The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Chairman Dave is the real deal

ponderiver 2017-05-05 16:16:20 

His tough decisions are paying off

Just saying

Khaga 2017-05-05 16:28:47 

In reply to ponderiver

He has the fortitude to carry the H&H legacy forward!

Narper 2017-05-05 16:31:03 

In reply to ponderiver

His tough decisions
what decisions...and about what? and paying off how?

WI have very very little to go...but up

Baje 2017-05-05 16:34:52 

In reply to Khaga
Exactly, he is continuing what was started. He just needs a spokesperson (actually a whole P/R team) to vet his communications.

Baje 2017-05-05 16:35:46 

In reply to Narper
In 5 years or so, we will know if it paid off

Narper 2017-05-05 16:48:40 

In reply to Baje

we will know if it paid off

Explain what paid off would mean...ICC ranking...world class players...OZ anxious to invite us to boxing day test match?

Tell me

Have we moved anywhere in the ranking since Dave took over? ALL formats...T20 world cups?U-19 world cup?

When Dave took over...we had a few world class players...now we have none....why are starting from scratch?

POINT 2017-05-05 20:47:37 

In reply to Narper

you have made a very inciteful observation . In essence when you
are at Rock Bottom , there are only two alternatives .

You either stay there or you start
going up very slowly . Frankly , the
fact that WE won a Test Match , should not yet be construed that
We are improving .

The adage :

" ONE SWALLOW DOES

NOT MAKE A SUMMER ".

In my opinion is very applicable
here . Progress requires , consistently Winning Matches . Ultimately ; Time will
Tell whether WE are making Progress or not .

Baje 2017-05-06 00:12:39 

In reply to Narper

In 5 years if it pays off, I would expect us to be #4 or better in all formats

powen001 2017-05-06 13:46:45 

In reply to ponderiver

MAn Ponde..ah luv yuh but..

dont say nuttin.

Slipfeeler 2017-05-06 16:45:39 

In reply to Narper

You see the influence of ONE WIN??
Could you imagine if we win a series then Cameron would be knighted in B'dos and become King of the region!

POINT 2017-05-06 17:00:32 

In reply to Slipfeeler

The truth is that Cameron has been
an Emperor for many years now .
In fact Cameron is the Head Emperor in the WICBC .

That Bastion of Gross Incompetence ; Lacking Transparency ;
Good Governance ; Accountability ;
and due to their Lofty Status ; those in the governance of Cricket are unable to foster Good Relations with the Players .

WE are currently awaiting the Findings of the Wehby Report, another one of the many Reports
the WICBC has commissioned .

The Emperors have a habit of bamboozling the people of the Region into believing that they will
change their 1928 Structure ; when
the Truth is that they have absolutely no intention of doing that.

ponderiver 2017-05-06 23:05:01 

ok chirren leh me spell it out fer yuh

three terms as head honcho...... check
three world cup wins ........ check
no 42 mil to India as i predicted ..... check (yes Khaga...memba dat , oh did i ever tell you about Sabina Park 1976 smile

Got rid of entitled Sammy ......... check

Stood up to the Bravos and Bigfoot ...check

he has done some much needed house cleaning when he restructured the bandits .....check

Peace with Wipa .............check

Disciplined Big mouth Simmo. for his impertinence ...... check

knows how to use twitter ........ check

let me stop here for a moment , that is a an outstanding resume of accomplishments. big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

jigsy72 2017-05-07 13:25:29 

In reply to POINT

It seems like you are having a very big problem with the head of your Cricket board. To me I do believe he is doing ok so far. As far as I can see getting rid of all those greedy money grabbers was the best idea. We were not world beaters with them and right now I see us rebuilding all over again. Give the team time we still needs to give this team time to build , is the president playing for the team no he is the head some times blame the players not the boss. If you are not performing should any critique your boss for that ?

POINT 2017-05-07 15:30:19 

In reply to jigsy72

You appaently are ignorant of the
fiasco in the last Tour to India .
Cameron & the WICBC , rather than
trying to salvage the Tour Cancelled
it .

LEAVING THE BCCI WITH A

MOUNTAIN OF DEBT , TV REVENUE

GONE ; HOTELS LOST MONEY ;

INDIAN CRICKET FANS

DISAPPOINTED .

All this , because Cameron & the
WICBC were not interested in salvaging the Tour .

