The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

UNFAIR

Emir 2017-04-21 12:40:39 

Pakistan gets to play their best team and we have our B team cause all the stars have been chased away

Can wee blame these young players who are inexperience and ill prepared.

thefacts 2017-04-21 12:47:36 

In reply to Emir

We are stupid enough to be watching

Learn from them Yardies, a near empty stadium, them never pay to watch crap

VIX 2017-04-21 13:30:58 

In reply to thefacts
Which WI territory has crowds for test matches? confused

Devin 2017-04-21 13:33:23 

In reply to Emir

Which stars should be in the current Test team?

googley 2017-04-21 13:35:03 

In reply to Devin

Emir wants ChanderPaul back! lol

SnoopDog 2017-04-21 13:40:50 

In reply to googley

Emir wants ChanderPaul back!

GOPIO to the Worlddddddd!!!!! lol

tc1 2017-04-21 15:51:39 

In reply to Emir

who are the stars you talking about, lara , Viv, Gordan , Dessie, Malco , Holding

Emir 2017-04-22 09:55:14 

In reply to thefacts

We are stupid enough to be watching

I want to support the youngsters, but it would have been so nice if the Chase, the Dowrich, The Vishals, had the opportunity to play along more seasoned pros.

Learn from them Yardies, a near empty stadium, them never pay to watch crap

It is very concerning, empty stadiums is now the norm, it appears that media people number more than fans and even at the recent T-20's and ODI's attendance was poor.

analyst-kid 2017-04-22 10:11:14 

The only seasoned player I would have liked to see with these youngsters is SHIV.

Shiv was not carrying no vendattas with the Board and he had a superior record. Shiv would have been the leader and mentor of these players something similar to the role Desmond Haynes had with young Lara and the others....and look we discarded Shiv like we did Haynes!

Chrissy 2017-04-22 10:13:11 

In reply to Emir

No - blame di Board and some of our lickylicky governments for this mess

Emir 2017-04-22 10:17:14 

In reply to Chrissy

No - blame di Board and some of our lickylicky governments for this mess

To be certain, I put the blame- 101% at the WICBC, the Regional Boards, some journalist and yes, currently the Antiguan Government.

BeatDball 2017-04-22 10:19:35 

Forget about wi stars....I'm going to like this Test team....they'll get competitive.

openning 2017-04-22 10:20:29 

In reply to analyst-kid

Dude, Shiv and Lara did not move us up the ladder, with Shiv and Lara only a few batsman and bowlers, became International Test and ODI stars.
So a 40 year old Shiv, should stay were he is.
I would have had no problem, if during Shiv playing days, we were winning and competing, ala Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.
Shiv at this time, would better serve as a batting coach at the CWI in Antigua.

Emir 2017-04-22 10:22:41 

In reply to analyst-kid

The only seasoned player I would have liked to see with these youngsters is SHIV.

You are missing the point: Had we a decent board, then all the top players over the last 15 years wouldc have been given the proper opportunity to play for WI- but every single top player has been shunned for one reason or the other.

You are fooling yourself if you believe that any of the youngsters in today's team, who make it big in a few years, will not face the same malice as those players who have been shunned and thus prevented from being the best they can be.

archangel 2017-04-22 10:31:37 

In reply to Emir
We need to stop talking about this best team idea especially when talking about Tests. The 'best' team has been losing for a very long time now in the longer form of the game.

Emir 2017-04-22 14:36:54 

In reply to archangel

We need to stop talking about this best team idea especially when talking about Tests. The 'best' team has been losing for a very long time now in the longer form of the game.

So by your logic, we should pick the worse team?

You are not thinking bigger picture- the problem is the WICBC- the Problem is not the players losing a test match or many matches, that is only a symptom of the problem- poor management is the problem.

If the best players are managed properly, if the the administrators were professionals, then everything would have been put in place and there would be a solution (s) for the problems we faced.

We would then win matches, which is the outcome you desire

hawk 2017-04-22 16:24:06 

In reply to Emir

seriously Emir...this is pointless, lets go forward with the team we have, i am not sure if they good enough to beat Bangledesh...but i am hopeful they put up some good performances here to prove progress is happening
All of the Board around world cricket have their flaws South Africa no longer have their best team playing Test but they still get good results, 11 of "best" players gone and we can't beat the number 9 side in the world...who is to blame for that

Drapsey 2017-04-22 16:27:29 

In reply to Emir

Pakistan gets to play their best team and we have our B team cause all the stars have been chased away

Not a fair comparison. At least not for this current series.

Pakistan players are not eligible for playing in the IPL, hence their 100% availability.

Emir 2017-04-22 20:14:41 

In reply to Drapsey

Pakistan players are not eligible for playing in the IPL, hence their 100% availability.

Whatever the reason, they have their best 11.

If they were given the opportunity to ply their trade in the IPL, I bet you their board would work something out so they won't have to choose

mittheimp 2017-04-23 09:08:40 

if all the players that could be available were available then..

Darren Bravo definitely
and maybe Andre Russell and Sunil Narine would be playing... both have had issues not related to the WICB and both have followed the ipl money.

Chanderpaul should have continued a bit longer, but would probably have retired after the Oz or Pakistan away series.

There really isnt anyone else that should be playing now.

Windies now have a very young and very inexperienced side... but there is some promise. What depresses me more than the team is the 'supporters' who seem to care more about players failing. Windies probably have the team the fans deserve.