The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Us Fans should

dayne 2017-05-13 07:36:31 

Us Fans should start a movement to get Bravo back in the WI team. Letters requesting " Action " should be sent to the Caricom Ministers and WI Board Members to get to work on the Bravo/Cameron issue, why screw up WI cricket over what could be considered as ego issues. Cameron needs to polish up his act and stop making comments about the players in public, which led to this issue starting.

Ray123 2017-05-13 07:47:06 

In reply to dayne

I agree with you that this is a ego issue and should have been solved asap. But I'm also disappointed in the manner at how young Bravo handled it. They were both wrong and have let this matter go on for too long. The president should have apologized for his inaccurate statement and so should Bravo. End of story.

I feel for Bravo because the longer this goes on the harder it will be for him to get back into the team.

Emir 2017-05-13 08:18:11 

In reply to Ray123

Let me ask you this: Who is more important to WI cricket Bravo or Cameron?

Let me also ask, shouldn't the President of the WICBC be held to a higher standard? If Bravo was childish, why is that deserving of banishment?

In any democracy, leaders- in business and government, leaders can and are called names and faced criticism. And they accept it as part of their job without prejudice.

In Dictatorships- like North Korea, Pakistan, Chins, Saudi Arabia you can go to jail for criticism of the leaders, this is how the WICBC is behaving.

Cameron should be grateful he has a job and he collects a fat salary, he is being given a massive favor thanks to the sweat and blood of the cricketers.

He produces nothings whatsoever, and if he were to drop dead now, it will have no negative impact on the team or our cricket

Unlike Bravo, his absence in the team is hurting us badly.

Drapsey 2017-05-13 08:27:24 

In reply to dayne

Us Fans should start a movement to get Bravo back in the WI team. Letters requesting " Action " should be sent to the Caricom Ministers and WI Board Members to get to work on the Bravo/Cameron issue, why screw up WI cricket over what could be considered as ego issues. Cameron needs to polish up his act and stop making comments about the players in public, which led to this issue starting.

All it takes is for the LITTLE IDIOT to apologize to the BIG IDIOT for describing him as such in public forum.

Go ahead, Bravo, apologize. No one says you have to mean it!

I wish all conflicts were as easy to be resolved.

DIEHARD 2017-05-13 08:33:06 

In reply to Emir

Well put Emir...Ray expects a 20 sitten year old boy to be the more mature person in a dispute wid a tough grayback 50 odd year old man.

Cameron mother must be shame o him..or maybe is she spoil him suh why him have no conscience evil

Ray123 2017-05-13 09:05:12 

Fortunately or unfortunately, Cameron is the boss and his stupid outburst will only make him look bad.

Bravo should have just stated the facts without insulting his boss. That's common sense.

You cannot expect to insult the boss and not expect consequences.

Ray123 2017-05-13 09:17:44 

At 28 years old and you do not have the understanding that insulting your boss on a public forum is not the smartest thing to do is a lack of common sense or a carefree attitude.

Both parties are wrong but no one wants to admit it.

Instead of taking sides we need to encourage both of them to apologize and get Bravo back in the team.

mittheimp 2017-05-13 09:20:13 

The sad thing is Bravo batting at 3 would make this team significantly stronger and get the batting the experience equired. windies forever shooting feet.

Star 2017-05-13 09:34:30 

In reply to Ray123

At 28 years old and you do not have the understanding that insulting your boss on a public forum is not the smartest thing to do is a lack of common sense or a carefree attitude.

If you think a tweet of "Big Idiot" is deserving of the type of punishment meted out to Bravo without following the proper process, then you are the one lacking common sense.

Cameron is a reflection of most degreed Caribbean folks who hold positions of authority.

Most decisions by these people lacks rational thought, logic and common sense. The Cameron decision re Bravo falls into this category.

Ray123 2017-05-13 09:56:33 

In reply to Star

Are you not reading what I'm writing. I'm not taking anyone's side they are BOTH wrong.

If you believe his actions were just. I dare you to go on a public forum and write something insulting about your boss.

Doesn't make sense to you right? Because I'm sure you want to keep your job (assuming you have one).

Do not justify and encourage bad behavior. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Stop taking sides, get both parties to apologize and get our best batsman back in the team.

I hope that made it clear for you.

DIEHARD 2017-05-13 12:16:11 

In reply to Ray123

Stop de shite.

De man is not him boss.

The man is the WICB president.

DM Bravo had a contract with the WICB.

When u hire a lawyer..or any other professional? You is him boss??

OR him have the right to decline u work and look elsewhere for a paycheck..which Bravo has done.

DIEHARD 2017-05-13 12:19:22 

In reply to Ray123

One wronger Than de other!!

Thats wht you need to realise...one has the greater responsibility to WI cricket.

That person needs to fix the situation..I'll give u a hint..that person is not Bravo

Ray123 2017-05-13 12:32:44 

In reply to DIEHARD

That sounds so juvenile and stupid. No wonder we as a people can't get pass a simple dispute.

For the sake of west indies cricket I hope I'm wrong.

Ray123 2017-05-13 13:01:46 

In reply to Ray123

Let me try to make this as simple as possible for you DIEHARD.

He is the president of the WICB, you are contracted by the WICB. Therefore, he is in charge or has authority over the institution that has hired you. Hence he is the man in charge (since you don't like the term boss).

Ps.. you can fire your lawyer at anytime hence you are the boss.

Baje 2017-05-13 13:05:22 

A path has been laid for Bravo to get back into the team if he wants to. Clearly, he is not very interested in playing.

Priapus 2017-05-13 13:32:59 

In reply to Baje

The team will be HOPEless if he ever gets interested in playing again for WI.

DIEHARD 2017-05-13 13:38:56 

In reply to Ray123

What is his responsibility as president of the WICB?

What is Bravo's responsibility as a professional cricketer?

The answer to those two questions should guide you as to who needs to fix this and ensure Bravo represents WI again

Baje 2017-05-13 13:48:00 

In reply to Priapus

The team will be HOPEless if he ever gets interested in playing again for WI.

You guys just cant seem to stay on topic

gvenkat 2017-05-13 17:20:07 

Bravo is with KKR. Even with or without an apology, He would not have been playing here. You Wondians think your cricketers will give up free money to play Tests?

Priapus 2017-05-13 17:27:00 

In reply to gvenkat

You Wondians think your cricketers will give up free money to play Tests?

Free money? That sounds like the language of a bookie.