BTW , THE ACTIONS OF CAMERON

& THE WICBC , WILL FOREVER

BE IN THE MINDS OF SERIOUS

POTENTIAL FINANCIAL SPONSORS .
Who are very serious people and do not like hasty decisions being made
that could be avoided .

Perhaps You are unaware of the fact that the WICBC has commissioned SEVERAL REPORTS regarding the Structure of West Indies Cricket .

Yet the WICBC has bluntly refused
to put in place the salient recommendations of those Reports .
THE STARK TRUTH IS THAT SINCE

ITS FORMATION IN 1928 , THE

WICBC HAS REFUSED TO CHANGE

ITS ARCHAIC STRUCTURE .

Perhaps that is because the current
Structure allows its Members to
govern without TRANSPARENCY ;
ACCOUNTABILITY ; OR GOOD
GOVERNANCE .

BTW , the Regional Governments
are no better than the WICBC . This
is precisely why there must be complete Structural Changes in both the Regional Boards & the WICBC . THEY both need to be brought into the 21st Century .
Now regarding Cameron specifically , as I have stated in
this Forum many times the fact is :

CAMERON IN HIS CAPACITY AS

THE PRESIDENT OF THE WICBC

SHOULD HAVE ASCERTAINED

WHAT LEVEL CONTRACT BRAVO

HAD BEFORE FLAPPING HIS

MOUTH .

The fact that he was unaware of
what level Contract Bravo had demonstrates not only Incompetence ; but also angered
Bravo to the point where he called
Cameron " A BIG IDIOT " .

My take is that both Cameron &
Bravo were wrong ; and the both
should apologise to each other .

HOWEVER THE STARK FACT IS

THAT CAMERON , WITTINGLY OR

UNWITTINGLY WAS THE

INSTIGATOR OF THIS

CONTROVERSY .

jigsy72 2017-05-07 15:38:50 

In reply to POINT I do remember the cancel tour and yes what cause the tour been cancel money. Yes we are very i mature in how we send teams out on your without a contract. I hope the board have learn from this and right now we need to rally around this team and just a hope that plenty of these guys who are doing the t20s never comes anywhere near this team. Right now under Cameron we now have a more professional attitudes with players making more money than before. Do I think he have error in plenty things yes he have but currently he is the best person right now to change the immatureness of plenty of our players and management. I do believe the stake holders were tired of the players treatening and going on strike sometimes you have to the bullets and take chances which we did in Indian, did we learn a lesson yes we did a and very expensive one.

POINT 2017-05-07 15:46:47 

In reply to jigsy72

YOU have failed to understand that
in the Longer Formats of the Game

WE ARE WALLOWING AT OR NEAR

THE BOTTOM OF INTERNATONAL

CRICKET . NOW THIS IS A FACT ;

NOT FICTION .

Sensible persons obviously understand that it is Asinine to say
or state thatit is all the Players fault .
Allow me to enlighten you, since
you seem unaware of the following
fact .

THE DOMINANCE OF OUR PLAYERS

IN THE SHORTEST VERSION OF

THE GAME IN THE INTERNATIONAL

CRICKET ARENA HAD & HAS

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO

WITH CAMERON OR THE WICBC .

They farmed out that version of the
game to Stanford ; an American ,
who hired former Great Players who
were in charge of the Regional version of the Game .

IT IS THE WORK OF THOSE

FORMER GREAT PLAYERS WHO

HARNESSED & HONED OUR

PLAYERS INTO BEING THE BEST

IN THE WORLD .

Cameron & CO bask in the Glory
but they had absolutely nothing to
do with the competitiveness of Our
Players in this version of the game
in the International Cricket Arena .

jigsy72 2017-05-07 15:54:16 

In reply to POINT
Stanford have a lot to do with our players getting the rewards right now. We are at the bottom of the league table now which is good we are building right now. We have a few more years at the bottom, is it Cameron why we are at the bottom no but the players who don't care one bit about our team but themselves, am I happy that they are gone yes I do just hoping that we can build a team with these youngsters they will take us back up to the top again. I remember New Zealand, England and South African rebuilding their teams in the past.

POINT 2017-05-08 17:40:01 

In reply to jigsy72

I take it that you were not & are not
concerned about the fact that
Cameron & Co displayed exceedingly Poor Judgement , by
cancelling the India Tour before trying to reach a settlement with the
Players so that the Tour could
Continue .

