NYCGURU 2017-06-25 18:10:25 

In reply to allan

Very true. Amazing indeed.

XDFIX 2017-06-25 18:20:20 

In reply to allan

Bajans protect their own, no diff from other Carib countries

rubberd 2017-06-25 18:47:34 

In reply to allan

Today Carter deserves to lose his spot on the team. Personally he needed to cut out the risk and bat without the pressure of trying to win an unwinnable match. Live to fight another day.

LBW375 2017-06-25 21:25:31 

In reply to rubberd

Today ??

He averages 23 after 27 matches. He needs to be put out to pasture.

20 sinting at FC too.

Not going anywhere

sunfish 2017-06-25 21:54:47 

Averaging 19 over 10 years and the selectors think he will improve. Cater's selection is unfathomable and even stupid..

Aye.. I wish my West Indian administrations hand a little more brain cells..

Hendra 2017-06-26 07:58:09 

In reply to sunfish

Carter does not cut it at this level. He is totally out of sorts and should be relieved of his his misery. Try someone else, Ambris, who else?

Logic 2017-06-26 08:06:51 

In reply to XDFIX

Bajans protect their own, no diff from other Carib countries

Maybe, but I can think of a whole team of Bajans that would be more worthy of a play before Carter, so they not doing Bajans any favours either.

Logic 2017-06-26 08:20:52 

In reply to Hendra

Rovman Powell is in the squad and must play - I am not sure that Ambris is what is needed, unless he is to replace Powell who has really struggled. Powell is an impact player with a champion's mentality. Yes he has some technical deficiencies but he can help a weak team win games. That impact player is desperately missing from this line up. Holder can bat higher up the order if needed.

I am also not sure that it makes a great deal of sense playing both Joseph and Cummins on these flat wickets. The selectors have an opportunity to go for some variety and maybe strengthen the batting at the same time. Why not chose Reifer? He will not do much better bowling-wise though his left arm seamers offer variety, but he has shown he is a steady batsman in a crisis. I would expect that he and Powell could share 10 overs and not do any worse that one of Joseph or Cummins.

Logic 2017-06-26 08:48:31 

In reply to XDFIX

but I can think of a whole team of Bajans that would be more worth

In case you think I was bullshitting, here's my list:

Raymon Reifer
Kyle Mayers
Roshon Primus
Dwayne Smith
Kevin Stoute
Justin Greaves
Shemar Springer (why not - was as much a star of Under 19 champs as Joseph and Hetmeyer)
Dominic Drakes (OK - a bit of a stretch but watch out for this leftie allrounder)

The above was the batting allrounders, but as to pure batsmen I could add:
Kyle Hope
Kraigg Brathwaite
Shemar Brooks
(all who have done better than Carter regionally in recent years)

And since you point is selection favouritism for Bajans I could add bowlers too in which case Kemar Roach would top my list. Kemar would also bat better under pressure than Carter.

I count 11 so I will stop there but I hope you get my point. Maybe the Carter thing is down more to selector incompetence than selector bias.

thefacts 2017-06-26 09:25:51 

In reply to allan

HOW THE HELL CARTER STILL PLAYING ODIs

Mind boggling

No Sir, Not Mind Boggling at ALL.

Its called "Boot Licking".

FUNNY AS FCUK

HA HA HA

analyst-kid 2017-06-26 10:35:04 

In reply to Logic

I agree re Reifer...a left hand bowler with a cool head batting....a guy who looks for singles and keeps the score board ticking....he got run out in the Prez 11 MATCH looking for quick runs when everybody was falling to that Afghan spinner Khan.

Dwayne Smith would have been needed at the top of WI batting....he gets the ball way either in singles or fours and sixes.

They are so much Bajan bats superior to Carter...even Justin Greaves and Kenroy Williams have higher averages than Carter in the four day.

The B'DOS Batting in my rankings is 1 Brathwaite 2 Hope 3 Chase 4 Dowrich/Brooks 5 Greaves 6 Stoute 7.Holder 8 Carter/Alleyne.

Primus and Reifer would fit in Greaves spot and Kyle Hope with Dowrich/Brooks