The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Another one for nitro...

Drapsey 2017-05-16 20:40:45 

Press freedom group rips Trump for suggesting Comey jail reporters

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press says President Trump "crossed a line" following reports Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to considering jailing journalists.

A bombshell New York Times report published Tuesday revealed that in a February conversation in the Oval Office, Trump asked Comey about that the president asked Comey about jailing reporters who leaked classified information.

They just keep on coming.

Dan_De_Lyan 2017-05-16 22:35:57 

In reply to Drapsey

nitro gone country...

Drapsey 2017-05-17 09:50:46 

Finally some good news for nitro...

Gregg Jarrett: Comey's revenge is a gun without powder

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States.  Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey.  (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361)  He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law. 

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ?  If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.

As per FoxNews anyway.

BeachBum 2017-05-17 10:47:04 

In reply to Drapsey

Isn't that what his buddies from Russia and Turkey do? No press! No transparency!

Drapsey 2017-05-17 11:02:31 

In reply to BeachBum

With one difference for the Donald, FoxNews suffices as the 'free' press.

nitro 2017-05-17 12:12:35 

In reply to Drapsey

Good news for me bro?

I am very concerned about the meeting with the Russians. Yes the President can declassify intelligence reports but to the Russians?

This is disturbing.

I hope he can clear this up because i love his policies.