The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Fifth day pitch is a spinners delight.

Courtesy 2017-05-03 21:41:22 

Lewwe see if Chase can exploit it.

runout 2017-05-03 21:42:56 

In reply to Courtesy

Rass man Chase? I got My money on long hop luckyshoo!
lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-03 21:46:20 

In reply to runout

Chase is playing on home turf he should be familiar with the conditions on day 5.

runout 2017-05-03 21:50:52 

In reply to Courtesy

Don't you see Pakistan employing their wrist spinners/long hop bowlers to good effect? And they are less experienced than BiSHoo at that venue.

Courtesy 2017-05-03 21:51:55 

In reply to runout

If we had a wrist spinner we could have used him too.

runout 2017-05-03 21:52:53 

In reply to Courtesy

Who is BiSHoo?

Courtesy 2017-05-03 21:53:49 

In reply to runout

A finger spinning leggie. Get it right.

But this thread is not about Bishoo. Do not restrict it to Bishoo lest I be accused of picking on him.

big grin

runout 2017-05-03 21:55:59 

In reply to Courtesy

Dude you sure about that????

This is the firt time it has been mentioned that a leg spinner is a finger spinner.

You try bowling a leg break with your fingers, without employing your wrist?

Courtesy 2017-05-03 21:58:49 

In reply to runout

Check the difference where Yasir places the ball in his hands, and where it leaves at the point of delivery and the use of the wrists when the ball leaves the hand and compare it with Bishoo...and this is what prevents Bishoo from having variety...in particular bowling the googly... the lack of wrist spin.

The wrist work with the ball coming over the wrist is what produces the googly. Bishoo has a very stiff wrist at the point of delivery. The ball never comes over the wrists. It's mainly side spin. His bowling arm if you notice will naturally be lower. Shah will get further to the top. It makes a huge difference.

It's the wrist spin which gets the ball to move in the opposite direction...producing the googly.

Yasir Shah is a wrist Spinner with plenty variety using his wrists to full effect and Bishoo is more dependent on side spin. Bishoo did not learn the art legspin in his younger days and it will be very difficult to do so now. He is an ordinary legbreak bowler fullstop.

This is the first time it has been mentioned that a leg spinner is a finger spinner.

Bishoo is a finger spinning legbreak bowler and that's why he releases the ball further away from his body. There is hardly wrist spin and the ball will hardly move in the opposite direction. It's mainly side spin. Bishoo's midlle, fourth and pinky fingers do most of the work. Shah's index, middle finger and wrist on the other hand do most of the work.

When Shah bowled from around the wicket today it was mainly side spin. He was trying to turn the ball big with little or no variation to his bowling thru the use of the rough where the balls grips more and exaggerates the spin.

Batsmen look for these subtleties in wrist action to decide which ball is coming. Bowlers who can disguise their actions as a result of wrist spin are more difficult to pick.

Runs 2017-05-03 22:01:00 

In reply to runout

This guy professes to be a cricket afficionado and is equating finger spin with legbreak bowling. How d fcuk can one bowl legbreak by finger spin and not employ one's wrist? It defies the laws of physics.

Spuds where are you iyah, please school this dude. lol
lol

runout 2017-05-03 22:04:04 

In reply to Courtesy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3QFwJD7kdQ

Take a look at the ball of the century. Let's talk. Tell me what you see.

runout 2017-05-03 22:05:05 

In reply to Runs

Bro. Sometimes you give them long rope. lol lol lol

Runs 2017-05-03 22:07:38 

In reply to runout

lol Third Person Singular has clearly lost it, I think his Bishoo rantings and ravings led to a complete meltdown. lol

runout 2017-05-03 22:11:58 

In reply to Runs

lol lol lol lol

Bro I don't know. I use to hear about male menopause. But seeing what is going on here I am now buying into it slowly.

Scar 2017-05-03 23:07:44 

In reply to Runs

But what if its a left hander? big grin big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2017-05-03 23:18:13 

In reply to Runs

This guy professes to be a cricket afficionado and is equating finger spin with legbreak bowling. How d fcuk can one bowl legbreak by finger spin and not employ one's wrist? It defies the laws of physics.

Piton Rock Head reminds me of Hillaire we are winning the test by first innings victory.

Ya notice he gorne country after ya caught him.

Yesterday, he was correcting a past West Indies player.Ah was laughing so hard

He wasn't aware who he was talking to. That player is related to Kanhai.

razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2017-05-03 23:20:50 

In reply to runout

Bro I don't know. I use to hear about male menopause

Male menopause is called andropause.

Andropause, or male menopause, is the term commonly used by many physicians to refer to hormonal changes that occur in men as a result of aging.

silver 2017-05-04 08:13:30 

In reply to runout

You fell to the courtesy trap
lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-04 08:18:44 

In reply to silver

lol lol lol

Tete yo wed.

runout 2017-05-04 08:23:41 

In reply to silver

Really? Damn. My bad. lol lol

Every time he makes himself a fool it seems like a trap. Perhaps it is a foolish trap?

Courtesy 2017-05-06 16:05:47 

Bump to expose a pair of asses and their acolytes.

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2017-05-06 20:32:10 

In reply to runout

Just ignore the GIT maybe he will get the hint an go away .

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-08 07:38:34 

Bump to expose sufficiently a pair of asses and their offspring.

lol lol lol

Discourse 2017-05-08 09:03:10 

In reply to Courtesy

a pair of asses and their offspring

lol

U guys amusing yes

Courtesy 2017-05-10 07:01:47 

Where is this thread running to?...expose de ill-informed asses and their offspring a lil' more.

BTW, the entire 5 days at Windsor Park is a spinners delight.

big grin