My take is that Cameron & the Board were RECKLESS , in their
decision to abort the Tour .

I find it very intresting that you said
nary a word regarding the fact that
the WICBC/CWI Commissioned
Several Reports yet failed to implement any of the salient recommendations of those Reports .
It is my impression that the main
reason why Cameron & the Board
bluntly refuse to change the current
Structure is that it allows them free
rein to be not Transparent ; not
Accountable & uninterested in
exercising Good Governance .

In the event that it may have slipped
your mind the WICBC was formed
89 years ago . Yet it is holding on to
that structure .

Like Kids holding on to their Blankets for Security , Cameron &
the Board are holding on to their
current Structure , for security , because it allows them to do whatever they want regarding the
governance of CRicket in the Region .

jigsy72 2017-05-09 03:02:50 

In reply to POINT

Yes I am concerned about our cricket yes and I would love to see our cricket get back to the top. With some of the recommendations that was made of course I want to see it implemented. But not at once but gradually, for me it's an embarrassment how our cricketers for years continue to hold our cricket to ransom and how a lot of people comes in the forum and rant about the board and no one will say ok the players should be hold responsible. How much time should these players hold the board to ransom continuing going on strike , do you think it looks professional by them and then we get up and endorse what they do because we hate the board. Not everyone loves their bosses but we still do our jobs

jacksprat 2017-05-09 09:31:01 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Pack of jokers, carrying on like this over a single buck-up win.

Such low expectations!

Do you recall 5 years ago when a delusional & arrogant WICB executive was crowing about the team "winning first innings point" in a test match! big grin

It is now closing in on a decade since we were promised, in 2010, a West Indies "star team instead of a team of stars", by said executive, which would have come on stream "in about 3 years' from that bold pronouncement.

How much closer is the team to returning to the top tier since that idiotic boast in 2010?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Cleg 2017-05-09 10:18:54 

In reply to jacksprat

Excellent post!!

Btw,Zim drew their last test series(1-1) with Pakistan and lost the ODI 2-1

..not white washed!

Ewart 2017-05-09 10:51:49 

In reply to jacksprat

Good to have you back!

And, by the way, our Star Teams (Worrell's, Lloyd's and maybe Sobers') did have Star Players in them, didn't they?

//

jacksprat 2017-05-09 11:10:15 

In reply to Ewart

Only in their alternate universe is it possible to have a "star team}" sans "star players". big grin big grin
Cricket is not played in the board room!

A Viv Richards would have no place in this current set-up because the WICB likes malleable, if mediocre, players and Viv was no yes man. So they would have found a way to get rid of him because they couldn't control him.

By the way, I think I will adopt Dowrich as my new favourite player. That boy can bat!!!

natty_forever 2017-05-09 11:18:21 

In reply to jigsy72

If you are not performing should any critique your boss for that ?
... this is a team not performing, who should we look to for solutions?

natty_forever 2017-05-09 11:20:15 

In reply to jacksprat... hence my call for him to bat at 6. So we would then be able to strengthen our bowling.

jigsy72 2017-05-09 11:28:05 

In reply to natty_forever

In football and a team is not performing do they attack the president or the coach or manager? Do I think we make players accountable in the Caribbean I don't think we do. We blame the board.

jacksprat 2017-05-09 11:36:11 

In reply to jigsy72

This team has not been performing for more than 2 decades now. In that time dozens, maybe hundreds, of players have been tried & discarded, with the same result.

This suggests an institutional problem with our cricket and its time the WICB be help accountable for the mismanagement of our cricket.

Who is going to make these dinosaurs at the WICB accountable?

jigsy72 2017-05-09 11:43:10 

In reply to POINT

Yes that's true we need to win consistently but we have to start somewhere. Also when I look at the players that we have now they have to learn on the spot no one is there to teach them and you know when I look at the crop we have now a few more tweaking we will have a competitive team in the future. It's not all doom
And gloom as you put it.

natty_forever 2017-05-09 11:47:22 

In reply to jigsy72... yep, the Manager gets all the cussing. Check Arsenal.

