The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The Invisible Man has become very Visible

POINT 2017-05-20 12:52:10 

In the North Lankashire & Cambria Cricket League . Batting at # 5 ; Peters amassed a total of 233 off 112 balls ; to help his Team Lindal Moor achieve a
record breaking total of 426 for 6 in their 50 overs against Vickerstown ; Peters former Club .

His 233 included 29 fours ; & 10 sixes . This was the best in any League since its formation in 1920 ; bettering the 215 scored by Workington's Simon Beare in the 2005 Higson Cup Final .

Earlier in the week Peters stroked his
first century to help his Team beat Millon by 37 Runs . Peters hit 11 fours & 5 sixes in his 110 score .

In Millon's reply Peters took 4 wickets for 38 runs .

Source : The Vincentian Newspaper
of Friday 19th.May 2017

It is indeed interesting that while he was in the Region , the Windward Island Cricket Board decided to make him Invisible , by refusing to select him .

Narper 2017-05-20 13:10:32 

In reply to POINT

Didn't I read he was assisting Michael Holding with his training session with Windwards fast bowlers?
Link

openning 2017-05-20 14:37:15 

Peters On The Rampage In League Cricket

POINT 2017-05-20 16:46:26 

In reply to Narper

That was prior to his departure to
England . Some years ago , he played League Cricket in England , and got to be the Vice Captain of the Team he played for ; before returning to SVG .

He was never treated well in the Region , which is precisely why I started calling him the Invisible Man
because he was abandoned by the Jokers in the Windward Islands Cricket Board .

In the early nineties , there was an U-19 Test Series , between the West Indies & England , the matches were played in England .

At the end of the Series , Devon Smith was adjudged as the best Batsman & Kenroy Peters , the Best Bowler . Incidentally , was the English Pace Bowler James Anderson , who currently has the record for being England's Top wicket taker for pace bowlers .

While Kenroy Peters was made to suffer in obscurity , James Anderson talent was nurtured , harnessed & honed .

I fear that Sunil Ambris will suffer the same fate as Kenroy Peters , the stark truth is that while some Players will get many opportunities ,
Sunil Ambris will only get one chance , and then suffer in obscurity .