The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Solution to IPL probs, Income for WICB players

Slipfeeler 2017-04-20 09:20:34 

WICB should not only allow players to ply their trade in IPL and other lucrative T20 tournaments but also set up a schedule for individual players to play both for IPL and WI. Thus utilizing this agreement as a part of their compensation package since WICB is currently unable to match any professional T20 compensation package.

Again WICB has continued to lose additional income for both themselves and players by their reluctance to regularly provide the cricket-starved lucrative North American market with quality matches, in major cities like: South Florida; New York; Toronto and even Atlanta. This could be utilized to provide both WI senior and A team with much needed international experience and income. I could see our current A team competing well there, especially if many players from the recent President XI team are selected for A team duties.

Slipfeeler 2017-04-20 10:25:46 

If WICB is unable or unwilling to take advantage of the lucrative cricket-starved market then I think it is the responsibility of each regional board to take the initiative by arranging matches between their respective regional teams and North American cricket teams, thus providing their players with match experience and much needed income.

Slipfeeler 2017-04-20 11:40:50 

Regional Boards could contact me directly to arrange matches in Toronto or New York!
big grin big grin big grin