The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Courtesy's first class cricket social welfare?

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 11:50:22 

256/7
384/6
342/6

These welfare guys cashing in. smile

Discourse 2017-04-16 12:00:40 

Murder she wrote evil

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:13:19 

Dem boys cashing in just not in the way that Courtesy meant.

doosra 2017-04-16 12:16:40 

In reply to voiceofreason

Sebo boys on welfare? big grin

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:18:08 

In reply to doosra

Sebo pon welfare. The frustration caused him to punch out a window with his bare hand. smile

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:19:17 

417/6
375/6
272/7

Courtesy 2017-04-16 12:23:31 

How much runs Windwards make and how much a dem can we invest in test?

big grin

Courtesy 2017-04-16 12:24:58 

In reply to doosra

Sebo boys on welfare?

lol lol lol

And the Windwards board continues year after year to accept mediocrity.

This is not a worthwhile investment...gee de yute a chance.

Courtesy 2017-04-16 12:28:46 

I am reminded by one very esteemed poster that: "they are only performing now so they end on a high so they can continue to feed from the trough for another year."

So profound.

big grin

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:29:38 

In reply to Courtesy

I am reminded by one very esteemed poster that: ""they are only performing now so they end on a high so they can continue to feed from the trough for another year."

Really?

Care to back that up with facts?

Courtesy 2017-04-16 12:31:55 

What percentage of the 105 cricketers can you call to be on your test team and would make a positive impact internationally?

You may wish to take a whole week to draw up a list.

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:32:02 

The system is not perfect. Agree that there needs to be a periodic assessment of retained players to determine if they should continue on retainers. The idea is good but it needs some fine tuning.

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:33:45 

In reply to Courtesy

What percentage of county cricketers are test ready?

Courtesy 2017-04-16 12:35:25 

The system is not perfect. Agree that there needs to be a periodic assessment of retained players to determine if they should continue on retainers. The idea is good but it needs some fine tuning.

Thanks for endorsing that it is a social welfare system.

Our knowledgeable poster tell me to tell you:
"they start worrying whether their contracts will be renewed so they try and get a big performance in."

big grin

Courtesy 2017-04-16 12:38:05 

What percentage of county cricketers are test ready?

That percentage is a lot, a lot, a lot. a lot, a lot, a lot more than the Caribbean. The Brits don't throw away money...and the system invests in overseas players so the domestic cricketers can get some knowledge and experience.

Why you tink you are begging for Jofra Archer?

Do you agree with the above?

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:51:32 

In reply to Courtesy

Thanks for endorsing that it is a social welfare system.

It is a social welfare system if you can prove that the majority of the players are just there for a paycheck. I believe they are a few players like Sebo who abuse the system but can you prove that the majority are just there for a paycheck? Show me some facts and don't jus babble.

"they start worrying whether their contracts will be renewed so they try and get a big performance in.

Who are these players? What scores or how many wickets have they taken this round that proves this theory. How does that match up to their performances in previous rounds. Facts please.

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 12:53:29 

In reply to Courtesy

All I know is that a Pro Brit team recently visited our shores and got outplayed even by our U-19 team. All I know a young Chesney Hughes who flourished in Britain cannot buy a run in the Caribbean.

Come on Bro welfare system?

TheTrail 2017-04-16 13:03:07 

In reply to Courtesy

The Brits don't throw away money...and the system invests in overseas players so the domestic cricketers can get some knowledge and experience.

Not only the Brits - the Indians are doing the same with their IPL.

They fans are seeing some of the best of the best players from Aus,SA, NZ,SL, Eng, and a select few from other nations that does not worth my time mentioning...

Courtesy 2017-04-16 13:52:09 

All I know is that a Pro Brit team recently visited our shores and got outplayed even by our U-19 team. All I know a young Chesney Hughes who flourished in Britain cannot buy a run in the Caribbean.

Come on Bro welfare system?

Cricket on a little 2x4 ground in their off season...and their focus was on enjoying our sand sea and sun. You tink cricket was their priority in the Caribbean?

OK... our territorial sides will go the UK and mash dem up.

Man get real.

Courtesy 2017-04-16 13:54:08 

In reply to TheTrail

I think VOR saw your post and agreed with it.

big grin

voiceofreason 2017-04-16 14:13:21 

In reply to Courtesy

Cricket on a little 2x4 ground in their off season...and their focus was on enjoying our sand sea and sun. You tink cricket was their priority in the Caribbean?

So you are saying professionally contracted players on a pre-season tour with a chance to gain some form for the upcoming season and stake a claim in their first XI and also win a trophy overseas were in the Caribbean just for the sea and sand? Sounds like welfare to me. smile

Courtesy 2017-04-16 14:15:03 

I am saying our territorial sides will beat them all the time. That's guaranteed. And to use this pappy show fete match cricket to judge the standard of English cricket is a proper yardstick.

And to conclude that our dung heap standard is on par with English cricket is right on the money.

Kudos to you.