The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Online shopping

nitro 2017-05-12 05:45:50 

Is posing a great danger to the economy. One in ten Americans are employed by brick and mortar stores and they are shedding jobs like crazy.

Drapsey 2017-05-12 06:47:40 

In reply to nitro

All Obama's fault.

His administration sat idly by and watched the development through maturity of this economy debilitating industry. But not to worry, the Trusmpster to the rescue.

black 2017-05-12 08:18:50 

In reply to nitro

Is posing a great danger to the economy. One in ten Americans are employed by brick and mortar stores and they are shedding jobs like crazy.

It cannot be stopped. This is no different than the industrial revolution, lots of farmers were put out of business. We just have to live with it and we will.

Capitalism will correct itself.

Sheik 2017-05-12 08:56:08 

DREAMERS,

INFINITE GROWTH IS IMPOSSIBLE ON A FINITE PLANET!!!

CAPITALISM'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!

OH RA$$!!!!

FUNNY AS FCUK!!!!

HA!HA!HA!

SHEIK

PS

CHECK OUT MY THREAD "INFINITE GROWTH IS IMPOSSIBLE..........!"!!!

OH RA$$!!!

FUNNY AS FCUK!!!

HA!HA!HA!

SHEIK

nitro 2017-05-12 09:00:13 

In reply to Drapsey

Very funny bro. This is serious. The internet has a negative impact on employment in my poorly educated opinion.

ProWI 2017-05-12 09:35:25 

In reply to nitro

This Liberal says, we will have to take some of that money going disproportionately to the 1% and, distribute it to that portion of the 99% unable to find consistent work, in the form of a guaranteed income.

Do that or otherwise be prepared to face the inevitable revolution.

Giving everyone access to a gun, under the 2nd Amendment, will not frighten away an an angry, unemployed man who can't get health care and live with the knowledge that his kids will grow up worse off than he is, while fat cats living in multiple fortresses, take more and more out of the economy and, at the same time, destroy the environment.

Darkness 2017-05-12 09:57:35 

In reply to nitro
its creating as much higher paying jobs as the low paying jobs being lost. I can tell you for a fact there is a shortage of engineers in the tech sector in Canada. Move on or you will get left behind, its all part of evolution.

camos 2017-05-12 09:58:59 

In reply to nitro

so what happen to the thousands of people now working in fulfillment centers?

It is just an adjustment in the distribution system.

Darkness 2017-05-12 10:00:41 

In reply to ProWI

This Liberal says, we will have to take some of that money going disproportionately to the 1% and, distribute it to that portion of the 99% unable to find consistent work

you are talking nonsense and targeting the wrong people. Do you know how hard many one percenters and 0.1 percenters work to accquire wealth? Most of them are self made through hard work so wheel and come again.

If you want to target, then, target the ones with power - the 0.01 percent.

nitro 2017-05-12 10:01:24 

In reply to ProWI

So we should increase tax on those selling online and redistribute to the poor?

Isnt that going to make people just sit and live off welfare?

nitro 2017-05-12 10:04:22 

In reply to Darkness

So we should incentivise folks to retrain for jobs that are in demand!

I agree.

StumpCam 2017-05-12 10:58:19 

In reply to Darkness

its creating as much higher paying jobs as the low paying jobs being lost. I can tell you for a fact there is a shortage of engineers in the tech sector in Canada. Move on or you will get left behind, its all part of evolution.

Make everyone a engineer! Problem solve! evil

BeachBum 2017-05-12 11:59:43 

In reply to black

It cannot be stopped. This is no different than the industrial revolution, lots of farmers were put out of business. We just have to live with it and we will.

Capitalism will correct itself.

So you saying my coal mining job ent coming back? sad cry

conman 2017-05-12 13:39:58 

In reply to Darkness

Nobody is self made

NO ONE

You are in a society and got wealthy based on the securities of the society, you owe it to society to pay back, if not, then society collapses

Darkness 2017-05-12 18:09:33 

In reply to conman

Nobody is self made

NO ONE

You are in a society and got wealthy based on the securities of the society, you owe it to society to pay back, if not, then society collapses

what kind of granularity tangent are you going off on? With that argument you will end up in an infinite loop. Lets talk practical ok?

And how do you know that one percenters do not give back to society in many ways? Do not jump to conclusions.

Darkness 2017-05-12 18:17:46 

In reply to StumpCam

Make everyone a engineer! Problem solve!

That is not the point, the point is that success in any thing whether financial or happiness or any field comes through sacrifice, dedication and commitment - hard work.

To become an engineer or a doctor or a good musician or what have you is hard work!

To many people look at others and bitch because of the success they me perceive those "others" have, without realizing the hard work it took.

What is killing society is the feeling of entitlement. The online thing happened because people worked hard to develop the technology, it makes life easier and will kill some jobs. Instead of people bellyaching they should get off their entitled ass and at least try to sweat a bit!

I like the idea of a guaranteed minimum income but that will not change a thing and will in fact increase the feeling of entitlement for most people!