The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

More Valuable to WI cricket-Cameron or Bravo?

Emir 2017-05-23 07:33:30 

In no other society in the world, perhaps except for the dysfunctional PCB, will a "President" of their cricket board make himself beyond criticism that player will be banned for calling him an idiot.

It shows Cameron has this old school African king mentality- Idi Amim style.

Link Text

Drapsey 2017-05-23 09:52:57 

In reply to Emir

Cameron, but only because he is the current (and for the next two years or so) President of the WICB/CWI.

Star 2017-05-23 10:12:18 

In reply to Drapsey
You surely did not understand the question.

Bravo is more valuable to WI Cricket.

Cameron is more valuable to the WICB.

Drapsey 2017-05-23 10:15:16 

In reply to Star

Oh, I see the difference.

Star 2017-05-23 10:21:20 

In reply to Emir
It is the plantation mentality and it is more prevalent in the Caribbean.

Modern managers use rational thought, logic and common sense in dealing with certain issues and a little psychology in the mix to bring about a resolution.

In Bravo's case, management lacks that level of intellect that allows the individual (in this case the "BIG IDIOT") to rise above the fray.

Once again, it is a Caribbean thing.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 10:50:30 

In reply to Star

There's no west indies cricket without wicb

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 10:51:53 

In reply to Star

Yea it's a Caribbean thing and yes Donald Trump is the president of the Caribbean.

openning 2017-05-23 11:17:59 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Yea it's a Caribbean thing and yes Donald Trump is the president of the Caribbean.

They are three branches of government, that will keep Donald in check, plus the people has a vote in 2018.
Not one member of the WICB, seem to have the balls to speak in public against DD and his board.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 11:34:51 

In reply to openning

True about branches of government but Donald didn't have that at Trump towers

buds 2017-05-23 11:42:04 

In reply to Emir

Its time to move on from the indigent Bravo and get on with the business of WI cricket..Bravo screwed himself..Call out the boss; get your ass grassed!

Kay 2017-05-23 11:45:29 

Don't agree to their table talk Bravo..... stay put and hold out and keep feeding the lawyer.

In the meantime a few of the youngsters would get a chance to prove their worth. I feel confident that one of them will cement their place before you come to terms and realize what a 'small idiot' you are..... smile

bobby 2017-05-23 11:48:32 

In reply to Star
The point really is that no due process was followed. There is a disciplinary committee in place to deal with these issues. Neither Cameron nor his lackey Directors have the authority to discipline a player and take food out of his mouth. Too many posters here comment based on their likes and dislikes, which has nothing to do with the situation.
There is Right and there is Wrong. Unless it is Putin's Russia or China, there must be due process.

openning 2017-05-23 11:57:45 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Donald is like a Used car salesman, sold plenty lemons to the people of the USA
DD and the WICB, still in the days where the ruling class controls every thing, can you imagine after 20 years of failure, guys like Conde and others, think a few Crumbs will quiet the fans.
The BCA, TTCB, JCA, LICA, GCA and WI, boards need Bulldozing, thats the only way, to change the structure of the WICB.

jacksprat 2017-05-23 12:33:29 

In reply to bobby

Neither Cameron nor his lackey Directors have the authority to discipline a player and take food out of his mouth.

Wrong!

The WICB is a private body, as they are quick to remind us, that answers no one, except for its director.

High-handed behaviour did not start with Cameron, nor will it end when he demits office.

There is ample precedent for what is transpiring with Bravo, but we tend to corral our outrage depending on the identity/passport of the protagonists.

Again I ask: how different is the impasse between Bravo & Cameron than the Hillaire/Gayle imbroglio when there was a de facto ban on the latter for some 18 months?

Some of the hypocrites who are now supposedly outraged now by the conduct of the WICB were noticeably silent when Gayle was similarly denied due process.

Principle or Personality?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

bobby 2017-05-23 12:49:55 

In reply to jacksprat
Private or public is not the point. Do they have the legal right? Every company is set up with Articles of Association and Rules and Regulations that govern its operation. Even the WICBandits.
A bad precedent has been set in the past and there is no sane reason for it to continue. That is why they will pay Bravo some warm money if this goes to Court. And that is the sticking point right now. Compensation for wages lost.
And that is why cricket fans who really care must stop the insularity and pettiness.

POINT 2017-05-23 12:58:53 

In reply to Star

In my opinion , Your Comment is TRUE.

THIS IS WHY I CALL THEM "THE MIMIC

MEN " WHO RELISH BEHAVING EXACTLY

LIKE THOSE WHO FORMED THE WICBC

IN 1928 .