lol

natty_forever 2017-05-09 11:49:25 

In reply to jigsy72

when I look at the crop we have now a few more tweaking we will have a competitive team in the future.
... ever heard of "Deja vu"

jigsy72 2017-05-09 11:50:47 

Yes arsenal and plenty more teams we get up and act like is the board playing and loosing. The players are getting paid for not putting any effort

jigsy72 2017-05-09 11:52:59 

Yes I have but I am thinking positive. Give the guys a break and I can make a point I remember England for years could not find a good team and what they did try players from all over the world , they even ban our players from
Playing into their league look at them now. We have to try and suppor the team not the he board but the team

jigsy72 2017-05-09 11:54:46 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Cameron have made plenty errors and don't be so sarcastic he won't be knighted but for me I do believe that he is trying to build something good to pass on to whoever that is going to take over from him

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 13:25:36 

In reply to jigsy72

t seems like you are having a very big problem with the head of your Cricket board. To me I do believe he is doing ok so far. As far as I can see getting rid of all those greedy money grabbers was the best idea. We were not world beaters with them and right now I see us rebuilding all over again. Give the team time we still needs to give this team time to build , is the president playing for the team no he is the head some times blame the players not the boss. If you are not performing should any critique your boss for that ?

You sir..are very flawed in your thinking.

What has been done/ implemented by Dave Cameron to ensure that we keep our best players going forward?

What makes these players..greedy money grabbers?

The fact that they were offered more money by other employers, and they took it?

Same as Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Lawrence Rowe, Franklyn Stephenson, Michael Holding, Andy Roberts, Malcolm Marshall..and many others..whether with Packer or South African tours.

Let me ask you, Is Daves brilliant plan to just hope that he can find players who are good test cricketers, but not good enough to attract the attention of the T-20 francises worldwide?

Even Darren Bravo, who is no T-20 expert, due to poor treatment, has now been lost to WI cricket, due to Dave's behavior.

So..no one is safe, its not just the money greedy ones it would appear, but the ones who would like a certain amount of respect.

What is the plan to ensure we have players who won't be disrespected?

Whats going to stop us from rebulilding every 2-3 years??

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 13:29:11 

In football and a team is not performing do they attack the president or the coach or manager? Do I think we make players accountable in the Caribbean I don't think we do. We blame the board.

Is this jigsy some young relative of DC??

What point was he even trying to make with that post??

..i can't even lol lol lol

Cleg 2017-05-09 14:00:03 

In reply to DIEHARD

Is this jigsy some young relative of DC??

More like triple Ds` (Dodgy-Digi-Dave)
Granny!

...haven`t seen such BS posts on this MB for sometime and there has been a few.

lol lol

jigsy72 2017-05-09 14:05:55 

In reply to DIEHARD

Thank you sir for your observation but where should I start. Darren Bravo is lost but it's not the board alone why he is lost ,let's look at the fact you can't go on social media when you are upset with your employer that's a no no. There are more professional way of dealing with it and yes the board should have dealt with it much swifter. Currently West Indies cricket need players who want to try and build not just going to get the money yes players in the past did it but I can remember the great Vivian Richard's and he said pride comes before money.

jigsy72 2017-05-09 14:09:27 

In reply to DIEHARD

I am not here to try and take up for Dave . Players need to be accountable also should we pay players for mediocre playing none performance. Plenty of the so call stars what were their averages was the team a world beater or were we the same as now ?

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 14:19:40 

In reply to jigsy72

Currently West Indies cricket need players who want to try and build not just going to get the money

Which memeber of this test squad told you that?

Who was offered more than they could make playing for WI and turned it down to don the maroon..please..tell me.

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 14:22:27 

In reply to jigsy72

Players need to be accountable also should we pay players for mediocre playing none performance. Plenty of the so call stars what were their averages was the team a world beater or were we the same as now ?

Dude..stop..please..you embarrassing yourself.

Uncle Dave got u some data credit on u phone?

The teacher know u on the phone in the back of the class?

When you finish school, you can come back and have a discussion with the grown ups..ok?

Since you have a smart phone..and a data plan..or school wifi..not sure...check the stats of the "stars" and compare them to the players that they've been tryin to use to cover up the stars' absence, and tell me what you get.

FYI..for batsmen..the better batsman will have an average thats a bigger number..than the lesser batsman..for bowlers, the reverse is true...ok??

