The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Now that I have given Rums and Rumout some lark.

Courtesy 2017-05-05 07:57:39 

Lark = playing possum until you strike at the right time in the kweyol vernacular, bait more or less.

De Courtesy introduces a history of fingerspin vs wrist spin.

The revived art of legspin is on the move again.

A spin-doctor writes.

Rum and Rumout enjoy the nuances.

sgtdjones 2017-05-05 08:43:31 

there is no difference between finger-spin and wrist-spin.

Many people believe that one is easy and the other difficult. But the off-break with maximum spin is just as hard to bowl with control as a leg-break - and it takes greater toll on the fingers. Men like Lance Gibbs and Jim Laker had huge calluses. Warne's problems have been with ligaments; he does not appear to damage his skin so much. The philosophies are the same. It just happens that right now there are more good leg-spinners than finger-spinners.

Hey dufus Piton read the above. It shows how chupid you are.

You search desperately to get this .

razz razz razz razz razz razz razz razz

Discourse 2017-05-05 09:29:20 

I know this ain't for me and not that i thought differently but thanks for the read

...Garry Sobers and Norman O'Neill often blocked half-volleys from the spinners, then launched into stinging drives against seemingly identical deliveries. I thought they were merely resting: block one, belt one. But in 1967 I found myself in Clarrie Grimmett's back garden in Adelaide. He was 75, I was 22. After I bowled two balls at him and he middled them both, he called down the pitch: "Son, give up bowling and become a batsman. I could play you blindfolded!

Nice wink

runout 2017-05-05 10:00:03 

In reply to sgtdjones

This man is very smart...he sets traps, albeit foolish ones, trying to demonstrate his smarts.

Oh well Curshoo, try again. That one didn't work.

Runs 2017-05-05 10:32:03 

In reply to runout

Has a lot of time on his hands, idle bigman lol
Wife probably ran off

sgtdjones 2017-05-05 16:57:07 

In reply to Runs

Wife probably ran off

You blame her hehehehehe

sgtdjones 2017-05-05 17:56:20 

In reply to runout

Smart, the Guy is a GIT

GIT is more severe than twit or idiot but less severe than wanker, arsehole or twat when offence is intended

Courtesy 2017-05-06 11:09:31 

Commentator Sanjay Manjrekar a short while ago while Amit Mishra was bowling his first over of legspin...The following are his exact words:

"You got more bases covered with the wrist spinner which you can't get with the finger spinner."

Sanjay Manjrekar's comment is now on the record in this age of the internet and communication...profound comment.

Hehehehehehehehehehe!!!!

Thank you Sanjay Manjrekar, you know your leg spin stuff.

School Rums and Rumsout, Sanjay...school them.

De Rumbellies might as well be wiped out of the face of this MB or migrate to another part of the Milky way to learn about the nuances of cricket.

De courtesy shall not relent.

The entire universe will be too small for allyuh to hide...jackasses.

big grin

Courtesy 2017-05-22 18:11:35 

Where are you going?....Bump.

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-22 20:04:45 

Bumped for de arses and dunces you don't understand the nuances.

Sanjay Manjrejar: "You got more bases covered with the wrist spinner which you can't get with the finger spinner."

Now dais is a fella who understands legspin bowling.

Allyuh rum fellas want more lark?

big grin

Courtesy 2017-05-22 20:38:03 

"You got more bases covered with the wrist spinner which you can't get with the finger spinner."

Cockroaches and dunces scatter... never to be seen on this thread again. This must contain some pyrethrin compounds.

big grin

jelfew 2017-05-23 05:01:55 

In reply to Courtesy

Boy! you are certainly braying..............like a jackass. big grin big grin big grin

Courtesy 2017-05-23 08:32:42 

Bumped again.

De dunces are still having great difficulty understanding wrist spin and finger spin with regard to leg spin bowling..

De Courtesy explained it great detail in another much earlier post which I will repost when enough lark is had.

big grin

CricketLuva4 2017-05-23 09:04:52 

In reply to Courtesy

I personally find finger spin a much more intriguing art than leg spin. cool

Runs 2017-05-23 12:50:03 

In reply to CricketLuva4

lol

Courtesy 2017-05-23 12:51:07 

In reply to CricketLuva4

But some idiots on my other thread say there are no finger spinning leggies and wrist spinning leggies. I am having a good laugh at the plethora of jackasses here who know absolutely nothing about leg spin bowling..

Sanjay Manjrekar knows better.

Sanjay's unedited quote is above for the world to see and yet, idiots are being born here in uncontrollable proportions.

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-05-23 15:45:16 

Bump again.

big grin