The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

TT Ministers!

granite 2017-05-24 04:26:32 

The TT Minister of Tourism recently ran up a bill of $59,000 on her Mobile,and now we read that the Minister of Sport ran up a bill of $92000 for a 3 day jaunt in Tobago.I have to wonder if this was Kamla's Govt,what kind of re-action we would have,come een Courtesy,leh meh hear yuh spin this . lol
Oh,me almost forget,plenty cut backs but we have millions to open the Lara Stadium but no money to open the Hospital in Couva.
Allyuh talk nah! lol lol lol

Emir 2017-05-24 07:07:06 

In reply to granite

You see that Courtesy character is a "Lucian" who like to chook his face in Trini Business and almost always he doesn't get it. big grin

Courtesy 2017-05-24 07:18:33 

In reply to Emir

When allyuh can demand that Bahamas and other territories significantly reduce their roaming rates we can talk.

I will get the details of the Sports Ministers phone bill and get back to you.

Allyuh can also be victims of price gouging too. Be sympathetic to Caribbean nationals paying extremely high roaming rates instead dancing a jig and viewing this from purely political lens.

big grin

sgtdjones 2017-05-24 07:26:06 

In reply to Emir

He needs a life. One can tell he reviews T&T newspapers.

He reminds me of Trump, oh yea, he also gets his news the same way.

As a pharmacist, repetition of counting to one hundred and the fumes
of the meds took a turn for the worst on his health.

We need a nurse Rachet for him in an institution.

JOJO said it well he is a nut case.

lol lol lol lol

DAVE400 2017-05-24 08:28:46 

In reply to Courtesy

Dude, no comment on the Tobago thingy?

The power of the P bro...

Courtesy 2017-05-24 08:42:26 

In reply to DAVE400

De Courtesy from my post above:

I will get the details of the sports minister's phone bill and get back to you.

I even tort it was another phone bill racked up by the Sports Minister.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and simplt say: you missed it.

I got this from the Trinidad Guardian.

I will venture a comment when all the facts are made known...not just from the sports minister and his PS.

In the meantime, please supply all the info you can lay your brains on relevant to this matter, to help put the issue into proper perspective and for the avoidance of any doubt.

I shall not hesitate to condemn the sports minister vehemently if any confirmed wrongdoing is brought to light.

DAVE400 2017-05-24 09:55:49 

In reply to Courtesy

Dude, the sports minister is a hotel bill...not a phone bill...

The amount is one thing ...the invitees another...seems like Anil Roberts all over again... big grin

Courtesy 2017-05-24 10:55:50 

In reply to DAVE400

Bro, you're not following. I said this:

I even tort it was another phone bill racked up by the Sports Minister.

Further, if any investigation says conclusively that the minister went on a joy ride, he should be condemned in the strongest possible terms, but I am not about to compare 400 million and counting with a paltry 90 thousand.

big grin

As we engage in this discourse, Prime Minister Rowley who is back at work today after a period of vacation wants to get to the bottom of the matter as quickly as is humanly possible. Prime Minister Rowley whom at the start of his administration had advocated a zero tolerance to mis-management in his government wants the details of the assignment to Tobago under reference on his desk ASAP.

PM orders report into Sport Minister's Tobago trip.

DAVE400 2017-05-25 00:16:10 

In reply to Courtesy

Mate, i am feeling sorry for the poor guy who is not the first man to fall victim to the power of the P.

On another note....emailgate never been resolved...

granite 2017-05-25 05:05:48 

In reply to Emir
How are things with you man,hope yuh awrite.

cool

Emir 2017-05-25 06:36:25 

In reply to granite

Doing well man.

Thanks for asking.

Courtesy 2017-05-25 07:15:16 

In reply to DAVE400

Mate, i am feeling sorry for the poor guy who is not the first man to fall victim to the power of the P.

If any minister of government disregards his Prime Minister's austerity and good governance measures he must pay heavily for this.

This is what leadership, accountability and good government entails...it's not about having reports and evidence of vast amounts of corruption and mismanagement in government and turning a blind eye or sitting on that evidence for eternity.

In that same vein, the PNM government must pursue any evidence in its possession of wrongdoings by the previous government with dispatch and further, as a matter of urgency pass legislation to remove any statutory limits for such matters.

The Caribbean must shake off quickly the perception of lax government, corruptiion, lack of accountability and essentially anything goes.

De Courtesy will NEVER support anyone who condones corruption, mismanagement and lack of accountability...NO SIR.

As for emailgate...getting the requisite information from the managers of BIG SOCIAL MEDIA companies is like pulling teeth. But perhaps, now that PPP are in opposition with more time on their hands, they must now do all in their power to clear their names.

big grin

DAVE400 2017-05-25 08:46:35 

In reply to Courtesy

Burden of proof is with accuser for society to operate civilly

Courtesy 2017-05-25 10:43:06 

In reply to DAVE400

The PNM is in office after emailgate. They have "done the deed." So let it be, if the accused want to live with that stain.

DAVE400 2017-05-25 16:48:53 

In reply to Courtesy

Dude, u could easily ge minister of information...