Cool..good luck

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 14:24:42 

In reply to jigsy72

Thank you sir for your observation but where should I start. Darren Bravo is lost but it's not the board alone why he is lost ,let's look at the fact you can't go on social media when you are upset with your employer that's a no no

Right..and of course we all know the reason you don't do it, is because of the commensurate lifetime ban that comes with social media shade thrown.

Right..

Discourse 2017-05-09 14:47:03 

In reply to jigsy72

Thank you sir for your observation but where should I start. Darren Bravo is lost but it's not the board alone why he is lost ,let's look at the fact you can't go on social media when you are upset with your employer that's a no no

Fair enough, but since you introduced soccer...

Argentina forward Lionel Messi deserved to be banned for two matches for insulting a match official in a World Cup qualifying game against Chile, Diego Maradona has said.

Link Text

...simple you pay the penalty and we move on.

So,

Why are W.Indians being banned for life???

jigsy72 2017-05-09 15:54:02 

In reply to DIEHARD

I am not here to try and take up for Dave . Players need to be accountable also should we pay players for mediocre playing none performance. Plenty of the so call stars what were their averages was the team a world beater or were we the same as now ?

jigsy72 2017-05-09 15:57:50 

In reply to Discourse

Which player is banned for life ? Also I am sorry but don't worry about my data or wifi. This is the problem you can't have a debate and I am willing to have one if you want to. When you talk about average the only player that is not playing right with a good average is bravo and I can tell you one thing you cannot go out and use social media to bring your job in disrepute. And for your information I work for a professional organisation.

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 16:44:48 

In reply to jigsy72

Keep up gawdammit..this is exactly why you not allowed to have conversations with the grown ups.

Names..give names, first and last, no middle initial needed, for example, tell me how Shai Hope has a better average than Dwayne Bravo.

You are the one speaking all manner of garbage about money grabbing stars being left out for the players who are now doing better than their predecessors.

This is the problem you can't have a debate and I am willing to have one if you want to.

You seem incapable..cos i dont see u post one fact, at least you mentioned Darren Bravo's name but which "money grabbing stars" were removed from this test team.

Give me names and stats..to back up your shite.

Which "star" has Dave gotten rid of, and who is the superior or even equal replacement, and btw, which of the three formats of the game you talking about..cos I'll even help you by telling you that..your argument has some credibility, (very little though) in some formats and absolutely none in others lol

If you cannot provide empirical evidence, I will have to assume you just repeating de filth you hear your Uncle Dave spewing.

You should maybe finish your homework first though lol

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 16:49:30 

In reply to jigsy72

When you talk about average the only player that is not playing right with a good average is bravo and I can tell you one thing you cannot go out and use social media to bring your job in disrepute.

The point since you missed it, even though you alluded to what happens in other sports.

No one says its ok, although in this instance, I'd say it is, cos Dave is a big idiot, but i digress.

Lets say we agree it was wrong, now..what is the next step?

How long will Darren be prevented from being selected?

What is a suitable punishment my professional working friend? lol

POINT 2017-05-09 17:20:30 

In reply to jigsy72

If for years the Team aint fully competitive in the International Cricket Arena , DESPITE CHOPPING
& CHANGES regarding Players .

THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS THAT

THOSE IN THE ADMINISTRATION

OF CRICKET IN THE REGION ARE

AT FAULT .

Your God , Cameron runs around
stating that the WICBC is financially
in the Black . If that is the case then
why the Hell are our Players performances for quite sometime
dismal .

THE STARK FACT IS THAT OUR

PLAYERS & TEAM IN THE LONGER

VERSIONS OFTHE GAME ARE

WALLOWING AT OR NEAR THE

BOTTOM OF INTERNATIONAL

CRICKET . NOW THIS IS A

FREAKING FACT NOT FICTION .

Look the WICBC has changed Managers ; Coaches ; Captains
& Players , yet despite this WE
are still at the Bottom .

There has been nary a change in
the wICBC for years . Yes You
will say that Cameron was reelected unanimously , my retort
is that the WICBC relishes mediocraty .

Ewart 2017-05-09 17:54:03 

In reply to jacksprat

That boy can bat!!!

Fully agree. Saw that long time.

//

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 19:09:06 

In reply to POINT

Cho man POINT!!

U go straight in for de kill with stating the obvious..and speaking about decades of poor results.

I wanted to start simple..and let him just explain to me what this particular administration has done that it should get credit for.

