The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trouble in Windwards Camp

Cuter 2017-04-10 09:30:13 

Breaking News: Regional Cricketer Hospitalized!

Former St. Lucia Zouks spinner and current Windward Island captain Liam Sebastien was hospitalized earlier today. According to sources close to the situation, the Dominican cricketer who was frustrated with a number of occurrences within the Windward Island cricket team, punched a hole trough a glass door. According to sources close to the situation, the player was taken to a local hospital where he was treated for the injury.

The Windward Islands senior cricket team bowled off a regional cricket match against Jamaica on Friday 7th April 2017. The match held in St. Vincent feature a Windward Islands team which has done poorly in recent first class games. Speculation is rife, that squabbles between players and management have resulted in total chaos at the camp. According to sources, these dissensions are as a result of questionable selections made in recent times, and disregard for players within the team.

Link Text

and this

The higher echelons of the Windward Island cricket team have made some head scratching decisions in recent times. The selectors of the make up of the regional team opted to leave out talented West Indies opener Johnson Charles from the first class side. To date, no explanation have been forth coming as to why a player who has been part of the West Indies set up, or, at the very least on the lips of West Indies selectors left out of a team which has been performing dismally.

In addition to this, St. Lucian Keddy Lesporis has also been out of favor with the selectors in recent times. Despite his outstanding performance in the Windward Islands competition, the youngster was ignored for a number of matches and finally selected as a last resort.

St. Lucia sports online understands that Alton Crafton has also found himself out of favour with certain members of the franchise. Information reaching our sports desk is that fellow St. Lucian Julian Charles recently stepped in to ensure that Crafton, who has had success within the four island chain, was kept on in his position.

This and other unsavory occurrences within the camp of the franchise has caused tempers to flare on and off the field. The recent action of skipper Liam Sebastien may only be a sign of protest action on the horizon if the outstanding matters are not dealt with immediately. Sources reveal that at the WICB Professional League Four Day Tournament match currently ongoing at Arnos Vale St. Vincent, the Dominican captain failed to announce his final team before taking the toss. As, such, none of the squad members had any idea what the composition of the final team was before the toss was taken against a Jamaica team that seemed ready and waiting to take on the Windward Islands. Despite this, the Windward Islands team currently lead Jamaica by 125 runs in the first innings.

Link Text

Wasp 2017-04-10 10:05:31 

Sounds like a real west indies side there.

Slipfeeler 2017-04-10 10:17:12 

In reply to Wasp

Man upset after such a great win then could you imagine if he was the JA captain?
big grin big grin big grin

Discourse 2017-04-10 10:26:14 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Speaks to the position he continues to command and his intelligence...trying to punch a hole through glass ???

At some point......something was bound to give

voiceofreason 2017-04-10 10:31:31 

Dominican captain failed to announce his final team before taking the toss. As, such, none of the squad members had any idea what the composition of the final team was before the toss was taken against a Jamaica team that seemed ready and waiting to take on the Windward Islands.

The biggest problem here is Liam Sebastien. He is an ordinary captain/leader and his production has been subpar for too long. This season it has primarily been two batsmen carrying this team: Smith and Ambris. In my opinion this team has been under-performing and too inconsistent under his stewardship.

You naming your team after the toss? That is disrespectful! Pressure buss pipe yes that is why he could not bowl and the joker batted so late.

Narper 2017-04-10 11:06:52 

No wonder Narsingh Deonarine can't even get a chance to carry towel

voiceofreason 2017-04-10 11:59:17 

In reply to Narper

Why you think ? Sebo is the Captain and Narsingh would fit in to his role as batting allrounder.

Drapsey 2017-04-10 12:02:14 

I wonder why Courtesy, the poster who sticks his nose into everybody's business, steering clear of this one.

Cuter 2017-04-11 08:32:34 

In reply to Narper

No wonder Narsingh Deonarine can't even get a chance to carry towel

something is definitely wrong with team selection

Narsingh Deonarine can walk into this team with his eyes closed

CricketLuva4 2017-04-11 08:50:37 

In reply to voiceofreason

You naming your team after the toss? That is disrespectful! Pressure buss pipe yes that is why he could not bowl and the joker batted so late.

Are you even allowed to do that? Shouldn't the toss be awarded to the opposition for that?

Yadi 2017-04-11 11:40:54 

In reply to Cuter

But Jamaica gave the game to them? redface

Judgement 2017-04-11 11:52:54 

It has nothing to do with the fact that Narsingh is injured and awaiting surgery you mean? For god's sake people lol.

Cuter 2017-04-11 12:11:02 

In reply to Judgement

I don't know

I'm responding to Narper

If you have more info then share

Judgement 2017-04-11 12:12:51 

In reply to Cuter

As i said, Narsingh is injured and awaiting surgery, he won't be back till the end of the year. There is no great conspiracy theory like some would like to believe.

Judgement 2017-04-11 12:13:51 

In reply to Drapsey

Lolol leave Courtesy alone, he always has me in stitches big grin big grin big grin

Courtesy 2017-04-11 12:15:48 

In reply to Judgement

Have you ever seen me comment on Windward Islands except to say most of their dung heap cricketers are on social welfare.

Further, I don't respond to garbage posters. You will soon notice this pattern.

big grin

Judgement 2017-04-11 12:22:13 

In reply to Courtesy

Dwl and at least you speak the truth unlike the many hypocrites on here big grin big grin

Larr Pullo 2017-04-11 16:33:21 

In reply to Judgement

probably brain surgery...

doosra 2017-04-11 16:35:07 

In reply to Larr Pullo

u love to jump on certain people

nothing has changed about you
jesus christ

Larr Pullo 2017-04-11 16:39:15 

In reply to doosra

Ah shut yuh thin skinned rass!!! Call out yuf fren dem who always cussing "other" players first!

Judgement 2017-04-11 22:46:05 

In reply to Larr Pullo

probably brain surgery...

DWL that's not a nice thing to say come on now.

Domic 2017-04-12 01:52:51 

In reply to voiceofreason

I often wonder how this guy makes the team. I still have that image of him crashing into the Boundary. Lol