The only difference is that those who founded the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth were of a different pigmentation .

IT AINT SURPRISING THAT THIS CURRENT

LOT HAVE BLUNTLY REFUSED TO

RESTRUCTURE THE WICBC DESPITE

COMMISSIONING SEVERAL REPORTS .

THE BIG IDIOTS LIKE THINGS EXACTLY AS

THEY ARE .

NO TRANSPARENCY ; NO ACCOUNTABILITY ;

GOOD GOVERNANCE IS A BAD WORD ; THEY

LOVE IT JUST LIKE THAT .

They are also supported by the majority of Persons in the Region who claim to be Sports Journalists .

That being the case there is absolutely no incentive for them to change . WE are currently awaiting
the Report from the Wehby Commission .
I have no doubt that Report will be deep sixed like the others . It is preposterous that the BCCI; a Private
Entity like the WICBC could be taken to Court , its officials verbally slapped around by the Judges of the India Supreme Court .

IT IS VERY INTERESTING THAT THE

SUPREME COURT OF INDIA REMOVED BOTH

THE PRESIDENT & THE SECRETARY OF THE

BCCI .

It is high tine for the Governments in the Region to act regarding the
Maladministration of Cricket in the Region .

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 12:59:39 

In reply to jacksprat

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

Correct. And you didn't call out Gayle then nor Cameron now.

I wonder what Gayle, Cameron and jacksprat have in common?

Oh!
Principle or Personality? 
and nationality big grin

jacksprat 2017-05-23 13:08:07 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

See if you can keep up: I did not "call out" Gayle then, for the same reason I do not 'call out' Bravo now- I support the stance of the players against the WICB and believe in due process.

I know your thinking is a bit fuzzy but that should not be beyond even your comprehension!

Even before Cameron assumed the presidency I was on record of not supporting his candidacy; he is part of the discredited status quo.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 13:45:00 

In reply to jacksprat

Your attempts at calling out Cameron are at best feeble. But like courtesy in reverse you screamed at HHGS : ugly Bajan and a st Lucian

Drapsey 2017-05-23 14:15:34 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

I'll defend jacksprat on this Cameron thing anytime.

He was the first one I recall, even before Chrissy, to cast doubt on Cameron's suitability for the position of President.

As I recall, the first one to cite Cameron's association with Kensington CC and benefit(s) derived from Digicel. Hope I'm not misrepresenting you on this item, jacksprat.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 14:27:37 

In reply to Drapsey

Anudder yardie vouching for a fella yardie?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!
big grin big grin big grin

jelfew 2017-05-23 14:50:51 

In reply to POINT

What I Find curious is that Cameron was able to go back unopposed as President of WICB. Is it that no one cared enough about WI cricket to oppose him at the Poll? Are they waiting for WI cricket to self destruct and then try to pick up the pieces? I certainly hope that WI cricket will be built back before is is destroyed. Yes I know you will say that it cannot happen under this 91 year old structure but I am hoping anyway even if I am hoping against hope. It is the game and the institution I love dearly and I don't want to see the game destroyed, whether under this, or any other administration. I am a sentimental fool, not a lackey.

imusic 2017-05-23 14:52:34 

'll defend jacksprat on this Cameron thing

He was the first one I recall, even before Chrissy, to cast doubt on Cameron's suitability for the position of President.

I don't know if he was the first, but as far as I can recall, jacksprat has been consistent when it comes to his opposition to Dave Cameron as WICB President

Drapsey 2017-05-23 14:56:12 

In reply to imusic

Thank you.

Emir 2017-05-24 07:13:40 

In reply to Drapsey

Cameron, but only because he is the current (and for the next two years or so) President of the WICB/CWI.

Drapes, you beginning to worry me? How can Cameron be more important, without him, WI cricket will prosper, he is collecting a fat salary for free, he is s cancer.

Without Bravo, we cannot win consistently, he is our premier batter and he is need badly in our team.

Cameron occupies a post that is not needed, it is a freebie, in fact he can be fired tomorrow and the only impact will be a savings of his salary to the finances of WI cricket.