Let him start there first, let him jus validate his assetions first..about the money hungry players we've discarded..for those doing no worse than them..I still waiting.

Scar 2017-05-09 20:10:38 

Football is a different kettle as is most other team sports. The managers and coaches, pick players, devise team strategy, make changes before and during games, influence the game chessboard and have total running of the team. Not so cricket.

DIEHARD 2017-05-09 20:19:24 

In reply to Scar

You all have energy..from i hear him trying to compare the two...I realise the lights are on..but no ones home lol

POINT 2017-05-09 21:27:31 

Let me refresh the minds of many
in this Forum .

THE GOLDEN ERAS OF WEST

INDIES CRICKET WERE ACHIEVED

WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM THE

WICBC .

The following factors are mainly
responsible for the Overwhelming
dominance of Our Players & Teams
in the Golden Eras of West Indies
Cricket .

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE

FACTORS HAD ABSOLUTELY

NOTHING TO DO WITH INPUT

FROM THE WICBC .

It must be noted that the Golden
Eras of West Indies Cricket occured
despite the fact that in this Region
WE did not have a Pro or SEmi Pro League . About 5 years ago the People in the WICBC had an Epiphany , so they decided to have
a Pro League .

THE PEOPLE IN THE WICBC NEED

TO TELL THE GENERAL PUBLIC

WHY DURING THE GOLDEN ERAS

OF WEST INDIES CRICKET THEY

DID NOT AT LEAST TRY TO FORM

IN THE REGION A PRO OR SEMI

PRO LEAGUE .

Obviously the Dominance of our Team & Players in those Eras would have made it very easy to
get Financial Sponsors ; to form
either a Pro or Semi Pro League in
the Region .

Unfortunately it never dawned on the people in the WICBC that it was
necessary to have in the Region a
Pro or Semi Pro League .

THE LIMITING OF PLAYERS

PLAYING CRICKET IN ENGLAND

WAS THE FIRST SALVO FIRED BY

ENGLAND .

Those in the International Cricket
Conspitritors , suddenly out of the
blue decided to change the International Tour Schedule .

No longer would Players have the
luxury of getting acclimatized to both the Pitches & the Weather .

IT MUST BE NOTE AT THIS POINT

THAT ALL THE COUNTRIES HAD

PRO & SEMI PRO LEAGUES . WE

UNTIL 5 YEARS HAD NEITHER A

PRO OR SEMI PRO LEAGUE .

Obviously the fact that most of our
Players played Cricket in England &
the Tour Schedule were responsible
for Our Players skills being finely Harnessed & Honed .Their Physical
& Mental Stamina superb .

IT IS THE ABOVE THAT USHERED

IN THE DOMINANCE OF WEST

INDIES CRICKET IN THE

INTERNATIONAL CRICKET ARENA .

POINT 2017-05-09 21:46:11 

THE FACT IS THAT THE PEOPLE

IN THE WICBC WHEN WE WERE

HIT BY A DOUBLE WHAMMY ,( The

limiting of players by England ,&
the changing of the International
Tour Schedule .)

THE WICBC WERE ASLEEP & ARE

STILL ASLEEP . MAKE NO MISTAKE

THEY LOST A GOLDEN

OPPORTUNITY WHEN IN THE

GLORY DAYS OF OUR DOMINANCE

IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET THEY

DID NOT FORM A PRO OR SEMI

PRO LEAGUE IN THE REGION .

So here WE are today , with Our
Players lacking Mental & Physical
Stamina . It therefore is not surprising that in the longer versions of the game WE are at or
near the bottom of International
Cricket .

In my opinion this is a Classic case
of Dereliction of Responsibility by
those in the Worst International
Cricket Board In the Commonwealth

WITHOUT THE SHADOW OF A

DOUBT THE ABOVE IS PRECISELY

WHY OUR PLAYERS & TEAM ARE

WHERE THEY ARE CURRENTLY .

voiceofreason 2017-05-09 22:15:39 

In reply to jigsy72

What happens when these guys want to seek other opportunities? Would they be treated the same? Would they too be banished when they speak out against the administration?

