The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Some of u need this - Warne the finger spinner?

Andy99 2017-05-23 13:15:55 

Lol but seriously despite the cricketing dunce to understand the basics of spin bowling, there are some good stuff in there.

Spin/Swing first. Work on that then accuracy.

Don't let ur spinners be an afterthought.

Always have a plan.

Must watch.

Courtesy 2017-05-23 13:50:26 

In reply to Andy99

About 15 minutes into the video will give you a wonderful illustration of using the wrist to bowl the googly.

This is why wrist spinners can bowl the googly and the finger spinners only the leg break. If you are prepared to learn watch this video.

16.15 is where you want to focus on wrist spin and the googly. The googly cannot be produced without the use of the wrist. There is a reason why this type of bowling is called wrist spin. You are using your wrist to get the ball to spin the other way. Many variations can now come for you as a leggie, with the use of your wrist.

And I have said it before, this is why Bishoo has difficulty bowling the googly: (i) His bowling arm position is too low (ii) he does not use his wrists sufficiently.

But I will not be surprised If after seeing the video allyuh still cannot understand the difference. Warney has demonstrated this beautifully in this video. Facting dunces.

Dis done.

big grin

sgtdjones 2017-05-23 14:51:41 

Please do not attribute Courtesy's stupidity to his being a St. Lucian. I have been telling you all from day 1, that the guy is a rank idiot--and that is all on him.

Courtesy JOJO

lol lol lol lol

jen 2017-05-23 15:00:29 

In reply to Courtesy

I use to bowl leg spin, and thinking you can't bowl a google with a low arm is not true. I use to bowl all the variations with a lower than normal arm. Bowling with a lower arm allowed to extract lots more turn than a higher action. Trust me when I say this, no one spun it bigger than me. Unfortunately, I bowled many ah donkey drops sighhhhhhhh

CricketLuva4 2017-05-23 15:07:06 

In reply to jen

With a lower arm, wouldn't you be more skiddy too? Especially if you're a shorter gentleman (like Bishoo).

Courtesy 2017-05-23 15:31:55 

Courtesy 5/3/17 10:58:49 PM
In reply to runout

Check the difference where Yasir places the ball in his hands, and where it leaves at the point of delivery and the use of the wrists when the ball leaves the hand and compare it with Bishoo...and this is what prevents Bishoo from having variety...in particular bowling the googly. The lack of wrist spin.

The wrist work with the ball coming over the wrist is what produces the googly. Bishoo has a very stiff wrist at the point of delivery. The ball never comes over the wrist. It's mainly side spin with his fingers. His bowling arm if you notice will naturally be lower. Shah will get his bowling arm further to the top to facilitate the wrist spin. It makes a huge difference.

It's the wrist spin which gets the ball to move in the opposite direction...producing the googly.

Yasir Shah is a wrist Spinner with plenty variety using his wrist to full effect.

There is a lot more to expose de skunts where this post came from. And de Courtesy never saw the Warney's Video before today.

big grin

doosra 2017-05-23 15:35:21 

In reply to jen

when i bowled leg spin my attempt at the google was from the longest extension i could possibly get...infact i used to bowl alot of full tosses because of that

doosra 2017-05-23 15:36:09 

In reply to CricketLuva4

i prefer the lower arm for the flipper because i want skid ...

for the googly i want bounce so i go higher

jen 2017-05-23 16:00:36 

In reply to CricketLuva4

Naw, with proper leg spin, once you do it well you will get bounce. Bishoo problem is the bowling across the seam takes away so many benefits. Usually its harder to be accurate spinning on the seam so I guess that's why he uses the other grip. Once you lace the ball with plenty overspin, that ball gonna bounce.

Nowadays I bowl off spin, sometimes I get balls up to head height. I'm about 6 foot and put loads of revs on the ball. Turn my off breakers a long way too, when the pitch have a lil wear. With leg spin, coulda spin it on any surface.

conman 2017-05-23 16:15:17 

In reply to Courtesy

finger spinners only the leg break

wut?

Courtesy 2017-05-23 16:19:50 

In reply to conman

Brother, we are restricted to leggies on this thread.

"You get more of your bases covered with wrist spin..."

conman 2017-05-23 16:27:58 

In reply to Courtesy

how do you bowl leg spin with your fingers?

break it down, which finger is causing the revs?

