The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: SPECIAL TICKET OFFER FOR 3RD TEST

CaribbeanCricket.com 2017-05-05 06:03:19 

ST JOHN’S, Antigua -The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) in collaboration with Digicel, will have a special promotion for the 3rd test of the Brighto Paints Q Mobile Cup Series against Pakistan to be held at the Windsor Park Stadium in Dominica. The May 10 – 14 encounter will see the first 100 Digicel customers to purchase tickets receiving a second ticket free.

To qualify customers must present their Digicel phone when purchasing in order to be eligible for this promotion. The purchases utilizing this promotion are limited to one per day. Both tickets received must be for the same match day.

Get your tickets early to secure your spot to witness the tie breaking final Test. West Indies tied the series with a whopping 106 runs win at the Kensington Oval in Barbados.
Ticket information will be posted on windiescricket.com

Full Story

mikesiva 2017-05-12 16:19:21 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

The WICB and its affiliates have to have these special offers, because hardly anyone is turning up. For three days straight, the Dominican radio commentators have been begging for the "crowd" to appear, but all to no avail.

If it wasn't for the school kids, there would be no atmosphere at the ground.

I'm at Norman Manley airport, waiting for my flight. There is one TV screen, and it's on TVJ. I asked the bartender if he'd consider switching it to CVM, so I could watch the cricket, and he just kissed his teeth, and said, "Nobody wan' watch this fool-fool West Indies team!"
lol

jacksprat 2017-05-12 16:49:10 

At Sabina Park I think I counted about 150 people, if that many, in the new northern stand. After the second day,I mentioned to a former high school team mate that I was just returning from Bina and he was surprised - he was not even aware that there was a test match on!