Dave is a Tyrant!

imusic 2017-05-09 22:27:09 

ICC Champions Trophy starts June 1

Advertised all over ESPN

What group is West Indies in? Who do we play?

jigsy72 2017-05-10 02:36:02 

In reply to Scar

Who chooses the players? i thought the current system is a selection pannel that does it.

jigsy72 2017-05-10 02:39:40 

In reply to voiceofreason

There is a correct way and a wrong way of doing it. People should be able to speak up about there feelings and how they want to be treated but not the way how the players have been doing it. Guys its a team and there is no I in a team , how should it be done there should be a structure from the captain, to the manager and then take it from there.

jigsy72 2017-05-10 03:03:18 

In reply to DIEHARD

lets get something straight my friend this is a forum where we can come and have a discussion about our cricket. i don't think you don't need to come and try to be disrespectful lets be able to have a simple discussion about the improvement about our cricket, you want to talk about average Bravo average currently is at 40 and yes i do think the madness with both him and the board is total foolishness and they both need to grow up. right now he Bravo and the board needs to come together and try and sort out where they can go forward in solving this issue. The the new players in my opinion is not yet ready for the team but they have to step up before time because they are needed.I am looking for a team not star players but a team some of these guys will make it and some won't

jigsy72 2017-05-10 03:08:30 

In reply to POINT

Let me say this my friend and i don't want you to think that i am here to act like Dave is the best thing since slice bread. If you have notice i always say to you he made plenty mistakes and he should have had is facts before going live on TV to make his point.Also the players should have done his rebuttal in a more professional manner. what i want to see happening from now on players administrator needs to be more professional and remember that the crickets his not theirs but ours we own it not them. Our leagues needs improving and also the pitches needs to be better , we also need to maybe start at the bottom with grass root cricket and try and attracting more young players.

DIEHARD 2017-05-10 09:55:58 

In reply to jigsy72

I'll ask again..what makes these players greedy money grabbers..more than Lloyd, Sobers, Richards, Croft or any pro athlete?

You classed the players as such

jigsy72 2017-05-10 10:19:54 

In reply to DIEHARD

My reasoning for calling them money grabbing lots are. i once remember sir Vivian stating pride comes before money , i also remember another current playing stating that he can't go to the supermarket and tell the cashier that they are international cricketers and they want groceries..Yes the money that they are getting for playing cricket is not what you will call great but they should remember they are being paid handsomely for what they are doing. There are plenty in the Caribbean that would love to live the life that they which on my part they deserve whatever life that they live, it's their talent that the lord gave them.If you look at some of what cause some of the players to get upset was that plenty of them thought that they were loosing money from tours and that money was going towards the players that were not stars.i do believe that maybe the board should have tried to structure their payment better but again it goes back to what the union had agreed to.I honestly believe that maybe what the boards should have done was maybe try and get sponsors to try and compensate what the players were loosing or it could be that no one really wanted to be part of a loosing side.

DIEHARD 2017-05-10 10:46:36 

In reply to jigsy72

sir Vivian stating pride comes before money

Bullshit..he played World Series..for money ...against the WICB's wishes..talk is cheap, dont watch what he said, look at what he did.

i also remember another current playing stating that he can't go to the supermarket and tell the cashier that they are international cricketers and they want groceries.

Fact, this just makes the player intelligent, this is 2017, he has seen former cricketers unable to live off of past glory.

Yes the money that they are getting for playing cricket is not what you will call great but they should remember they are being paid handsomely for what they are doing.

Most players have a very limited time to earn, they must maximise earnings in the 20 year window, most will have no guaranteed income after retiring from WI cricket, and consider inflation as well, what they earn now, is what they will have to be spending 20 years from now.

So anyhoo, the players are money hungry because of what Viv said?

Dude...this is why I can't with you.

.If you look at some of what cause some of the players to get upset was that plenty of them thought that they were loosing money from tours and that money was going towards the players that were not stars

The players clearly stated, they had no issue with the funds being shared amongst the regional players, the issue they had was with the pay cut, it was not in keeping with what they had in mind, and then the way it was meted out.

You keep talking about respecting your employer that you do not like, how long will you stay in a job where you are treated with contempt and disrespect?

Where your empployer cuts you salary by 50% and doesn't tell you until he sends you away for work to an important assignment, and then, he refuses to have any discussions with you on the mattter, and tells you well, its enough to get to work for this prestigious organization.

Respect ...thats what its all about, respect, integrity, common decency, no one can accuse DC of displaying any of these qualities toward his "employees"

You don't throw away your top performers and run your company into the ground to prove that you dont need them.