Courtesy 2017-05-23 16:33:43 

In reply to conman

There is a video link in the opening post for reference.

Warney says: "...the easiest grip for me...and this is purely leg spin is that two fingers down and two fingers up..."

Follow de damn video. It's a master class.

Allyuh getting on like dunces who don't understand English language.

conman 2017-05-23 16:35:12 

In reply to Courtesy

thats how you grip it

the grip is all for having the best release for the wrist to do the work

still no fingers causing the spin

Courtesy 2017-05-23 16:39:20 

In reply to conman

thats how you grip it

the grip is all for having the best release for the wrist to do the work

still no fingers causing the spin

Yes right!!! "no fingers causing the spin..." Move on mate...move on.

Warney: "That spinning finger there to pick it up like this to help you spin the ball... and this is purely legspin..."

...of the Bishoo variety I must add.

Thanks for the time. You cannot con dis Courtesy even if you try.

big grin

Runs 2017-05-23 16:54:24 

In reply to conman

Exactly, the dude is reading the experts comments about the art of bowling legspin and drawing his own consclusions from the theory. Obviously he never tried it as that would have put all his, "spin" to rest. lol

conman 2017-05-23 16:56:34 

In reply to Courtesy

before i reply to runs

have you ever bowled leg/finger spin before?

Courtesy 2017-05-23 16:57:38 

In reply to conman

Take an educated guess.

conman 2017-05-23 16:57:50 

In reply to Courtesy

no
and i ask b/c runs came up with that conclusion

i wanted to hear from you instead of guessing

Courtesy 2017-05-23 16:58:40 

In reply to conman

lol lol lol

That con guess was expected.

Time to move on mate. You're watching a video from Warney and still talking shoite.

FuzzyWuzzy 2017-05-23 17:33:41 

Wait!!!! Are wrist spinners expected to not have fingers?

By the same token pacemen have to use their fingers too. So can we classify them as fingerspinning medium to fast? Wait they also use their wrist so dem ah wrist spinning fast bowlers?

big grin big grin big grin big grin

Seechy 2017-05-23 17:34:12 

Who remembers this stunning flying catch? big grin

Andy99 2017-05-23 17:53:50 

So question to the cricketing dunce, Courtesy, are Bishoo and Warne these finger spinners that u talk about and Shah the wrist leg spinner?

Courtesy 2017-05-23 18:01:24 

In reply to Andy99

Now that you have mellowed a bit, let me answer you.

There are pure finger spinning leggies of the Bishoo variety.

There are leggies with big finger spinning leg breaks but can also bowl wrist spin of the Warney and Yasir Shah variety.

And pure wrist spinners like Amit Mishra, there are one or two more Indians and the guy from South Africa whose name escapes me. The pure wrist spinning leggies do not spin the leg break very big but they will beat you with variety... "they cover more bases" as Sanjay Manjdrekar would say.

The pure wrist spin leggies also get the googly to turn big.

nick2020 2017-05-23 18:08:10 

Why can't this be resolved?

jen 2017-05-23 18:17:56 

I can back up courtesy with that the are some leggies who use more wrist and some more fingers. The ones who combine wrist and fingers will be the ones who extra the most turn. The strict finger ones will get more pace and bounce off the pitch.

openning 2017-05-23 18:24:22 

In reply to jen

Imusic on KB, started at the junior level
He is now batting at 0 for 2, he also has Jason Moe on the cannot bat, podium.

Runs 2017-05-23 18:31:19 

Link Text

wink
lol
Who will you believe Sanjay who never played test cricket as a bowler or Siva who represented India as a legspin bowler
The WRIST always have to be in play when bowling legspin. ALWAYS cool

Courtesy 2017-05-23 18:36:48 

See Andy in the video above SIVA says "Amit Mishra is not using his fingers too much". Notice his grip on the ball is very different from the finger spinner. He is classified as a pure wrist spinner. And there a leggies in between who do both finger and wrist spin.

Andy99 2017-05-23 18:38:27 

lol

Andy99 2017-05-23 18:41:55 

In reply to Courtesy

Now that you have mellowed a bit, let me answer you.

There are pure finger spinning leggies of the Bishoo variety.

There are leggies with big finger spinning leg breaks but can also bowl wrist spin of the Warney and Yasir Shah variety.

