The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

World Boss Gayle speaks

Narper 2017-04-18 12:53:13 

Chris Gayle: "It was great fun. Good to be back. I wanted this so badly. 10000 runs was on my mind. Badree told me before the match that I am three runs short. It's a privilege to actually be the first to score 10,000 T20 runs. Pleased to get 77 runs. Hopefully we can finish off with a win tonight.

It (10,000 runs milestone) was actually playing on my mind a bit but once I got there, I thought it's time to have a go and it eventually paid off. I have a great bat, the Spartan bat. Virat batted well.

Great partnership between Jadhav and Head. Hopefully the bowlers can utilize the wicket; variation is key on this wicket.

The bat I got to 10000 runs with be in the auction and the money will go to charity. I wanted to use a gold bat tonight (laughs). Look for the Chris Gayle foundation... (he goes on to add that a special gold bat will go to the auctions, too).

(Hitting sixes) is not really premeditated; comes naturally to me. Want to thank all the franchises and West Indies. I want to keep entertaining and get a few more thousand runs."

Link

positiveg 2017-04-18 13:02:25 

In reply to Narper

Thanks Chris, continue to entertain and bat on. Must say really special to have a West Indian reaching this milestone.

ponderiver 2017-04-18 14:39:45 

In reply to Narper

our greatest ever LO player ..... bar none.

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin