The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Bajan mafia won't allow it but JMo for skipper

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 12:20:49 

To improve our chances of getting to to the World Cup

Make the decision now.. evil

jacksparrow 2017-04-11 12:23:07 

In reply to DIEHARD

Valid suggestion given the circumstances, but only argument I have is why weigh him down immediately with capatincy- let him just bat.

Judgement 2017-04-11 12:25:22 

In reply to DIEHARD

He is too consistent to be ignored and he recently led the WI A team in Sri Lanka. I agree with you, change needs to happen fast or soon we will be behind the likes of Hong Kong and Canada!

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 12:31:33 

In reply to jacksparrow

I have that concern as well..but he performed as A team captain.

I would love to hear from those who know more of him.

We all know WI captaincy is the poisoned chalice, but is he the type who will be able to take on the added responsibility and still perform at this level?

I would love to find out.

rillo 2017-04-11 13:59:15 

So is the WI Captaincy now based on a couple of good innings with either bat or ball? If that is so then Narine can be T20 captain or even Badree?
How about Nurse for captain since he is an allrounder in better form than his countryman?

imusic 2017-04-11 14:04:57 

LOL! allyuh not easy nah lol razz

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 14:04:59 

In reply to rillo

What was Holder's appointment based on?

He had performance with neither bat or ball.

JMo is a regional veteran, who has been performing consistently in the last two years at FC level, he can earn his respect from a young team based on that.

He's probably the oldest member of this team as well.

Holder is a piss poor captain, and we need a new one, and for me Jmo is the most suuited option

aliaskid13 2017-04-11 14:05:04 

In reply to DIEHARD

Why you so eager to kill the man career before it even get started? Leave the man alone and let him bat. He don't need to be no captain. Let them go ahead work with duncy head Holder. It's not like JMo is still young and have time to be yet another poorly-thought experiment. Let the man bat. He's doing a good job and getting better and better. Leave well enough alone.

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 14:08:03 

In reply to aliaskid13

Dude..tempted to agree with you.

But Holder is just so infuriating..I seeing signs of improvement but..man...I just dont think he has IT.

Jmo's character has been showing in his game, regionally he's been the lone hand for TNT, and he has now been doing so for WI, for this and the previous series.

I think it speaks volumes.

I'm curious if he could handle that pressure, he seems to be thriving on the pressure as a batsman

tc1 2017-04-11 14:16:57 

In reply to DIEHARD

What was Holder's appointment based on?

He had performance with neither bat or ball.

if Holder is not captain, who would you make captain and why

aliaskid13 2017-04-11 14:19:45 

In reply to DIEHARD

So we actually reading from the same book here. Right now the way i see it is that Holder needs to improve his game. But Mohammed just starting to show some real consistency. I would hate to ruin it by giving him the captaincy. He's a good solution for our batting problems, but not our captaincy problem.

seaegg99 2017-04-11 14:23:08 

In reply to tc1

Why waste time with some. Jmo just establishing his play, like all the other players. Just cut and burn and let the decline continue. Never support for the youngmen to learn and develop.

tc1 2017-04-11 14:27:41 

In reply to seaegg99
you are so correct, the majority of them never donned a pair of white or colors, don't even know short leg from square leg.

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 14:44:18 

In reply to tc1

you are so correct, the majority of them never donned a pair of white or colors, don't even know short leg from square leg
shock

There's a difference???

Which side da leg side??

twisted

DIEHARD 2017-04-11 14:45:25 

In reply to tc1

My lead post is about who should be captain confused

If you talking about before he was removed..then ..Ramdin should never have been removed.

seaegg99 2017-04-11 14:46:25 

In reply to DIEHARD

Ramdin is history.

timeless99 2017-04-11 16:46:30 

Holder should be removed from captain ASAP.

Larr Pullo 2017-04-11 16:47:53 

In reply to DIEHARD

Correck is right!!!!

Judgement 2017-04-11 18:32:26 

In reply to timeless99

Exactly, he has an abysmal record as Captain and is not a proactive Captain for a start. You cannot afford to be reactive in international cricket and you certainly cannot afford to be lazy in your approach to the team and the game.

Judgement 2017-04-11 18:37:35 

In reply to DIEHARD

I have been saying the same thing. Holder has to go! We have just lost a World Cup qualification thanks to his consistently below par captaincy and people still on here talking nonsense. The experiment has gone on long enough. What infuriates me most is that his attitude at practise sessions seems just as lacklustre. As Captain, you should be the one leading from the front and if he doesn't even do that in their practise sessions, how can we expect him to go out there with a winning team smh.

When Phil Simmons was Coach, you could tell the boys were on a different vibe altogether. Everyone loved their Coach. He was a motivator and had a way with getting the best out of the players (no discredit to Stuart Law). Same again with Jimmy Adams, the players are far more reactive to him and his approach is very positive with the players and nothing like the former Dictator Richard Castro...i mean Pybus. So we are heading in the right direction somewhat, albeit slowly.

Judgement 2017-04-11 18:57:56 

In reply to DIEHARD

Agree, agree and agree!

navindesigns 2017-04-11 20:43:55 

according to inside source the biggest culprit is of them all is ROLAND HOLDER

Judgement 2017-04-11 20:47:02 

In reply to navindesigns

Oh really?! That's very interesting. He is not a pleasant chap to deal with that much i have come to learn.

Baje 2017-04-11 21:19:16 

Not to worry, Law will soon take charge, and you will all have someone else to blame. I guess it is hard to accept that we are not quite good enough. Holder was very economical with the ball and showed that given sufficient opportunity, he can bat as well as the so called batsmen.
Go look at the stats IMUSIC posted.
Just the other day, folks were calling for Kieran to be captain.

Judgement 2017-04-11 22:16:18 

In reply to Baje

Do you feel Jason is effective as a Captain though Baje?

Baje 2017-04-11 22:57:33 

In reply to Judgement
I think that we have a weak team. I dont see a captain making the team stronger. When we have batsmen averaging in the 40s and bowlers averaging in the low 20s with 50 and below strike rate, and we still losing, then I will look at Captain and coach. We are just a young inexperienced and weak time.
Kohli must be the greatest captain ever based on his teams record, with Steve Smith right behind him.

thefacts 2017-04-11 23:05:41 

In reply to DIEHARD

You Brother, are so ON THE MONEY!!!!!!!!

But The Bajan Mafia won't allow it...

Baje 2017-04-11 23:07:23 

In reply to Judgement
Do you think that we have top class players? Personally I think that the role of the captain is overrated. The coaching team prepares the players and determine the strategy. The captain executes the strategy. The idea of some brilliant captain making these magical moves and winning high percentage of matches is fantasy. The best teams go on to the field with a game plan and stick to it.