And pure wrist spinners like Amit Mishra, there are one or two more Indians and the guy from South Africa whose name escapes me. The pure wrist spinning leggies do not spin the leg break very big but they will beat you with variety... "they cover more bases" as Sanjay Manjdrekar would say.

The pure wrist spin leggies also get the googly to turn big.

1)So Bishoo isnt a wrist spinner, he is a finger spinner?

2)So Warne and Shah are finger spinners who can transform to wrist spinners?

3)U do know that Mishra is probably the biggest turner of the ball going around today?

Courtesy 2017-05-23 18:43:44 

In reply to Andy99

3)U do know that Mishra is probably the biggest turner of the ball going around today?

Not the leg break...no sir...but you're now beginning to understand the nuances.

lol lol lol

Andy99 2017-05-23 18:44:39 

In reply to jen

I can back up courtesy with that the are some leggies who use more wrist and some more fingers. The ones who combine wrist and fingers will be the ones who extra the most turn. The strict finger ones will get more pace and bounce off the pitch.

This isnt the arugment, actually he shifted it to this when he was getting the crap beat out of him.
know the difference between a right arm orthodox leg spinner (a finger spinning leggie) and a wrist spinning leggie.

This was it.

Courtesy 2017-05-23 18:46:48 

In reply to Andy99

You want to check the meaning of orthodox and get back to me.

And really...has the argument changed? Check my post of May 03, 2017 and get back to me as well.

And all this without seeing Warney's video.

Allyuh will learn.

Andy99 2017-05-23 18:48:27 

In reply to Courtesy

Yes the leg break, who turns it more?

Courtesy 2017-05-23 18:51:03 

In reply to Andy99

Yes the leg break, who turns it more?

Brother dis done. You are now seeking to change the scope of the argument with gibberish.

If you watched Warne's video you will understand why Mishra's leg break will not be huge.

Have a great night.

Thanks for Warney's video...but this is nothing new to De Courtesy.

big grin

Courtesy 2017-05-23 19:19:29 

De last word:...dem two fellas really dunce to bring these two reference videos to light. It only shows how...they are.

Have a great night all those who believe the Courtesy is a dunce. I will never exchange my duncey world with yours.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Have a great night idiots.

One for archives.

Runs 2017-05-23 20:06:11 

In reply to Courtesy

Toot toot lol

Scar 2017-05-23 20:16:35 

In reply to Runs

Not everyone can bowl wrist spin well bro. Gotta have supple wrists and long fingers do help. Warnie had some big hands tho and thick fingers, was not a slim guy either.

I used to turn it a mile when I bowled legspin, the googley needs,a bit more artfullness since it comes out from behind and over the wrist rather than over the fingers only. Mine g was more of a skidder. Bishoo lacks confidence in his amd doesnt try it. I used to bowl the offspin and use my thumb to get a slight leggie deviation

Courtesy 2017-05-23 21:37:27 

In reply to Andy99

Have you asked your cohort of dunces to apologize having seen both videos and understanding the nuances of leg spin bowling.

Next time don't fact with de Courtesy.

It's archived.

big grin

jen 2017-05-23 22:08:02 

In reply to Scar

I find slimmer bowlers bowl a better googly, out of all the leggies like Kumble, MacGill, Kaneria, Tahir, Warne google was probably the worse of them all. Kaneria in his earlier days bowled an awesome googly, MacGill own was always classy. Tahir right now has the best. Dips and rips!

Scar 2017-05-23 22:35:07 

In reply to jen

True Warnie use to call his a flipper or topper and admitted such. I think it was Ponting who said it eas because of his large hands and thick wrist and fingers he could let the leggie rip so much.

doosra 2017-05-24 05:13:38 

In reply to jen

I find slimmer bowlers bowl a better googly

clearly you have not seen one of the very best of them - chubby Mustaq Ahmed

Gooched

youtube mustaq ahmed googly

Mushy bai even bowled it from around the wicket

runout 2017-05-24 21:14:58 

Oh rass BiSHoo still got them spinning????

jen 2017-05-25 00:18:27 

In reply to doosra

We are talking in general, it doesn't mean its always the case. Warne clearly had a more powerful shoulder yet MacGill spun them further. Things don't always apply to everyone. MacGill action allowed him to get the ball up, drop and spin. Bowled massive leg breaks.