The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

A fuel tanker overturned in Pakistan

Chrissy 2017-06-25 19:49:31 

An overturned oil tanker exploded in a huge fireball in Pakistan on Sunday killing more than 150 people, including many women and children, who had rushed to the site to collect fuel spilling from the crashed vehicle.

Witnesses described terrifying scenes at the site in the city of Ahmad Pur Sharqia, Punjab province.

Ejaz Hussain Lashari, a student, said: “I heard everyone sitting nearby crying for help. You couldn’t understand what they were saying. I could only understand everyone was calling for help. I saw a woman holding a jerry can screaming ‘my baby, please tell me where my little baby is’. Unfortunately we couldn’t do anything.”

Survivors described an explosion, like a bomb going off, in the blaze, which could have been sparked by a dropped cigarette, as villagers went running with jerry cans and buckets to collect the spilt fuel, after the tanker toppled off the main road near Bahawalpur.

Lashari said that by the time the first fire crew arrived, 30 minutes after the fire started, “everything was burned into ashes, bodies were beyond recognition and the injured were screaming”. He said a huge crowd had gathered at the scene before the explosion. “Who knows if someone lit a cigarette?”

A loudspeaker on top of a local mosque alerted villagers to the leaking fuel, and scores raced to the site with jerry cans, said Rana Mohammad Salim, deputy commissioner of Bahawalpur.

Now over 150 people are dead

Ha - copied the headline and then edited ROFL
lol lol lol lol

Courtesy 2017-06-25 19:53:05 

Deleted.

I had to look twice if was the prof putting out a heading like that confused confused

Chrissy 2017-06-25 20:58:18 

WWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! lol

imusic 2017-06-25 21:24:21 

Tragic. Prayers for the dead and injured

Chrissy 2017-06-26 10:25:58 

In reply to imusic

Horrible