The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

“It is difficult to help poor kids in Trinidad.

sgtdjones 2017-04-19 15:01:14 

No more donations for TT
AZARD ALI Wednesday, April 19 2017

C A N A D I A N philanthropist Sam Gualbance, can tolerate no more of what he says is an abusive red-tape at Customs and Excise when he sends gifts to children in need in rural parts of the country. He will now focus his donations to children in Barbados.

The businessman said he experiences no end of stress in getting items he wishes to donate cleared at local customs. He said a package containing socks, toothbrushes, colouring books, pencils, lunch bags, flash light and a toy walkie talkie, took two months to be cleared before it could reach an eight-year-old primary school student living in Biche.

“It is difficult to help poor kids in Trinidad.

There are too many barriers and this is a shame,” said Gualbance during a telephone interview from Toronto, Canada. Gualbance, 61, who migrated to Canada at age 21, from Rio Claro and established an internationally- acclaimed business known as Chelsea Foods Ltd, of which he is president, has been sending donations of toys, books, clothes, shoes and sporting equipment to children for the past ten years.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2017-04-19 15:01:52 

Problemjay

Get ya buddy Growley to do sumting about dis nah.

shock

I will focus on needy children in Barbados, which is a country whose Customs department is much more efficient and compassionate,” Gualbance said.

Che is gonna be happy

Emir 2017-04-19 20:35:39 

In reply to sgtdjones

lol lol

I don't believe this guy. I mean walkie talkies?