The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Is Jacobs from Jamaica a leggie?

Courtesy 2017-05-01 17:24:52 

What is his age, can he bowl a googly? Is he willing to learn?

A vacancy exists in the West Indies spinning department to replace the shithound Bishoo.

According to the prolific poster Narper and I am paraphrasing here, there has been no improvement over the years with the current shithound leggie. This depite significant recent investments by the WICB to have a dedicated coach attached to him with the brief of teaching him how to bowl a googly. The reality is he lacls variety.

The first test went by...NO GOOGLIES. Bishoo has bowled 20 sumting overs in this test without even a hint of a googly. That must be very frustrating for the Dhanraj whose reputation as a coach is seriously eroded.

Any suitable leggies may also wish to apply.

doosra 2017-05-01 17:27:10 

In reply to Courtesy

one who can take wickets?

WestDem 2017-05-01 17:28:39 

In reply to Courtesy

While you at it....we also need some real pacers that can tek wickets...we don't need anymore new ball shine remover...I recommend anodda Jamaican...Leveridge! lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-01 17:30:13 

In reply to WestDem

Start your own thread I don't pursue anyone else's s agenda.

big grin

WestDem 2017-05-01 17:32:12 

In reply to Courtesy

Just being honest and adding to the vacant positions....plus 4 of the top 5 batsmen need to be replaced! lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-01 17:35:50 

In reply to WestDem

Just being honest and adding to the vacant positions....plus 4 of the top 5 batsmen need to be replaced!

Thanks for your honesty.

Would you replace Bishoo with Jacobs or any other leggie or would you do the same things over and over again as we have have been doing over the past five years with Bishoo and expecting a different result?

Courtesy 2017-05-01 17:43:16 

And here we are blaming the WICB for not investing in our players.

The WICB makes a 360 degree turn and now absolutely nothing to show for their investment but juicy long hops. This is totally unacceptable.

The WICB cannot throw away good money on shithounds as well as waste Dhanraj's time.

From now on it's a different cricketing ethos...our players have to shape up or will be shipped out.

When players are called to West Indies test side they must be prepared to work hard and deliver in short order.

Dat simple.

Runs 2017-05-03 06:48:01 

This is the reason for the anti Bishoo brigade

Dukes 2017-05-03 07:50:12 

I learnt to bowl the googley when I was about 13 years old.By the time I was 16 I could disguise it pretty well but I never was able to bowl 6 consecutive balls in the right place. On average I would bowl about 2 boundary balls per over. However I took my fair share of wickets though I was overall quite expensive.
Looking back if I had put in the single minded determination needed for success in any endeavor I COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER!!!!!!
A leg spin /googley bowler has to be a strategic thinker and thus needs to be someone of above average intelligence when it comes to cricket.
I have come to realize that the googley is overrated by non-cricketing experts because it is a "
sexy" delivery.

matchstick 2017-05-03 08:23:32 

In reply to Dukes

I learnt to bowl the googley when I was about 13 years old.By the time I was 16 I could disguise it pretty well

Please to link your cricinfo page.

Would be great to find out this youngsters international exploits! big grin

Dukes 2017-05-03 08:30:46 

In reply to matchstick

I was also a brilliant saxophonist when I was 16 years old.Do you want that link as well!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Larr Pullo 2017-05-03 09:32:24 

In reply to Dukes

A leg spin /googley bowler has to be a strategic thinker and thus needs to be someone of above average intelligence when it comes to cricket.
I have come to realize that the googley is overrated by non-cricketing experts because it is a "
sexy" delivery.

A lot of cognitive dissonance present in those two sentences.

Dukes 2017-05-03 10:43:26 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I am sure some people would be impressed with the "COGNITIVE DISSONANCE" reference as it presumes great intelligence but develop your argument please.

Larr Pullo 2017-05-03 10:57:01 

In reply to Dukes

I would not be so presumptuous as to try to match you in intelligence as everyone knows that you are the most Intelligent being ever created on earth and mars, so I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Dukes 2017-05-03 11:00:45 

In reply to Larr Pullo

So all we are left with is "COGNITIVE DISSONANCE"?????

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Larr Pullo 2017-05-03 11:01:45 

In reply to Dukes

"YOU"

Larr Pullo 2017-05-03 11:12:50 

In reply to Dukes

Shadab Khan to Hope, no run, there is the googly. Hope does not pick that. Went back, saw the ball coming back off the pitch and was too late on his flick. Hit on the pad. An appeal, but that was too high

Sexy!!!!

Dukes 2017-05-03 12:10:59 

In reply to Larr Pullo

The two best googly bowlers of all times are both Pakistani. Abdul Qadir and Intikhab Alam can't shine Shane Warne's boots!!!!!!
However I prefer to watch Abdul Qadir over Shane Warne because of the SEXINESS OF HIS GOOGLIES!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Larr Pullo 2017-05-03 12:13:42 

In reply to Dukes

Sexy and overrated or just sexy?

kurios oranj 2017-05-03 12:18:54 

Warnie took 708 wickets at 25.41 without ever deceiving a single batsman with his googly.

kurios oranj 2017-05-03 12:28:02 

In reply to kurios oranj

.....except Sourav Ganguly and Andy Caddick.

spider 2017-05-03 13:02:12 

Even without a google Warne had more weapons than most. The flipper, for example, was deadly. he was also more accurate than everybody else, turned it more than almost everybody else and had more stamina than most.

Larr Pullo 2017-05-03 13:14:48 

In reply to spider

Warne had pace too. That weapon cannot be underestimated.

CricketLuva4 2017-05-03 13:17:26 

A bigger worry for Bishoo than the lack of a googly is his slider. That is a bigger threat for him with his low arm, lots of LBW and bowled to be had if he can get it right. I've seen him get wickets in the early part of his career with it.

Not every leggie needs to rely on his googly to be effective. Yasir Shah certainly doesn't, Imran Tahir does.

WerlBoss 2017-05-03 15:19:13 

In reply to WestDem

Who are these top five batsmen? Tell dem 'we call names round here'

spider 2017-05-03 17:22:33 

In reply to CricketLuva4

Think Bishoo's biggest problem is his control. Bowls too many loose balls. He can turn it a fairly long way and on the days he is in good form he will be dangerous even without a googly. Needs much better control.