhere yo put ah man? Ah who really ah the dunce?
if you were watching the game you would see that the spell he was bowling was great, good enuff for a fielder to be placed at first slip.

JahJah 2017-04-09 14:35:50 

In reply to azadtnt

What have Jason & Carlos done to be the captain of WI teams?

Acquire Bajan passports.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-04-09 14:45:00 

In reply to Gun_Play

Leff dem man dem all over de place big grin

DIEHARD 2017-04-09 14:51:28 

In reply to Gun_Play

At 190s for 5 you give the ball to your fastest and best bowler.
You don't keep him back for death bowling. If he gets a breakthrough the inning could be over quickly.

Aljo has a better SR than Gabriel..and has taken a 4 fer...the best Shannon has managed is a 3-fer.

The better chance of taking a wicket..the more attacking bowler is Aljo..thats why u give him the ball at 190-4, and not Gabriel, also considering that if Gabriel is introduced..and doesnt take wickets..Aljo is fodder at the death.

Try again..

you like the skipper..not really paying attention
lol lol

Gun_Play 2017-04-09 15:20:35 

In reply to DIEHARD

You're not paying attention.lol

When your captain you don't go by stats.

Gabriel is my best bowler on the day so I give him the ball and tell him get me a wicket.

I'm on top of the opposition, I'm not thinking about who will bowl at the death.

I need my best bowlers on to bowl the team out.

It didnt happen but it's a gamble you must take.

That's how I see it. big grin

DIEHARD 2017-04-09 15:28:43 

In reply to Gun_Play

We can agree to disagree...I didn't see Gabriel as heads and shoulders above the rest..as the best on the day.
Just based on the nature of the two bowlers..Aljo is more aggresive, always looking to take wickets, which is why he so expensive.

Gabriel has become that patient 4th line, odd bouncer bowler in ODIs..i would have bet on Aljo..not Gabriel, we jus reading the game differently.

But at least we both agree..attack was the way to go, we jus disagree on who should have been doing it

cool

Judgement 2017-04-09 15:46:42 

In reply to azadtnt

So true - it is time for the world's most unimaginative, most uninnovative, most unmotivating captain to GO. His exit is well overdue. Not to mention, the guy is one of the laziest in the team during practise sessions, which does not bode well as Captain of a continuously losing side evil evil evil

Where is the pride captaining the great West Indies (or at least even TRYING to bring it back to great). Time to GO!

outside_edge 2017-04-09 22:44:52 

In reply to Judgement

I have also observed his laziness and total lack of motivation; he has limited talent perhaps suitable for first class cricket but nothing beyond that; he is perpetrating a fraud as a test, odi and t20 West Indies cricketer (let alone captain) courtesy of the worst Indies cricket board.

Judgement 2017-04-09 23:17:17 

In reply to outside_edge

Perfectly said. He was a part timer (at best) in the West Indies set up when the Worst International Cricket Board in the world gave him the job of Captain. He would not warrant a place in that team if he wasn't Captain and his record as Captain is atrocious so he is taking up the spot of someone that really deserves to be in the team. It is time for him to go and its time for us to start grooming a new, more energetic, more motivated, more proactive, less lazy, lead-from-the-front type of personality for the role.

WerlBoss 2017-04-11 09:55:32 

In reply to Judgement
Like who? Powell? Stups holder is the best they have for now. He's more experienced and more dependable than the former baseball/cricket player. And certainly less confused

tc1 2017-04-11 10:06:19 

In reply to Judgement

u want to switch,

Who are the all-rounders that are better than Holder in the WI , and post data to show it if you are that smart.

CricketLuva4 2017-04-11 10:21:35 

In reply to Raggs

A captain makes 100's of decisions in a game. He's bound to get some wrong.

Raggs 2017-04-11 10:25:32 

In reply to CricketLuva4

A captain makes 100's of decisions in a game. He's bound to get some wrong.

not the obvious ones tho

analyst-kid 2017-04-11 10:32:51 

I am a big critic of Holder but recently on tactics he has shown improvement.

What he should have done was to try with Mohammed in the middle when Nurse was keeping things tight. Two overs from Mohammed would have given you more room later on and you wouldn't have to be forced to experiment with Carter at the death.

tc1 2017-04-11 10:34:10 

Willow now showing cricket in muti-colors, the game is bump for IPL

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 10:39:36 

In reply to analyst-kid

What he should have done was to try with Mohammed in the middle when Nurse was keeping things tight. Two overs from Mohammed would have given you more room later on and you wouldn't have to be forced to experiment with Carter at the death.

spot on, an obvious miscalculation or gamble on his part..he didnt even need JMo..he should have bowled himself at that point to keep the pressure on.

Nurse has had success at the death...Holder hasn't

WerlBoss 2017-04-11 13:00:35 

In reply to tc1

You hit the nail on the head for me. Judgement don't seem to have interest in anyone but Powell and Powell is nowhere close to Holder in terms of talent and skill. Not saying that Holder is the best eh but he's the best they've got for now.