The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Can Dowrich Make Test Team????

Emir 2017-04-10 22:06:10 

But once Test wicketkeeper Shane Dowrich – now with only 51 runs in his last five innings – had his middle stump removed by Primus for eight after an hour at the crease, Pride declined swiftly to lose six wickets for 16 runs in the space of 48 deliveries.

The test squad is supposedly based on the 4 day tournament performance. Based on his performance during this tournament, I say he is in a slippery slope.

Link Text

openning 2017-04-10 22:50:15 

Link, his last test scores

Pakistan v West Indies Test Series - 3rd Testl

jen 2017-04-10 23:01:38 

In reply to Emir

once you did well on your last tour, you automatic for the next year. Always my motto unless yo been out injured and miss series. big grin big grin So before the regional one day was played, guys like Evin Lewis, Shai Hope, Nurse spot been done book from Zimbabwe tri nation as far as me was concern.

CricketLuva4 2017-04-11 06:00:15 

In reply to jen

You ever consider some of these guys raise their game in WI colours? I can remember Shiv failing for Guyana at rhe peak of his powers then going to the test team and peeling off runs.

Runs 2017-04-11 06:38:35 

The crap I read on this MB everyday no longer surprises me. No wonder WI languish near the bottom with the mediocre returns and standards expected of our players which are cheered on by doting fans. Homeboyism at its very best, insularity has destroyed WI cricket.

Emir 2017-04-11 08:26:21 

In reply to Runs

cool

TheTrail 2017-04-11 08:53:34 

I have been saying this for a while...West Indies need a new culture of fans.

It will not get any better...the older folks are set in their ways, and the majority of the younger ones are the followers.

There is an old folks saying in Bim..."Neither one could tell the other one to come back!"

cricketmygame 2017-04-11 09:05:00 

what a dumb thread

openning 2017-04-11 09:09:28 

In reply to Runs

Dude, no fans select any team.
We are all fans with an opinion.
To drop Dowrich because he is failing in the regional competition, and not looking at his last test series, is crazy.
All three players will be selected for the 1st test, the only position that is not filled, is an opener to partner Kraigg.
The selectors have been chopping and changing for decades, it make absolutely no sense to rush a youngster to the International stage, before seeing him at the A team level.
We all know Cornwall is ready, he has earned a call up, Singh also is close to being selected

tc1 2017-04-11 11:15:32 

In reply to openning

this is the same Runs that called regional cricket dung heap and now wants to replaced international runs and players that win the last overseas test match with dung.

real critical thinking by the mob.

shock shock shock

Runs 2017-04-11 11:37:23 

Instead of criticizing me why don't you all do some constructive criticism on your homeboy rolleyes

Judgement 2017-04-11 12:43:45 

Unfortunatley for most, Shane Dowrich is playing in the test team. Just wait and see big grin big grin

openning 2017-04-11 13:04:42 

In reply to Runs

Instead of criticizing me why don't you all do some constructive criticism on your homeboy

Critique a performance yes, Criticize is a waste of anyone's time.

Runs 2017-04-11 13:29:52 

In reply to openning

He needs to make runs, apparently he is badly out of form. wink

Emir 2017-04-11 13:38:37 

In reply to TheTrail

I have been saying this for a while...West Indies need a new culture of fans.

Fans are fans- like customers- they are always right.

Now, what about WI needing a "new culture" of leadership- isn't this more important.

You are criticizing the fans for beings fans- only die hard fans come in here and the more criticism the better because it shows how deep the love of the game is in here. So ironically, the criticism is a measure of a strong fan.