Cheesey as well

cricketmygame 2017-04-17 16:43:49 

In reply to Larr Pullo

this powell pick is share BS

KOA Powell 8 12 0 342 79 28.50 637 53.68 0 2 0 45 3

8 MATCHES AND NO HUNDRED

voiceofreason 2017-04-17 16:45:01 

In reply to CricketLuva4

I cannot understand you all. Just be decisive and select a team, what the hell is Singh/Hetmyer. It should be either/or.

Brathwaite
Powell
Hetmyer
Hope
Singh
Chase
Dowrich
Holder
Bishoo
Joseph
Gabriel

voiceofreason 2017-04-17 16:47:24 

In reply to cricketmygame

I agree that his selection for the Pres XI was the 'chosen' type as he did not perform but he answered the call with a 58 runout and 82 *. He deserves his selection. I hope Pakistan not setting him up. One thing I can say is that the lefties made a lot of runs in this game so the thinking is that the leggie will combat Shah.

cricketmygame 2017-04-17 16:49:08 

Chase position up for grabs

if he dont do well Fridge waiting

Runs 2017-04-17 16:57:33 

I like that players are being pressured for spots, we cannot have any deadweights on board. This is the only way WI cricket will rise. Merit based selections not homeboyism cool

Runs 2017-04-17 17:06:10 

Hetmyer is one of our more exciting prospects in recent years. I wish the young man well.

googley 2017-04-17 17:08:18 

In reply to voiceofreason

It should be either/or.

why? too many muddies?

mkcharles 2017-04-17 17:18:20 

There are no guaranteed spots in a WI team that has consistently lost games of cricket. The obsession of this board with Fridge always with the suggestion that he should replace Chase is shameless.

Fridge has had some good A team matches and has done well in regional cricket so fair play to him. The man he is to replace has scored a test hundred and has a five wicket haul in 7 teats against India and Pakistan home and away. Apart from that he is one of a few current batsmen that we have with a first class batting average of 40.

We would do well to show some of our players more respect and let the likes of fridge understanding that if he wants to play he has to outperform the man he is to replace.

It's the same argument for JMo to play. He has always been a talented player, but his talent has only ever shone through both regionally and international in 50 over cricket. Yet somehow he is more deserving of a play that Vishaul Singh who has done more in half as many first class matches

The overall first class stats of Chase say it when compared to Fridge and there is no doubt who has the higher ceiling.

doosra 2017-04-17 17:20:47 

In reply to mkcharles

Chase needs to press his case this series

his average is below 30 and 11 wickets from 7 matches does not suggest he's sealed up the 5th bowler spot yet

tc1 2017-04-17 17:28:22 

In reply to Runs

u so predictable, as long as your homies made the team.

Runs 2017-04-17 17:32:41 

In reply to tc1

Am happy for them, well deserved and for your information my homies has not been making this WI team often. cool

mkcharles 2017-04-17 17:35:19 

In reply to doosra

I prefaced my comments by stating that no one is exempt a drop.

I am yet to be convinced that Fridge merits a pick ahead of any in the current team construct. I have watched him both online and live this season and he is a guy that is improving every season.

For him to play in the current team it will require a team reconstruct. He is not yet a front line spinner nor is he a no 6 or 7 for international cricket. He bowls a lot of overs in what is basically a weak bowling unit.

If we can get Holder to bat higher up the order at five, followed by a chase and a Dowrich as the incumbent players then he can slot in at No.8 and provide a more balanced line up. There is a case for him and a Raymond Reifer type to play this type of role but we don't ever thin outside of the box

So my criticism is not against the man himself it is that the board is picking on the wrong horse in Chase. We need more like Chase and Singh in this team, batsmen who can bat 150 and 200 balls. We can start to draw games and eventually learn how to win them.

tc1 2017-04-17 17:36:55 

In reply to Runs

but , you are not happy for others, insisting Chase scores heavily in the dung heap and giving Singh a pass

Runs 2017-04-17 17:43:06 

In reply to tc1

I am surprised at Singh's selection to be honest but he has made runs and big hundreds at that against international class bowling, SL A team and Pak, so am guessing the selectors gave high ratings to those innings. He is lucky coming off a rather disappointing FC tournament but seems to have found form at the right moment. wink
Chase and Dowrich needs to step it up, I never doubted their talent all am saying is that they are out of form. cool

mkcharles 2017-04-17 17:54:03 

In reply to Runs

You may be correct but his left handedness is a big plus against this Pakistan attack.

I had another long look at him during this last innings and he played Shah and co. Very well.

Many of our batsmen lack temperament and tactical acumen more than talent so maybe he is one who will raise his game for the big dance. As always time will tell as there is no hiding in big man cricket.

tc1 2017-04-17 18:06:52 

In reply to Runs

Singh made runs on the A team, Hetmyer and Brooks to an extent, this is why they were included in the tour match.
test runs is greater than A tour matches, A tour prevails over Dung heap matches.

IMO, who get the Nods- Blackwood, Chase, Dowrich, and Singh

Special Talents - Hetmyer, Joeseph, Hope*

Runs 2017-04-17 18:08:13 

In reply to tc1

Are you denying Chase and Dowrich seems to be out of form?

jacksparrow 2017-04-17 18:43:49 

Congratz to Hety and Cheesy, hope Hety can be added to ODI Squad soon

Drapsey 2017-04-17 21:23:23 

In reply to Larr Pullo

So when Blackwood gets left out of the starting XI, the excuse will be that he was exhausted from his trip back from Bim.

Hopefully that will appease the local fans thereby allowing them to come out in their numbers to support the home team.

rillo 2017-04-17 22:56:13 

i have been begging for this kid to be included in any WI team. Finally . That bodes well.
I would have liked to have seen Holder picked for the Pres X1 instead of Roach.
Roach figures showed exactly where and how far he has fallen.
Give the kids a chance and they will perform instead of the retreads.