The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

If Shai Hope plays 22 test matches and averages only 31 then...

Courtesy 2017-04-21 20:01:52 

...he should be dropped pronto.

In fact, he should be dropped with only half the number of these test matches if he does not average 31.

There must be standards set for these young batsmen.

big grin

matchstick 2017-04-21 23:54:02 

In reply to Courtesy

Fantasy novel standards or real standards?

lol lol

mikesiva 2017-04-22 05:47:38 

In reply to Courtesy

His test average is 17 and falling. At this rate an average of 31 is giddy heights for him.
big grin
If he plays the whole series he will have played 10 tests. One more series after that? A tour of England and then review his performance? Or carry him as a passenger for another year?

Courtesy 2017-04-22 06:40:31 

In reply to mikesiva

A batsman fails the standard and his is out. No two ways about it...

In fact, after a batsman has played 22 matches the benchmark becomes the mandatory internationally acceptable higher standard average of 40.

11 matches are sufficient for a batsman to prove his outstanding capability or lack thereof.

If we want to get better at cricket there should be a zero tolerance for mediocrity.

In any progressive organisation there will be a performance appraisal system... fail it and you're off.

No batsman....repeat, no batsman should continue playing international cricket if he can't average 31 after 11 test matches.

Drapsey 2017-04-22 07:20:03 

Seeing that Shai Hope started out his test career as an opening batsman, a batting position in which he is not accustomed, it's only fair to him and, by extension, his adoring fan base that those innings as an opener be removed from the variables used in determining his batting statistics, batting average in particular.

In other words, cry cree, start ova (Jamaican parlance).

So far his batting aggregate and average, batting in his accustomed middle order position, would stand at 2 after only 1 inning.

Let's go Shai, we're not only rooting for you, we're depending on you!

JahJah 2017-04-22 07:23:17 

Who here remembers Sammy and all the courtesies and hexcuses extended to him while he averaged 50 with the ball his entire ODI career? big grin

thefacts 2017-04-22 07:56:58 

THE FACT is.. That Our entire system is rotten.

The Best Players have already moved on from playing Test Cricket for West Indies.

People on this Forum are stupid enough to NOT ACKNOWLEDGE that FACT.

What WI have been left with are, at best, MEDIOCRE PLAYERS!

and here we are fighting over Batting Averages of 17s and 31s.....

Thats where we really are...

--

The Question that we should instead be asking ourselves ..

Can any of our Test players, make any other team in Test world cricket?

The Answer is the TRUTH.

matchstick 2017-04-22 07:59:14 

In reply to Courtesy

In fact, after a batsman has played 22 matches the benchmark becomes the mandatory internationally acceptable average of 40.

Hey Fairy Tale Secretary...

By your standard Gayle and Sarwan would not be Test cricketers!!

Gayle averaged 35 and Sarwan 38 at their 22nd Test!

What a facking idiot you are, jeez. And a full time idiot at that too. I was giving you some credit on April 1st.

SMH!

matchstick 2017-04-22 08:01:12 

In reply to thefacts

The Best Players have already moved on from playing Test Cricket for West Indies.

Let me fix that for you...

"The Best of the crop of Failures have already moved on from playing Test Cricket for West Indies."

thefacts 2017-04-22 08:02:27 

In reply to matchstick

w.r.t

Hey Fairy Tale Secretary...

There is an old saying..

"Never get into a mud wrestling with a Pig....
Reason,....
While Your clothes will get dirty,..
The Pig is having the Time of his Life."

thefacts 2017-04-22 08:03:39 

In reply to matchstick

"The Best of the crop of Failures have already moved on from playing Test Cricket for West Indies."

Well, they were certainly better than this Mafia (and the Revolution Farce before).

But honestly, this state of ours was coming ever since the 2009 Scab Fiasco, when we decided clearly to live in a fools paradise.

Its in 2017, where WI have failed to qualify for Champions Trophy, and maybe even the World Cup. and now are staring at No.9 in Test Cricket soon.
is when we are raising all HELL over what has happened.

But what is happening today, is the result of 8 years (2009-2017)

Raggs 2017-04-22 08:15:57 

In reply to Courtesy

Shai Hope at a batting crease looks far superior than Blackwood standing in that same position.
Hope is pure class and must be given time and more time to develop HIS CONFIDENCE.

shivnotout 2017-04-22 08:20:31 

In reply to Courtesy

dropped anyone who cant score a fifty after eight test.it does'nt matter if he is from barbados or anywhere else lol

methodic 2017-04-22 08:24:42 

In reply to Raggs

I don't see that. In all the young players, Blackwood is the best starter. His eyes gets in quicker than the others. The problem with Blackwood is that he throws away his good starts.

Courtesy 2017-04-22 08:24:54 

Folks, please, please...this thread was not started for idiots to promote your idiocy. This thread and my subsequent posts is as uncomplicated and straight forward as I could get.

matchstick 2017-04-22 08:28:51 

In reply to Courtesy

this thread was not started for idiots to promote your idiocy.

Yet you are the one who started it. Follow your own rule and stop posting Secretary.

lol lol

Courtesy 2017-04-22 08:32:06 

I should add "pou poule" to the group.
Pou poule = matchstick thin fowl lice...it's the international font for the uneducated TABC.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Such a straight forward thread is proving to be problematic for the skunts.