The WICBC can disappear tomorrow and it will have on negative impact in WI cricket.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-24 08:53:26 

In reply to Emir

If wicb disappeared who will run icc sanctioned cricket?

ray 2017-05-24 08:58:19 

bobby has a very valid point....there is no system in place to deal with this situation, it just seems like it operates at the whim and fancy of the Pres

jacksprat 2017-05-24 09:55:31 

Is crab climbing crab-back, in a crab-quarrel,

And going round and round in the same barrel,

Is sharks with shirt-jacs, sharks with well-pressed fins,

Ripping we small-fry off with razor grins;

NOTHING AIN'T CHANGE BUT COLOUR AND ATTIRE

THE SPOILER'S RETURN - Derek Walcott

POINT 2017-05-24 10:01:10 

In reply to Emir

YOUR QUESTION NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

BY THE CHARLATANS IN THE REGION WHO

CLAIM TO BE SPORT JOURNALISTS .

They however are afraid to be critical of the Emperors in the WICBC , because they are devoid of any Testicular Fortitude .

Obviously this makes them a large part of the Problem regarding West
Indies Cricket . This has been going on for many years now .

What is truly sad is that they do not believe that their Cowardice is responsible for Our Players Fortunes
in the International Cricket Arena .

cry cry

Raggs 2017-05-24 10:04:09 

Is Bravo Jnr a Brian Lara ? Maybe in one 'S' and not the other. Style vs Substance.

Kay 2017-05-24 10:27:27 

In reply to Emir

Without Bravo, we cannot win consistently, he is our premier batter and he is need badly in our team

Are you a madman? Bravo has been around for the past 7 years and played around 50 test matches, how consistently have we won with him?

jacksprat 2017-05-24 10:41:16 

In reply to Kay

Bravo has been around for the past 7 years and played around 50 test matches, how consistently have we won with him?

How consistently have we won with Cameron and the rest of the WICB cabal over the past 25 years?

Cleg 2017-05-24 11:51:33 

In reply to jacksprat

How consistently have we won with Cameron and the rest of the WICB cabal over the past 25 years?

We won the 2004 Champion`s Trophy

...the 2016 T20WC.

...IN SPITE OF THOSE 4SKINS smile

jacksprat 2017-05-24 11:58:58 

In reply to Cleg

We won some trophies 12 years apart and that suggests consistency to you?

And by the way, the WICB had very little to do with the 2 men's senior T20 trophies!

Cleg 2017-05-24 12:31:23 

In reply to jacksprat

We won some trophies 12 years apart and that suggests consistency to you?

HUH??
....I thought I was agreeing with you.

And by the way, the WICB had very little to do with the 2 men's senior T20 trophies!

I did say ...IN SPITE OF!

Kay 2017-05-24 15:44:37 

In reply to jacksprat

Who said that and why do you think I even care?

Chrissy 2017-05-29 19:30:20 

In reply to Emir

Clearly not Cameron

POINT 2017-05-29 19:55:45 

In reply to Chrissy

I thought that would have been very obvious to most people in this Forum .
Evidently that aint the case .

My recollection is that Cameron was in the WICBC when it lost money through
Stupid Lawsuits .I believe that this
matter with Bravo is going to be just another financial disaster for Cameron & Co .

This is why the WICBC coffers are so depleted that it has no money to make
our Players fully competitive in the
International Cricket Arena .

This is precisely why in the longer versions of the game ; our Players are wallowing at or near the Bottom
in the International Cricket Arena .

WerlBoss 2017-05-31 12:09:36 

In reply to buds

I agree with u buds but somebody gotta end this thing. Cameron lettin this thing go on for too long. Bravo showing that thes not backing down Cameron saying that he's not either. Meanwhile cricket games got to be played and we still can't find a solution to this problem.

POINT 2017-05-31 12:13:54 

In reply to openning

I get the impression that either Someone stole your nom de plume , or you have possibly had a Saul on the Road to Damascus moment . If it is the
latter - CONGRATULATIONS .

POINT 2017-05-31 12:18:28 

In reply to WerlBoss

Ultimately the Court is going to settle the matter . My take is that
the WICBC & Cameron will not only have
to pay Bravo & his Legal Fees and an
Order to reinstate Bravo will be issued .

Drapsey 2017-05-31 13:18:24 

In reply to POINT

Ultimately the Court is going to settle the matter . My take is that
the WICBC & Cameron will not only have
to pay Bravo & his Legal Fees and an
Order to reinstate Bravo will be issued .

I certainly hope you're correct on all counts.

And when Bravo comes back, I certainly hope he does well, because if he doesn't we'll have to listen to you complain that the BIG IDIOT is at fault for keeping him out of the game during his peak.

SirGarny 2017-05-31 14:05:41 

In reply to jacksprat

Some of the hypocrites who are now supposedly outraged now by the conduct of the WICB were noticeably silent when Gayle was similarly denied due process.

Bang On!!! wink