Since you want to make a corporate analogy..which DOES NOT apply here.

jigsy72 2017-05-10 10:58:19 

In reply to DIEHARD
When our senior players decided to go and play all over the world, how can our young players learn and from who. They need quality players to play against , yes players need money but if they don't play in our leagues how can they expect to play for the west indies when the rules states that they have to play in the domestic league to be eligible for selection.

DIEHARD 2017-05-10 11:55:45 

In reply to jigsy72

Why they not playing?

YThey have repeatedly ask Dave and his cohorts to strike a balance..the blame cant be firmly placed on one party here.

The admin are supposed to do whats in the best interest of WI crickets, they are the ones reponsible for aligning goals.

Players have the same responsibility you and I have, to take care of ourselves and our families, in any good organization, those in charge seeek to align goals of all towards the organizations goals.

WICB has failed miserably, by destroying their own product.

you refuse to see, so I'm done, you not debating, you speaking gobblygook

voiceofreason 2017-05-10 12:08:28 

In reply to jigsy72

There is also a correct way to reprimand players by putting them before an independent disciplinary panel. Unilateral and dictatorial firing of players is not due process.

jigsy72 2017-05-10 14:01:49 

In reply to voiceofreason

I agree with you totally and if you had notice I have said that clearly there should be a policy stating all this and the correct procedures should be taken place. I can't say if there is a procedure or what it is. On their website there should be all this procedure and process should be there but again the Caribbean is still behind all other countries in the world.

jigsy72 2017-05-10 14:24:42 

In reply to DIEHARD

Yes there should be a balance with both sides but am going to be honest with you what pisses me off. King they all need to compromise the players might need to
Cut back and try to make themselves available to help bring threw these young ones.

DIEHARD 2017-05-10 14:44:15 

In reply to jigsy72

As I said... they made that offer. It was refused. They were told they had to forego entire tournament.

You also have not addressed how they should have reacted to that pay cut.

Btw the WICB cancelled the India tour on the players
Facts

The board refused.

Gather your facts before u come on here defending the indefensible

DIEHARD 2017-05-10 15:06:13 

In reply to jigsy72

Let me also ask..who is worse off for this?

Just the fans...just me and you, you stay there defending the very people who have let you down.

The players are free to maximize earnings, the WICB is profitable (in the short term only mind you) as they have freed themselves of the heavy wage bill of the "stars"

But in the long run, the WICB will be poorer, no more tours of Australia, England or India without the stars, no appearance fees from the World cup, Champions Trophy or other tournaments we will miss out on, no sponsors for a piss poor product.

I turn on my TV and see the stars ..everywhere..making money..playing in front of large crowds..i switch the channel and see 3 men & a dog watching WI...that dog was on a leash..the minute they drop it, he'll be gone lol lol

cricket_jumbie 2017-05-10 23:58:07 

In reply to DIEHARD

I turn on my TV and see the stars ..everywhere..making money..playing in front of large crowds..i switch the channel and see 3 men & a dog watching WI...that dog was on a leash..the minute they drop it, he'll be gone

Oh phuck! U r ruff, Diehard!!!

DIEHARD 2017-05-11 15:11:58 

In reply to cricket_jumbie

But i aint lying doh lol lol

The last dog i saw off the leash at a WI cricket match..was desperately trying to find its way out lol lol lol

voiceofreason 2017-05-11 15:28:59 

In reply to jigsy72

There is already a policy bargained by WIPA but with Wavell in bed with Dave he no longer represents all the players.

jacksprat 2017-05-11 15:42:37 

How materially different is Bravo's case from Gayle's case, from some 5 years ago, when the latter was being victimized by the WICB for 18 months?

Was Gayle afforded a fair hearing before a disciplinary committee?

Was there any outcry from some of these same snake-tongue hypocrites now that Bravo is the object of victimization?

Pacy 2017-05-12 06:23:07 

In reply to jacksprat

Most of them who stood for Bravo also stood for Gayle during his radio outburst. There are a few who align towards their countrymen but most see it as unfair treatment of players.

jacksprat 2017-05-12 07:18:37 

In reply to Pacy

I have some particular hypocrites & jokers in mind. Most posters here of goodwill will support justice & fairness regardless of the passport of the main protagonists.

The double standard and inconsistency of some of these fools is laughable.