That should keep the uneducated away...well let's see if it does or are they glutton for punishment?

matchstick 2017-04-22 08:49:21 

In reply to Courtesy

In true Secretary fashion.. taking great pleasure at name talking and name calling... Not much pleasure in thinking and rationalizing.

cool

Gayle and Sarwan not Test material! lol lol

Not a single attempt to defend that but full fledged attempt at name calling and name talking!! true to form!
big grin

Courtesy 2017-04-22 08:52:43 

In reply to matchstick

Oh boy!! De uneducated pou poule is back for punishment. The pou poule has now become a vulgar neologism and symbol for the uneducated with a very high CC.com ranking.

De pou poule must also learn not to start name calling if he cannot handle the ricochet.

wink

Courtesy 2017-04-22 09:02:39 

I wonder what's Chanderpaul's aggregate First class runs.

Can de pou poule inform me please.

No double accounting pou poule please.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Discourse 2017-04-22 09:03:23 

In reply to Courtesy

I notice them few days boy you in certain glory. Where the hell did you unearth this...

pou poule

lol

btw, I'm with Drapes here (lhm)

Seeing that Shai Hope started out his test career as an opening batsman, a batting position in which he is not accustomed, it's only fair to him and, by extension, his adoring fan base that those innings as an opener be removed from the variables...

Wasn't fair on the young man

Courtesy 2017-04-22 09:04:43 

In reply to Discourse

Me just telling de trute. Isn't that what de facter is...a pou poule?

lol lol lol

Btw mate, don't get sucked into snide remarks on this MB except if it's coming from Chrissy.

big grin

Courtesy 2017-04-22 09:15:24 

Pou poule gone? Well I hope so...pou poule, the last bastion of low academic and cricketing standards. Good!!!!!

wink wink wink

Raggs 2017-04-22 09:35:00 

In reply to methodic

Shai Hope vs Jermaine Backwood ..Test career-wise...I'm more than 'hoping' for the former.

mikesiva 2017-04-22 10:33:12 

In reply to Courtesy

There's a batsman who's been recalled to this side who currently averages 27.48. He's playing his 21st Test. If he fails to get his average above 31 at the end of the second Test, should he be dropped too?
big grin
If you set the standard at 40, then you will be shuffling one worthless pack of jokers after another.

1) Kraigg - 34 Tests, average 37.52
2) Powell - 21 Tests, average 27.48
3) Hetmyer - debut
4) Hope - seven Tests, average 17.15 (and falling!)
5) Singh - debut
6) Chase - seven Tests, average 29.54
7) Dowrich - eight Tests, average 34.08

By your logic, Kraigg should be gone already! Powell too, and Shai is on the verge of going, while even Chase's position looks precarious. And what do you replace them with? If Hetmyer and Singh are the best that's in the cupboard, maybe we need to accept that there is no point having a higher standard if we don't have higher quality.

You should play your best team at all time, even if it's a batsman averaging 31 from 22 Tests....

Maybe if we weren't in a hurry to drive experienced batsmen into retirement, then we would have someone who could nurture these youngsters in the middle. Pakistan have the 42-year-old Misbah and the 39-year-old Younis in their batting line-up, and we have a bunch of selectors who were way too eager to drive Shiv into retirement.

Courtesy 2017-04-22 10:36:21 

In reply to mikesiva

He has already failed the standard (31 ater 11 test; 40 after 22) and should be no where near this test team.

I don't rate him as a test batsman and should not be aligned to the future of West Indies cricket anyway.

I hope he rides his luck.

lol lol lol

matchstick 2017-04-22 12:09:24 

In reply to matchstick

In true Secretary fashion.. taking great pleasure at name talking and name calling... Not much pleasure in thinking and rationalizing.

Gayle and Sarwan are not Test material!!

lol lol

I am the uneducated one... U must have a PhD in fackry. Congrats on your Doctorate. You are putting it to great use!!

Courtesy 2017-04-22 12:12:15 

In reply to matchstick

matchstick4/22/17 1:09:24 PM
In reply to matchstick

Gayle and Sarwan are not Test material!!

lol lol

Pou poule has gotten fou (mad)...him talking to himself now.

"Those whom the gods seek to destroy..."

matchstick 2017-04-22 12:13:59 

In reply to Courtesy

Great catch there Secretary. I should not be quoting myself ever...

matchstick 2017-04-22 12:16:53 

In reply to Courtesy

Fairy tale, Arm Chair, Secretary, PhD Fackry

Graduated with honors I'm sure... right after you completed your BS

lol

Drapsey 2017-04-24 19:07:27 

Ok, after allowing Hope to start over (he was previously batting out of his accustomed position) he has now amassed an aggregate of 8 with an average of 4.

At least he has improved his average from the 2 in the 1st inning.

Things are looking up!

mitch44 2017-04-24 20:53:46 

In reply to Courtesy
Please watch your Language, or you might be off this board

doosra 2017-05-01 18:38:00 

the googly man wants another 22

bishoo is on 22 btw

Courtesy 2017-05-01 18:53:16 

Guyneez Mad ants on the go boy.

Dey seriously riled up. Allyuh aint see nutten yet.

De shithound Bishoo has to go.

lol lol lol